Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: I blame ghosts. Paranormal Investigators Dead After Police Standoff

I do and did watch some "ghost" or paranormal related shows, just because it fascinates me and also because of stories of my parents.
    My mom's grandma was a medium or at least a sensitive who could not handle her "gift", moved tons of times because in each house she was bothered by activity. Luckily for her, things could also be seen by others (like objects moving, doors opening and closing etc.) otherwise she may have been committed (we're talking about the late 1800's, early 1900's).
    My dad was a firm skeptic who, pretty much until he died at 93, wondered what the heck he had seen as a 6 year old boy when he visited one of her friends with his mom and the lady's daughter, who was slightly older than he was, announced that "Grandma is coming" before walking out to the front door. The lady told my dad, a curious 6 year old, to go with the girl and he said she opened the front door, talked to somebody he couldn't see, let whatever it was walk in front of her to the main bedroom (he could see a flour like substance on the floor in the hallway) where the girl opened the linen closet and the sheets started moving, as if somebody was going through them to count them. That scared the shit out of him so he ran back into his mom's lap and the lady said the girl had a gift and that "grandma" would often visit and count the sheets which is what the lady of the house would do to check if none of them had been taken by the employees, LOL.

I think I've watched most of these paranormal shows with both interest and skepticism. Some of the shows had some interesting results, but mostly nothing happened. I absolutely hated the show with the two fat brothers, I think it was Ghost Lab, if only because the one brother would almost always immediately start yelling and provoking the "ghosts", while on shows like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International at least the team members were more respectful if you will.
    The Caputo woman, or Long Island Medium (Long Island Medium): some of the things she does look quite real, other instances people hand it to her before she even starts.

The Haunted Collector is one show I really don't get. He takes away items that are causing paranormal disturbances from houses or buildings and then puts ALL the items in one "museum". Wouldn't that make for a huge ticking paranormal time bomb if you believe in that stuff?

As for that James Randi guy: he's such a curmudgeon when exposing these people, he mostly drives me to wanting to believe they are the real thing. Can't stand the guy, even if he did some wonderful things.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

I totally believe in ghosts. I posted something here somewhere awhile back about living in what I believe was a haunted house.

I love, love, love The Dead Files.
    Fly_On_TheWall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Poor lady, judging by the eyebrows she must have been possessed by an evil clown.
    And his bame was Mark.

So, the protectio order worked really well, didnt it?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I totally believe in ghosts. I posted something here somewhere awhile back about living in what I believe was a haunted house.

I love, love, love The Dead Files.
    I used to watch a lot of Dead Files, the medium is such a weirdo.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I love the Dead Files too. I like her weirdness. I too believe in ghosts/spirits.Also reincarnation.I'm a Paranormal junkie. As for this story...sounds like the husband was a abusive before. He was released on bail, for kidnapping & trying to strangle her a couple of months ago. Their daughter was arrested for trying to help him. Don't know if the daughter will get her day in court now that Debby is dead.Sad situation all around.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post

As for that James Randi guy: he's such a curmudgeon when exposing these people, he mostly drives me to wanting to believe they are the real thing. Can't stand the guy, even if he did some wonderful things.
    Why should he be anything but a curmudgeon when he's unmasking frauds, should he be sympathetic? Scammers who trick grieving people into believing they can contact their lost loved ones are despicable, and don't deserve anything but derision. I'm a huge skeptic and I love the work Randi does.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Silver Member

Does anybody else have stories about ghost encounters? I'm a skeptic who wants to believe, but none of the paranormal investigation shows have been convincing with their "evidence". I've heard stories from relative whom I deemed to be trustworthy, but I don't think I will ever be a believer until I actually experience it for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Why should he be anything but a curmudgeon when he's unmasking frauds, should he be sympathetic? Scammers who trick grieving people into believing they can contact their lost loved ones are despicable, and don't deserve anything but derision. I'm a huge skeptic and I love the work Randi does.
    Did you read what I said, the part you actually quoted???

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post

I know that the way he exposes people, his demenour, turns people off, not just me. It's not that they don't agree with him, it's just that he has a "bad bedside manner". I don't care if he's not sympathetic to the con artists WHILE he exposes them. I am talking about when he talks about it in documentaries, many people are turned off because he comes across as very negative, a whiner, presumptuous. What I mean to say by that is, that if you want to caution people to not buy the nonsense 99% of these so called mediums and if you want to explain their tricks, you'd achieve more when you don't come across as smug and arrogant. He doesn't need to dumb it down, he could reach more people if he didn't come across as an angry gnome. That's all.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Speaking of haunted houses; ya'll should read the book about the Errol Flynn house. Damn!

http://www.amazon.com/Errol-Flynn-Sl...lynn%27s+house

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information