Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Hollywood's Pedophile Epidemic

I just happened to run across The Client this weekend on one of the lesser cable channels. I can't believe how good he was in that.
    suzy83 and Alysheba like this.

i think one pedo gets a job in some area, works his way up, then hires all his other pedo buddies.

and grooms all the kids. well i got that from the movie, lots of extra interesting stuff in your article though. has the story changed about roman polanski's situation over the years? it was so different back then. i'm not a polanski sympathizer but he'd be in way more shit now than when he was originally caught, my god the stones and led zeppelin were banging 13 year old groupies at that time too.... no one talks about that, in fact the groupie girls are revered! i'm so confused.

The Roman Polanski case is legally complicated. Technically, he fled the country not to avoid prosecution, but to avoid sentencing. There was a plea deal in place where he would serve 90 days "psychiatric obeservation" in a minimum security facility, followed by probation. He served 42 days of the 90, but when the time came for the formal probation sentencing, the judge, having had a bug put in his ear by an LA county assistant DA, threatened to throw the plea deal out and order him to serve hard time in a max security facillity, followed by deportation. (The assistant DA was not an attorney of record for the case, so his private lobbying of the judge was a major ethics breach, and grounds for disbarrment, if not prosecution for them both.) Polanski apparently had/has a phobia of locked and close spaces stemming from his experiences fleeing the Nazis in WW2, so he panicked, and fled the country. This is not to excuse what he did, just to explain it's more complicated than "Roman Polanski has been evading prosecution for 40 years". He actually pled guilty.

If it happened today, he certainly wouldn't have the sympathy he had in 1977 after the Manson murders. But I'm not sure he would be prosecuted, instead of just paying the girl's family to make it go away. Her mother bears a lot of culpability in what happened, too.
    Annika, Trixie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

There is a book I have read and unfortunately cannot remember the title despite a Google search of key words (it'll probably hit me at 2 am when everyone is asleep) about this and the "farm" for child actors. An apartment complex where parents being their kids to be prepped for roles and don't realize that predation happens. I'll see if I can find it. Thought the name was "The Price of Fame" but after a Google, am incorrect.

Renfro OD'd in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Renfro OD'd in 2008.

Should have been the pedo's who od'd
    BITTER, Wisher2 and maryk like this.

^^^I think Bryan Singer was one of his perps. And not the last one.
    Wisher2 likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    There is a book I have read and unfortunately cannot remember the title despite a Google search of key words (it'll probably hit me at 2 am when everyone is asleep) about this and the "farm" for child actors. An apartment complex where parents being their kids to be prepped for roles and don't realize that predation happens. I'll see if I can find it. Thought the name was "The Price of Fame" but after a Google, am incorrect.
    That apartment complex was on a tv special that covered the industry for wannabe child actors. I don't remember too much from it, except it seemed like entire families were living there. It looked like kind of a messed-up existence.
    Wisher2 and Lalasnake like this.

Entertainment, sports, wherever children or young teens have the potential for success, there are predators around. It's awful the way they prey on people's children. And it's worse because some parents willingly put their children in harm's way because they see the dollar signs.
    Wisher2, Kittylady and Lalasnake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Entertainment, sports, wherever children or young teens have the potential for success, there are predators around. It's awful the way they prey on people's children. And it's worse because some parents willingly put their children in harm's way because they see the dollar signs.
    Which is why I am cautious about putting my son in the entertainment industry. Sure, it would be great to put him in print, and commercial, but I don't want to risk it.

Edit: I remember there was a football coach in the Philadelphia area who molested kids from the team. It was about 5 years back or something. I was so glad he got caught.
    BITTER, Angeli and Lalasnake like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

^^^I think I remember that one pinkbunnyslippers. Can't recall his name. Maybe it's for the best.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i think one pedo gets a job in some area, works his way up, then hires all his other pedo buddies.

and grooms all the kids. well i got that from the movie, lots of extra interesting stuff in your article though. has the story changed about roman polanski's situation over the years? it was so different back then. i'm not a polanski sympathizer but he'd be in way more shit now than when he was originally caught, my god the stones and led zeppelin were banging 13 year old groupies at that time too.... no one talks about that, in fact the groupie girls are revered! i'm so confused.
    13 yr old girls didn't look their age back then. Every female kind of looked the same.

^How old do you think they looked? Every female looked the same as what, in which way?
    Annika likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    ^How old do you think they looked? Every female looked the same as what, in which way?
    Don't engage

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That apartment complex was on a tv special that covered the industry for wannabe child actors. I don't remember too much from it, except it seemed like entire families were living there. It looked like kind of a messed-up existence.
    An Open Secret, was that the name of the documentary. I think the apartments were called Oakwood.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information