Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Hugh Grant believes casual AFFAIRS are key to maintaining a healthy marriage

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Actually....

...I was informed that the more modern term is STI. They decided that 'sexually transmitted infection' carried less stigma than 'sexually transmitted disease.' Infection supposedly isn't as scary and is something you get treated by your doctor.

Anyway, I just have to admire Hugh for helping to maintain so many healthy marriages.
    True, and as a health educator, I say sexually transmitted infection almost daily, yet I still focused on STD's...

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    And don't get me started on the dangers of reefer!!!

Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

i work in the health field and as far as im concerned its STD. It should carry a stigma. Shit herpes is for life, close friends lost their wombs to HPV, and HIV can kill. But yeah fuck away bareback.. why not.....
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    VD? Are we stuck in a 1950's educational film? It's STD's these days, sir
    The last time he probably had to worry about potentially catching anything it was VD!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^^ Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    i work in the health field and as far as im concerned its STD. It should carry a stigma. Shit herpes is for life, close friends lost their wombs to HPV, and HIV can kill. But yeah fuck away bareback.. why not.....
    I disagree. Yeah, sometimes people make stupid decisions, but sometimes accidents happen or partners lie. Contracting an infection doesn't meant that someone is immoral or a bad person.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I disagree. Yeah, sometimes people make stupid decisions, but sometimes accidents happen or partners lie. Contracting an infection doesn't meant that someone is immoral or a bad person.
    Yeah, I'm with you. Something like nearly all sexually active people have HPV (this according the the CDC). Also, one of my besties got an STD from her very first boyfriend. Someone she was serious about. When she told him that she contracted this STD/STI, he denied having it and dumped her. This is a girl that's had two sexual partners. Total.

I'm still side-eyeing HG for giving us advice on tactics for a healthy marriage when 1.) He has never been married and 2.) The key ingredient that he is suggesting violates the foundation of marriage at its core. I'm not saying that this approach can't work for some and i've known several very lovely "open minded" individuals but usually this pacifies a situation that is waiting to cumbust and someone gets hurt. That being said, he is bold to speak on this topic or maybe he is trying to tell his future dates why they shouldn't ever expect to marry him.
    rollo likes this.

it doesnt matter how many people you sleep with, but the more you do the bigger risk of contracting anything. in this day and age if people are not careful then dont cry about the consequences. if think that if it there was more negativativity surrounding STDs like back in the day people wouldnt be so quick to fuck or suck unprotected. its like humans are dumb or something......ALL IT TAKES IS ONE TIME. one.

I don't look down, at all, at people with open relationships/marriages. I have to admit, though, I would feel like SUCH AN ASSHAT if some really fun, brief interlude led to a lifetime condition that I would need a prescription for. Luckily, I can rely on my super-vivid imagination.

czb

it doesnt matter how many people you sleep with, but the more you do the bigger risk of contracting anything. in this day and age if people are not careful then dont cry about the consequences. if think that if it there was more negativativity surrounding STDs like back in the day people wouldnt be so quick to fuck or suck unprotected. its like humans are dumb or something......ALL IT TAKES IS ONE TIME. one.
    right. it just takes one time. condoms break and stuff happens. so you want to sentence the STD perps to a lifetime at molokai??

Gold Member

The thing is, stigmas often perpetuate misinformation and misinformation oftentimes leads to social ostracism and violence towards those to whom the stigma is attached and does very little - if anything at all - in addressing or fixing the problem. In the most cases it actually makes the problem worse.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    right. it just takes one time. condoms break and stuff happens. so you want to sentence the STD perps to a lifetime at molokai??
    Free trip to Hawaii!!!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information