Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: Hugh Grant believes casual AFFAIRS are key to maintaining a healthy marriage

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    As a man, I don't get what the attraction would be either other than I wasn't getting any at home and desperate. Even then, it would be a turn off because of VD and the fact that most of the time prostitutes are doing this job out of desperation, not aspiration.
    VD? Are we stuck in a 1950's educational film? It's STD's these days, sir
    MohandasKGanja and Bluebonnet like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    As a man, I don't get what the attraction would be either other than I wasn't getting any at home and desperate. Even then, it would be a turn off because of VD and the fact that most of the time prostitutes are doing this job out of desperation, not aspiration.
    Kuddos to you Mohandas. A man with self-respect is hard to find. I tip my hat to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    And don't get me started on the dangers of reefer!!!
    Kittylady, Moongirl, panic and 5 others like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

It will be five years for me and Bloke on 11/11 and while he says he's not romantic he does have his moments. I still have all the poems and letters he sent me from when we were first courting, including the one he sent during a trip to the US (which he wrote in a bar and caused many a man to curse him as their wives and GF's started bitching them out for never doing anything like that for them ). I have two little tiny porcelain cats that he's brought me back from a couple of trips to Italy and the most hideously tacky drag queen cat monster thing that he brought me back from Germany. We hold hands walking along, tell each other that we love each other every day and kiss goodnight before turning out the light, even when I have fallen asleep first and the only part of me poking out from under the duvet is an elbow.

Having said all of that, though, we would never, ever expect anyone to do things the way we have, because that's us and everyone is different. And he knows if he cheated on me I'd cut off his balls and make him watch while I fed them to the cats.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    He has a situation that works for him. As long as he and his baby mamas are consenting adults it's their business.
    Yes, I have a feeling it's all about him and what he wants and always will be because he is the big Hollywood star with the megabucks. The women don't appear to get much of a say. Isn't he allegedly not speaking to one of them at the moment because she doesn't like the set up? And as for the kids, who cares? They have a rich Daddy!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

If you're going to let Hugh Grant knock you up, you better not be expecting some traditional dad / relationship scenario. Those women knew exactly what they would get, and went for it.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Poor little tax-deductible offspring!
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

‘Do I think human beings are meant to be in 40-year-long monogamous, faithful, relationships? No, No, No. Whoever said they were? I think there's something unromantic about marriage. You're closing yourself off.’
    Speak for yourself Grant. People do live in 40-year-long monogamous, faithful relationships, so who's to say that its unnatural for us or not? Everyone is different. A lot of human behavior can be blamed on our early ancestors, for example not being monogamous, but there's also plenty of people that have evolved to want to be with and stay with long term partners. Just because marriage wouldn't fulfill you doesn't mean all people should feel that way. People are so quick to make blanket statements about relationships and marriage. I'm a pretty free spirited person and still somewhat young, and even I have been completely faithful to my husband for the past 13 years we've been together because we're a good fit. Some people highly value sex and physical pleasure, some of us value that too but more so loyalty, love, and friendship for the rest of our lives, which you don't truly have with affairs. But none of what he said is surprising, he's allowed to his own opinion.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I still don't know why it was such a big fucking deal the guy went to a prostitute.

Aside from Elizabeth Hurley, it was because Divine Brown was a transvestite.

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    Aside from Elizabeth Hurley, it was because Divine Brown was a transvestite.
    Lol I think you're confusing Hugh with Eddie Murphy. Divine Brown was born a woman.
    sputnik, Kittylady and gas_chick like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

there's a line of thought that monogamy is similar to orientation. You're either suited for it and crave it, or not.

Hugh has always been repulsive to me.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

He's just one of those people who pull the "Humans are hardwired to be X" rationale to excuse his own shitty behavior. I know people in consensual polyamorous relationships and it works for them. They're not preachy and they understand it's just a preference. What you're talking about Hugh, is called cheating.
    rollo likes this.

"Honey, I'm off to work on our marriage by f*cking a random! Back in about an hour!"

"Ok darling! Enjoy your strange!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    Actually....

...I was informed that the more modern term is STI. They decided that 'sexually transmitted infection' carried less stigma than 'sexually transmitted disease.' Infection supposedly isn't as scary and is something you get treated by your doctor.

Anyway, I just have to admire Hugh for helping to maintain so many healthy marriages.
    Moongirl and sprynkles like this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information