Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: HGTV 'Flip or Flop' Stars Tarek and Christina El Moussa's Marriage has Flopped

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    or sighing with relief that the suburban basic couple passed on the house with architectural features to inflict the HGTV gut job treatment on, and went with the mcmansion in a housing development instead.
    Erin and Ben Napier? I like them, they seem to be the only ones who actually respect the history of the houses.
    Trixie likes this.
    OITNB, Galina 'Red' Reznikov:
    You want to assassinate someone, vision is a basic requirement. It's like: step one: pick a person to kill. Step two: kill THAT person.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post

czb, your place sounds divine! Id love a view of the bay
    it's not divine but love seeing the bay every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    Erin and Ben Napier? I like them, they seem to be the only ones who actually respect the history of the houses.
    i had to google and i've watched their show before but not a lot of it.

i don't hate the 'one of a kind' lady though she can be a little extra and goes overboard with some of her stuff, but she's got better taste and is slightly less generic than the rest of them. and i like leanne ford and her brother. but most of them are pretty crap, the worst of course being chip and joanna 'fake farmhouse' gaines.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I like them too, not only do they respect the history but they actually don't always gut everything, some thought goes into it and of course they don't have huge budgets. They repurpose what they can. It's not like you see the same house style week after week, like with Flip or flop or Chip and Joanna. And they're actually cute together, not cringeworthy like Chip and Jo.
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    it's not divine but love seeing the bay every day.

That's divine to me! I would love to see that everyday.

i don't really know who you are talking about here but i have to say that i need my kitchen with walls. i like the way food smells while cooking but i don't want it all over the house or my things.
    i live in a maybe 80 years old apartment and thank gawd we have a separate kitchen, they don't make them like this anymore.
    i know that the place can look bigger with an open plan but i need walls and privacy.

czb

our kitchen has walls. there is just a opening (no door) that continues into the livingroom. access to the dining room is through that same entry. plus butler pass-through from kitchen counter to dining room.

Have you watched Restored on HGTV or the DIY network? The guy actually restores the houses as close as he can to how they were first built. If the house has additions he'll usually make things make more sense by restoring function to the original house. He does a lot of research & usually finds original tiles hidden in fireplaces, blueprints with hidden rooms, plastered doors, or old photos with landscaping that's been bricked over & usually finds a way to restore it. The color schemes are often fun & funky due to being time-period appropriate, & he always gives the homeowners a gorgeous retro fridge & like-new retro stove. It makes me want to live in Redlands, CA.

^^^They don't show that over here in germany. In fact, the US HGTV site does not even allow me a peek.
    You want to assassinate someone, vision is a basic requirement. It's like: step one: pick a person to kill. Step two: kill THAT person.

^^^They don't show that over here in germany. In fact, the US HGTV site does not even allow me a peek.
    https://m.youtube.com/hgtv?uid=Biuljj5uaUVHbnTAzfvutg

Any help?
    Lofty Bike and Lalasnake like this.

^^^OH YES!!!! Thank you. This works, will spend quite some time there.
    I watch way too much HGTV nowadays, I don't have Netflix and cannot connect to German TV (German culture as shown on TV is insufferable), so what else can I watch?
    Novice and Lalasnake like this.

^^^OH YES!!!! Thank you. This works, will spend quite some time there.
    I watch way too much HGTV nowadays, I don't have Netflix and cannot connect to German TV (German culture as shown on TV is insufferable), so what else can I watch?
    I've quite liked Babylon Berlin. Have you seen it? I've heard it's very popular in Germany.
    Lofty Bike likes this.

^^^Great production, but not really my cup of tea.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information