Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: How Richard Burton made Errol Flynn look like a monk

Quote Originally Posted by Paulus2 View Post
    Maybe I am way out in left field on this, but if my memory isn't FU, I thought he was quoted as saying (paraphrased) that he was bi...."look, I'm an actor, and all actors are gay!" Now, before I hear a chorus of outraged comments regarding this 'quote' I ask all of you please tell me he didn't say this in an interview.....or, this 'quote' was made by some other actor. (I sound defensive because this article shows him to be a womanizer in a major way and there was no hint he might have played in 'Dorthy's' back yard!)
    Congrats on your 69th post.

I think it's possible to be bisexual and a womanizer and I also don't think anyone at this board will be outraged that you are claiming Burton was bi because it's not an insult. Unless you think it's an insult?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Burton admitted to being bisexual in an interview, although his exact words could be viewed as merely an example of his wit."
    What were his exact words? Why not let the reader decide how they could be viewed?
    He said all actors drink to cover up their homosexuality, and that he was once actively gay as a young man. This was from a 1974 interview with Michael Parkinson. (InLikeErrol16:56, 15 June 2007 (UTC))
    This is an LGBT article. Burton admitted to having been actively bisexual: he didn't 'try it once and didn't like it', he chose to have many homo experiences, at a time when it was illegal. Most people are hetero, but many bisexuals claim that most people are bi. It would be very unlikely that Burton's quote about actors being homosexuals who cover it up with drink would be first said by a heterosexual. The fact he was an acor who was a very heavy drinker makes it virtually certain that he was including himself in the quote in question. Therefore he should be in bisexual and LGBT categories. Werdnawerdna (talk) 23:41, 2 October 2008 (UTC)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information