Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Hell freezes over. Oh, and George Clooney is engaged.

mjw
    Elite Member

We always just kind of assumed that George Clooney would remain a bachelor forever, which made his engagement to the stunning Amal Alamuddin earlier this year all the more shocking.

Now the notoriously private actor has shown off his beautiful bride-to-be as they made their red carpet debut last night.

Looking the picture of a perfect couple, George and Amal turned heads as they attended elite charity event Celebrity Fight Night in Italy, which marks their first public appearance together.

Not only did they step out looking beautiful, the 53-year-old actor also confirmed that the two will be wed in Venice at some stage over the next two weeks.

We will be on high alert to see exactly when their big day takes place.

The news came as George took to the stage later on in the evening to accept an award, saying: "I met my lovely bride-to-be here in Italy, whom I will be marrying in a couple of weeks, in Venice of all places."

Speculation had been rife that the two will be getting married in September, with Amal being spotted at the Alexander McQueen headquarters, who were the masterminds behind Kate Middleton's wedding dress, and just last month the 36-year-old was reportedly spotted obtaining a wedding license at Kensington and Chelsea registry office.

We have to say that after the surprise of Brad Pitt's wedding last month, which was so top secret that even his BFF and Oceans 11 wingman George Clooney didn't know about it, it was nice of George to provide us with a two-week time frame.

We suppose that if we have to accept that the hunky actor isn't marrying us then we can't deny that he and Amal will make a beautiful husband and wife.

Congratulations to them both and we hope to see some wedding photos soon!

more pictures of them at the source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - George Clooney Confirms Italy Wedding To Amal Alamuddin In The Next Two Weeks

They won't marry in Venice. He's trying to throw the paps off. I'm sure it will be in Italy, just not Venice.

Bronze Member

Word on the Street in venice is that some part of the celebration will be here. He is constantly here.
    I'm meant to be charming not sincere

I think it will be at Venice Beach - classier that way:

I'm sincerely shocked he is getting married. I thought she was just the next in line. It seemed like she was almost a rebound from the Stacy Kiebler relationship. Oh well, good for them. I agree that he does seem to take himself seriously. I think that George Clooney is his own biggest fan.
    Jazzy likes this.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

mjw
    Elite Member

The countdown is on for George Clooney's Italian wedding to Amal Alamuddin!

And to add to the growing speculation about the upcoming event, local Italian media just released a slew of new details about the highly anticipated nuptials, including where the A-list guests are reportedly planning to stay and what the bride-to-be will wear when she walks down the aisle.

Corriere della Sera is claiming that the three-day celebration will conclude with a ceremony at Ca'Fersetti, a stunning 14th century estate on the Grand Canal, and that the two will be married by Walter Veltroni.

His close friendship with the Hollywood heavyweight dates back to 2007, when the two met during the World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates ceremony.

Veltroni is said to be "Obama's European counterpart" and is the former mayor of Rome.

Guests of Alamuddin and Clooney are reportedly set to stay at the nearby Hotel Aman, where suites can run up to $5,180 a night.

The rumor mill is in overdrive over which of Clooney's famous friends will be attending the wedding. Bono, Ellen Barkin, Sandra Bullock, Matt Damon, Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts' names have all surfaced as possible guests. However, E! News can report that Roberts will not be making an appearance.

And while E! News reported earlier that the future Mrs. Clooney was recently seen at the London Alexander Mcqueen shop, Corriere della Sera is jumping on board with previous reports that the British attorney will don Oscar de la Renta for her special day.

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Wedding Countdown: Get the Scoop on the Latest Reports! | E! Online

So, a proper Italian wedding then?

chartreuse and Laurent like this.

mjw
    Elite Member

Default George Clooney's BFF Rande Gerber Delivers a Plane Filled With Tequila Before Wedding

It's almost time!
    George Clooney's wedding to Amal Alamuddin is just around the corner and it looks like his best friend Rande Gerber is gearing up for the big day with one massive special delivery: a private plane filled with Casamigos Tequila!

Cindy Crawford's husband was spotted making sure that more than 50 cases of the alcohol—from the company he co-founded with Clooney—was safely headed towards the wedding destination before boarding the jet himself with a bottle in each hand.

There have been countless reports speculating details about Clooney and Alamuddin's upcoming nuptials—including rumors on who is performing and where the guests are going to be staying—but all signs point to the celebration taking place in Italy

Corriere della Sera previously reported that the three-day celebration will conclude with a ceremony at Ca'Fersetti, a stunning 14th-century estate on the Grand Canal, and that the two will be married by the Hollywood A-lister's close pal, Walter Veltroni.

The local newspaper also claims that Lana Del Rey will be performing at the wedding.

However, earlier today there were reports out that Andrea Bocelli was going to actually be the one to serenade the future Mr. and Mrs. Clooney after they exchange their vows.

But no matter what really goes down at the main event, we know it'll be a night to remember!

George Clooney's BFF Rande Gerber Delivers a Plane Filled With Tequila Before Wedding Celebration | E! Online

Gold Member

When you have 50 cases of tequila at your wedding, it's a night no one will remember. Which I suspect is what George wants.

Quote Originally Posted by chartreuse View Post
    It seemed like she was almost a rebound from the Stacy Kiebler relationship.. I think that George Clooney is his own biggest fan.

I don't think George needed to rebound.

He was the butt of the joke at the Emmys (or Globes) about his womanizing. He really wants an oscar and he has this high profile professional that goes along with it (Why Amal why??)
    It is going to be hard to convince me that this isn't a PR stunt. A private guy like him and suddenly we know as much as we did for the Kimye farce.
    stef and Brando like this.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

George Clooney & Amal Alamuddin Enjoy Dinner Before Big Wedding | Amal Alamuddin, Anna Wintour, George Clooney, Luciana Damon, Matt Damon, Rande Gerber : Just Jared

Fri, 26 September 2014 at 6:30 pm
    George Clooney & Amal Alamuddin Enjoy Dinner Before Big Wedding

George Clooney is dashing in a suit while enjoying an extravagant dinner at Hotel Cipriani on Friday (September 26) in Venice, Italy.

The 53-year-old actor was joined by his beautiful fiancee Amal Alamuddin, who was ravishing in a red dress.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Amal Alamuddin
    Matt Damon, his wife Luciana, Anna Wintour, and Cindy Crawford‘s husband Rande Gerber were also spotted at the same dinner with George and Amal.

It is reported that George and Amal are set to tie the knot this weekend. We can’t wait!

George Clooney & Amal Alamuddin Enjoy Dinner Before Big Wedding | Amal Alamuddin, Anna Wintour, George Clooney, Luciana Damon, Matt Damon, Rande Gerber : Just Jared

He's already got a couple of Oscars. What he wants is a serious political career and an anorexic trophy wife with a serious career (lawyer) happy to give it up to be professional arm candy is perfect for that.

I recently tried to watch a documentary on Netflix about the news coverage on the day JFK was shot. It would've been interesting but for George Clooney. I thought he was just going to narrate the thing when I saw his name, but no, he narrates and "hosts" i.e. stands around a period Sixties living room set staring adoringly at photos of Walter Cronkite and wanking over the olden days of media and lecturing us all about promise and the Camelot dream or blahblahblah. It was like a campaign ad. Whatever, he'll always be Booker.

He's got such a boner for mid-20th century media, when old white men ruled everything and movie stars could control and whitewash their image. You just KNOW that's what the whole obsession is about. Back then, Booker would've just been worshipped and there would be no pesky gay rumors and jokes about his tired ass self.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

yeah. I am a cynical, cunty , jealous. fatty beeyotch.
    I just do not believe this relationship is genuine.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Whatever, he'll always be Booker.

Lucky for her that she is very photogenic. I can't believe George's eyebrows are going grey so soon, it's going to age him in photos. Hilarious to see him so gooey. I wonder if Elizabeth Cannalis is pissed.

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information