Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hollywood brass caves, signs Tom Cruise up for Mission Impossible 4. BOOO! SUCK IT!

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't get it, they couldn't get MI3 made, no one wanted it. Valkyrie is sitting on the self waiting for a audience and now they want to make a MI4?

Even if he walks on water and can part the waves - I will never go see another Tom Cruise flick...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I've seen all of them sadly. The last one was actually pretty good, despite him.
    you mean the last Mission movie?

Was that the one with Keri Russell in it? I would have gone and seen it for her, but I still couldn't do it. Just can't support Tommy girl.

I don't know, I think his career is still going down the toilet. I keep reading that Valkyrie is going to be the final nail in that coffin, it's supposed to be pretty bad. I think the MI franchise is a guaranteed money-maker regardless of Cruise, people will go see it even if it sucks. The suits are just trying to milk it for all it's worth.

You know, it's really too bad Cruise has totally gone off the deep end of $cientology, he was a pretty decent actor in some films. He was really great in Born On The Fourth of July. Should've gotten the Oscar for that. Maybe he wouldn't have started drinking the Kool-aid if he'd gotten his little golden statue.

He's like Nosferatu - when you think that final nail is on the his coffin things like this happens but I doubt the MI4 will be a huge hit- the last movie did well but not great and I think his reputation and draw has taken a huge hit.

Things can change before filming starts. Maybe THIS is the last nail in the coffin! Script isn't done yet and it may totally suck worse than the last Rambo.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Hit By Ban Bus!

This is the flick that ended the contract between Cruise and Paramount.
    Cost to make 150 mil
    Pr 50 mil

ticket sales world wide
    398 mil

minus what Tom and Paula take off of the back end .... same as with War of the Worlds, after Tom and Steven got their end the studio didn't really make that much money.

And of course, as we all know, Cruise does ALL OF HIS OWN STUNTS. I'm sure he wanted to make one last groaner where he could make that pathetic claim again.

Hey, let's give Katie a cameo in this one. Let's give Will and Jada a cameo. Let's give Kirstie and Travolta a cameo. Let's call it "Mission: Impossible - Teaching $cientologist$ to Act".

Quote Originally Posted by Belindagogo View Post
    Probably a member of NAMBLA
    What is NAMBLA pray tell?

Quote Originally Posted by AllieCat View Post
    What is NAMBLA pray tell?
    national association of man boy lovers... I know it's a bad comment to make but I couldn't resist...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post

Hey, let's give Katie a cameo in this one. Let's give Will and Jada a cameo. Let's give Kirstie and Travolta a cameo. Let's call it "Mission: Impossible - Teaching $cientologist$ to Act".

He may be an accomplished actor, but he is still TOm Cruise in most of the films. Tom Cruise, running and jumping and teeth and floppy boy hair and posturing and posing and making out he is the saviour of the world or is that saver? I despise him. The last movie I watched of his was Rainman and he was annoying in that with that fast talking question question bullshit. Thats stupid acting. He is stupid.
    Jack I swear.

Fact is, sequels/franchises are in fact a way to reenergize or boosts a sagging career.

Let's face it Tommy needs a big one now. That Lions for Lambs movie blew Mr. T balls and an MI4 movie should be guaranteed box office. Hell I'll see it, I loved the first one a f**king classic. The others not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    What worries me is the hollywood brass fucking caved and decided to sign him.. why? Is his tarnished image on the mend to the point where they think they can make money again?

If so, then all the damned C0$ bashing has been for naught
    It's all Oprah's fault...and after she swore to use her mighty powers only for good.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I don't have a problem with Tom Cruise the actor. The fact that he is bat shit crazy in his personal life doesn't affect me personally or keep me from watching and occasionally enjoying his movies/performances.

The GMD can't act. He's worse than Shatner delivering lines but at least Shatner knows his limitations and plays off that which makes him great. Cruiser always sucked but had a strong fan base before he got so GLIB.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information