Page 6 of 156 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree2665Likes

Thread: Her contract is finally up!! Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

If it was filed anonymously, how come the whole world knows about it?

TMZ is indicating this will be nasty - like something happened for her to do this out of left field and Tom to be "blindsided".
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

*secures a good seat*

Hi, everybody!

In the great words of Jay-Z, it's about to go DOWN! Katie is running for the hills.

As for the next Mrs. Cruise--maybe Julianne Hough dumps Ryan Seacrest for Tommy?
    Bellatheball, lucy80 and Callalily like this.

Dammit i still have a shit-ton of work to do before my long weekend can start! THIS IS NOT HELPING
    JamieElizabeth and nancydrew like this.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

fgg

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes split after five years of marriage: 'Tom is deeply saddened,' says actor's rep

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are divorcing after five years of marriage, reports People magazine. According to the actress’ attorney Jonathan Wolfe, “This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family. Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."

Soon after Holmes' announcement, Cruise released his own statement on the split. "Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children," his rep tells People. "Please allow them their privacy to work this out."

The Hollywood couple wed in a lavish ceremony in Italy in November 2006 with their daughter Suri, then just a baby, by their side. It was the first marriage for Holmes and the third for Cruise, who was previously wed to Nicole Kidman and Mimi Rogers.

According to TMZ, the couple has a prenup. Together, they are worth a reported $275 million, with Cruise earning the bulk of that.

Cruise, who turns 50 on Monday, and Holmes, 33, have not been seen together in public since February when they attended an Oscars party together. The actress did not accompany her husband on the red carpet for any of his “Rock of Ages” premieres and was noticeably absent when he received the Friars Foundation's Entertainment Icon Award on June 12 – a big deal considering he is only one of four people to ever get the honor. Her excuse? Holmes had to appear at an ice skating event in China. Instead, Cruise brought along 6-year-old daughter Suri as his date, as well as his 17-year-old son Connor (whom he adopted with previous wife Nicole Kidman). "[Katie's] in China working," he said during his speech. "The women are all working. So Suri is my date this evening. Suri, thank you. My son Connor is [also] here. You guys really inspire me."

Holmes, who has been in New York City with Suri while Cruise has been filming in Iceland, hasn't exactly been acting like a woman upset over the ending of her marriage. In recent weeks, the former “Dawson’s Creek” star has looked happier than she has in a long time, smiling for the cameras, walking around Manhattan, and hanging out with pals – which ironically is exactly how she was living her life before Cruise mysteriously swept her off her feet in April 2005, just weeks after she split from fiancé Chris Klein.

On May 23 of that year, Cruise made quite a spectacle of his new love when he infamously jumped on the couch on “The Oprah Winfrey Show” and pumped his fists for joy, as he gushed to the talk show host. “What has happened to you?” joked Winfrey. “This is how I feel about it,” replied an elated Cruise. “I’m in love!” Less than a month later, he proposed to Holmes, then just 26, atop of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. And if it wasn’t whirlwind enough, in October of that year, the two announced they were expecting their first child together. Daughter Suri was born in May 2006. Although Cruise and Holmes often said they couldn’t wait to have more children, they never did.

i love that katie's statement calls her "katie" while tom is still trying to push the "kate" angle. let it go, it never caught on!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

"Deeply saddened." Is that code for "Katie's got me over a barrel, and I've got to accept it?"

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    First day of my vacation ... such perfect timing. I caught the whole darn thing!
    I'm lying in bed- ill and bored.

This is like manna from heaven for me.

Bronze Member

he has his new girlfriend already lined up lol

Ooooh whodatbitch
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ Who is that?

Elite Member

This is good stuff!

It has been 7 years this summer since the couch jumping incident. And then there was the ever-changing-baby-bump saga. I do believe the divorce could top both of those stories.

fgg

Robo unshackled

This is why we live in fear on Fridays. Because these motherf-ckers always wait until the very last minute before the weekend before giving us extra work. I’m in the news studio right now. We’re reshuffling etalk around. And the local newsroom just exploded too. This must be the gossip dread I’ve been feeling for a while now. We were waiting for a bomb. And what a bomb it is: Xenu’s mega bomb just pushed Johnny Depp off the front page of everything.

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise are divorcing. They’ve been married 5 years. Her attorney has released a statement to PEOPLE:

"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family. Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."

HER attorney. Oh but this is interesting, non?

Also interesting, she’s now back with the same publicist she was with before hooking up with Tom Cruise.

Get as much as you can out of him if he wants you to sign that confidentiality agreement. Because there WILL be a confidentiality agreement. In exchange for her freedom. And probably primary custody of Little Sci...? That might be where it gets ugly. Katie undeniably spends more time with the child than he does. But the Church will want to keep her too. Tom’s position now however is much weaker than it was when he and Nicole Kidman split up. Back then he hadn’t jumped O’s couch. Back then he was still Mr Hollywood #1. These days his professional stature isn’t nearly as solid. Katie has a lot more leverage than Tom does then. And it makes a lot more sense now why she was over in China pimping for figure skaters a few weeks ago.

Katie’s career too has taken a hit since she hopped on the back of his motorcycle and let them erase her brain. That was definitely a consideration. She’d been getting more and frustrated watching other actors go beyond her, and more and more frustrated having to pass up opportunities that did not comply with her husband’s standards.

But how could he release her so quickly? And just before his 50th birthday?

The timing of it, just two weeks after Rock Of Ages underwhelmed would not have been ideal for him which means...

She forced her wait out. As evidenced by his statement:

"Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children. Please allow them their privacy to work this out."

TMZ is now reporting that Katie has filed for sole custody. We’re right out of the gate and already it’s looking acrimonious. So what prompted this? What do we know right now?

Just a few quick hits from phone calls I’ve made so far:

-Her public play will be to paint him as a workaholic, taking job after job and having no time for family. This certainly helps her on the custody side of the argument.
    -He was asking her to reconsider and wait another 6 months. She told him she’d think about it but, with support from her family, went for it anyway, and stopped taking his calls two days ago.
    -There’s a rumour going around that I can’t lock down that she wants new staff around her and doesn’t want to be spied on anymore.
    -Tom was papped on set in Iceland the other day but there’s some confusion now about where he is. No one can find him.

Will let you know more as I do.

Lainey's Entertainment Update - Celebrity Gossip | Article Detail
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Bronze Member

some old dirt from 4/14/06 about tomkat: they were right on the money about the 5 year mark and that they would have a baby:

the link's all weird but it was June 20 on Jossip.com): "· Quote:
    Tom Cruise's contract with Katie Holmes promises the young starlet five million dollars if she keeps up the routine for five years. Lucky for her, there's a clause to guarantee no unnecessary sex." and it linked to this from the NYDaily News:"So here's what I'm hearing about that relationship.

A source VERY close to the deal is saying there's a contract.

It's worth $5 million.

It's for five years.

There will be no sex.

The deal was sealed June 7.

That's what I'm hearing. "

Source: Oh No They Didn't! -

And another:

Quote:
    Anyway, here's one more from ConstantChatter,

"I've heard that same rumor for a while now.

The 5 year contract is pretty much believed by everyone here in town. Supposedly the agreement is 5 years, $5 million and no sex. Evidently it was offered to Kate Bosworth, Jessica Alba and one other girl (Scarlett Johansen, I think) before it was offered to Katie Holmes. It was well known that Penelope Cruz was also under contact when she was "with" Tom."

Last one:
    Quote:
    From Page Six:
    "June 17, 2005 -- WHICH top leading man interviewed three different starlets for the job of girlfriend/future wife before picking his new beloved? "Mark my words: They'll have a baby," said our source. "Maybe he or she will be conceived in a petri dish, but they'll procreate" ."

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Cruise, who turns 50 on Monday,
    That's a lot of work to get out of buying a birthday gift!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Ok, so this isn't really relevant but I just want to mention that I had a horrific nightmare last night about Suri Cruise. She was this sort of vampire demon spawn and was the leader of the species, sent to survey humanity. A group of us were trying to kill her but her child disguise made that difficult. One of her tricks would be to start crying hysterically and bleeding profusely, causing people to stop and try to help her, at which point she would kill them. There was also this creepy meadow that had a giant tree covered in purple fuzzy pods that contained the other Suri Cruise hatchlings.

I blame Gossip Rocks. That's what I get for looking at the Suri Cruise thread before bed.

Page 6 of 156 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information