Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: HGTV 'Flip or Flop' Stars Tarek and Christina El Moussa's Marriage has Flopped

I watch the show. I don't think it's gonna do well after this and will be cancelled. It always seems most of the houses are flops. To me, if they hadn't sold it and it's still on the market, or they have not gone to settlement, it's a flop to me. And is it just me or the houses getting boring? It's the same color and same shit on most of the shows anymore. All the color is gray and white. Floors are always the same shit. No color. Just blah.
    HWBL, Lalasnake and holly like this.

I just read she's already dating someone "in the design business", so she probably moved up and she dumped him. I agree about the scripted, they are all scripted and all the home shows have the "unexpected disaster" and the same gray garbage. I don't even like Chip and Joanna any more, with their schtick. Chip is always acting like a two year old and she rolls her eyes at him.
    Lalasnake likes this.

Want to know what's hilarious about Fixer Upper? I genuinely like the show, but fall asleep every time it comes on. Literally. I clued my husband in last week. I said, "Watch this. I'll turn this on and fall right asleep." The next day, he's like, "Wow, you weren't kidding!" Now, we fall asleep to it almost every night. Last night, hubby says, "Try and pick one I haven't seen before." I said, "how would I know? I'm asleep in the first 10 mins!"
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

^ Yep, was just reading that they are "seeing other people" hmmm. My guess is this other person "in the design business" was why Tarek flipped out (no pun intended) in the gun incident, I mean that would be a bit of an overreaction to a disagreement over granite vs. marble, no? More like a jealous rage over another guy, even though they're denying it of course.

Tarek & Christina El Moussa Are Seeing Other People After Secret Split in May: Source

BY EMILY STROHM AND LANFORD BEARD@LANFORDBEARD POSTED ON DECEMBER 12, 2016 AT 2:55PM EST

Tarek and Christina El Moussa may have just announced their split on Monday, but the HGTV stars had been living separately and seeing other people for months, PEOPLE has learned.
    The Flip or Flop stars, who revealed they are going their separate ways after seven years of marriage, have not been living under the same roof since at least May — Christina, 33, has been living with their children, and Tarek spends several days a week and daughter Taylor, 6, and son Brayden, 1.

In her time apart from Tarek, who is also dating other people, Christina’s friendship with a fellow design industry professional has become romantic.

And though the exes are now pursuing new relationships, the source maintains that infidelity was not at the core of their split — nor was it related to a harrowing altercation this spring that the couple reference in their separation announcement on Monday.

Addressing “challenges” in their marriage, the pair said in a statement to PEOPLE: “We had an unfortunate misunderstanding about six months ago and the police were called to our house in an abundance of caution. There was no violence and no charges were filed.”

After the incident, Christina and the children left to live with their nanny; Tarek moved out a month later when she returned to the family home.

In their statement on Monday, they affirmed that both work and family life will continue ahead. “During the process, we are committed to our kids and being the best parents we can be,” they said. “We will continue to work through this process civilly and cooperatively, and plan to continue our professional life together.”

Tarek & Christina El Moussa: HGTV Stars Living Separately, Dating Before Split
    Brookie likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Want to know what's hilarious about Fixer Upper? I genuinely like the show, but fall asleep every time it comes on. Literally. I clued my husband in last week. I said, "Watch this. I'll turn this on and fall right asleep." The next day, he's like, "Wow, you weren't kidding!" Now, we fall asleep to it almost every night. Last night, hubby says, "Try and pick one I haven't seen before." I said, "how would I know? I'm asleep in the first 10 mins!"
    You don't miss much. Chip does stupid shit like eating a cockroach and Joanna distresses a bunch of flea market crap and then covers it in shiplap.

Ahhh yes, shiplap! And then she gets Jimmy Don to make her a metal sign that says "grow old with me, the best is yet to be".....

you are getting sleepy, sleeeepeee....
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I found her annoying. There she was, helping demo the kitchen while wearing 5 inch $1500 Valentino heels

Christina is a better actress than i thought! damn
    Trixie and Palermo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

“We will continue to work through this process civilly and cooperatively, and plan to continue our professional life together.”

That's it, their show is toast. This is the last season. Count on it.
    Palermo likes this.

I think its funny they are ruining their money train because I doubt flipping houses without a show is gonna bring in the money they want.
    Palermo likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

The show won't work if they are divorced. Back to Chip and Joanna, man their fans are stans of the highest variety. I joined the FB page to talk about the show in the beginning, those women are insane. Someone told another commenter she should apologize to the homeowner because she said she didn't look very enthused at the final product. LOL Alrighty then
    Seapharris7 likes this.

i hate-watched a season of this crap a while ago and they're both super tacky but she especially has really offensive taste in tiles. every shower she 'designs' has the same stupid built-in hole for products that fits maybe one bottle of shampoo and a bar of soap.

but they both seem like idiots and he's an ass who never listens to her and they just both come off as assholes but him especially, her worst offense is being really tacky and basic, whereas he looks like he could easily become violent.

chip and joanna are a different breed. joanna at least is a better actress this season, in the sense that her contempt for chip is a little less evident. chip is a moron. and they're both fundie as hell but try to hide it so they don't lose their mainstream appeal. but i want to be there with popcorn when hgtv asks them to feature a gay couple and they lose their shit and the fundies start shitting bricks about the gays ruining everything.
    Trixie, Brookie, Palermo and 3 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Yeah, if they come out verbally/formally against any minorities, that's the end of that show at my house as well.
    Palermo and Lalasnake like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I can't stand Tarek's face, he's like Jerry Seinfeld with none of the personality (but an added faux hawk)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ Yep, was just reading that they are "seeing other people" hmmm. My guess is this other person "in the design business" was why Tarek flipped out (no pun intended) in the gun incident, I mean that would be a bit of an overreaction to a disagreement over granite vs. marble, no? More like a jealous rage over another guy, even though they're denying it of course.

This is what I think. He either found out she wanted to leave him or was already seeing someone else on the side. To run off in the woods with a gun with a call that he was suicidal seems a bit much for a random argument.

I also like the show, but my husband can't stand her or her voice. I would continue to watch even if not married. I suspect many will.
    "Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information