Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Hell freezes over. Oh, and George Clooney is engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post
    These are not undereye bags. I think it's called muscular rolls... not that it's very important but since I have eyebags and hate them very much I wish I had hers
    Interesting to know, I have those, HATE them and they are the first thing I see on my pictures and on other people (angelina Jolie).

You can have mine!
    Last edited by kasippu; May 1st, 2014 at 03:13 AM.
    funky_chicken likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Angie looks like glass.
    Fixed it for you.
    funky_chicken likes this.

fgg

angie's ring is hideous but i like amal's.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Gold Member

I think my earlier post was lost? No matter, not I portent, I just thought something that George did that had class and style was worthy of comment. A lovely woman, with brains rather than a step up from a bimbo is not George's usual type. I bet Lainet's choking.
    Bombshell likes this.

mjw
    Elite Member

Actor George Clooney has accused the Daily Mail of concocting a false and irresponsible story about his fiancée, the human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin.

He issued a strongly-worded statement to the popular American national newspaper, USA Today, following the publication of a Mail article which claimed that Alamuddin's mother, Baria, opposed their forthcoming marriage on religious grounds.

It cited unnamed family members as its source. Clooney wrote:

"I want to speak to the irresponsibility of Monday's Daily Mail report. I seldom respond to tabloids, unless it involves someone else and their safety or well being.

The Daily Mail has printed a completely fabricated story about my fiancée's mother opposing our marriage for religious reasons.

It says Amal's mother has been telling 'half of Beirut' that she's against the wedding. It says they joke about traditions in the Druze religion that end up with the death of the bride. Let me repeat that: the death of the bride."

In his statement he dismantled the key details of the Mail's story:

"None of the story is factually true. Amal's mother is not Druze. She has not been to Beirut since Amal and I have been dating, and she is in no way against the marriage."

But that, in his view, was not "the issue." After claiming that he is used to the Mail "making up stories" about him, he argued that "this lie involves larger issues." He wrote:

"The irresponsibility, in this day and age, to exploit religious differences where none exist, is at the very least negligent and more appropriately dangerous.

We have family members all over the world, and the idea that someone would inflame any part of that world for the sole reason of selling papers should be criminal."

Clooney, 53, whose father was a TV journalist and broadcaster, continued: "I'm the son of a newsman; I accept the idea that freedom of speech can be an inconvenience to my private life from time to time."

But he was concerned by the fact that the Mail's false story had been picked up by hundreds of other outlets, such as Boston.com, New York Daily News, Gulf News and Emirates 24/7.

He concluded his statement by writing:
    "The Daily Mail, more than any other organisation that calls itself news, has proved time and time again that facts make no difference in the arti
    cles they make up.

"And when they put my family and my friends in harm's way, they cross far beyond just a laughable tabloid and into the arena of inciting violence. They must be so very proud."

He cited three "idiotic" and false stories that the Mail has fabricated about him and Alamuddin: she was pregnant, their marriage will take place on the set of Downton Abbey and he is running for political office. These are, he claims, stories "they sit at their computers and invent."

The latest Mail Online version of the story is different from the one published in the newspaper on Monday. It was amended six hours after it was originally posted on the website.

But it still states that Alamuddin's mother, Baria, "is not so impressed" with Clooney and "wanted her to marry within their strict Lebanese religious sect, according to close family friends."

USA Today reports that the Mail "did not respond to requests for comment."

Source

Read more at ONTD: Oh No They Didn't! - George Clooney attacks Daily Mail over 'irresponsible' story on his fiancée

The Daily Mail has responded and said they got the story from a trusted freelance journalist. And they apologized to George, Amal and her mother.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

he takes himself way too seriously.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ Sometimes he does, yeah, but with the way that religious differences seem to be behind so many inflammatory situations these days I can understand how he'd want to squash a story that was laying them at his future MIL's feet.
    sluce and lindsaywhit like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

mjw
    Elite Member

They're officially getting hitched! George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin attained their marriage license in London at Chelsea Town Hall, a source confirms to Us Weekly.

On the license, which was first posted by Dlisted.com, Clooney's name reads as George Timothy Clooney while his lawyer love is listed as Amal Ramzi Alamuddin.

In London, the marriage licenses are apparently announced on a piece of paper behind a glass cover outside the town hall for all to see.

The couple, who got engaged in April, are set to have a fall wedding, sources previously told Us.

"This is the healthiest relationship I've ever seen George in," an insider told Us at the time of their engagement. "He seems incredibly happy, and Amal is such a sweet and intelligent girl, who has her own thoughts and ideas and doesn't just bow down to everything he says."

Read more: George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Get Marriage License in London - Us Weekly
    Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Elite Member

I still say he's gay, but grew tired of what the low rent beards were doing to his image.
    mopar, redcat and kasippu like this.

He's seen how successful Simon Cowell has been in quashing those unfounded rumours.
    mopar likes this.

fgg

Are George Clooney & Amal rushing the wedding because she’s knocked up?

A few days ago, George Clooney and his super-busy (very, very busy-do-not-ask-questions) fiancée Amal Alamuddin were photographed having dinner in Como, Italy. Because seriously, Amal has pretty much spent the whole summer in Como (super-busy!). I wish we had the photos but we don’t – you can see them here. She had her arm around him. They kissed and nuzzled. What else happened?

The wedding countdown is on for lovebirds George Clooney and fiancée Amal Alamuddin, and what better way to celebrate their upcoming nuptials than to sample some tasty eats?

The 53-year-old Oscar winner and 36-year-old human rights lawyer packed on the PDA at a recent dinner with friends in Lake Como, Italy, at a restaurant at a luxury hotel. A source told E! News that this may have been the pair’s wedding menu tasting dinner.

“He’s been there two or three times already in recent weeks, checking out the grounds and walking around,” the source added about Clooney.

At their dinner, the two and their friends sat at a round table adorned with a white tablecloth, candles and white and red flowers. They shared a kiss, while Alamuddin also gave Clooney a neck massage and cozied up to him lovingly, another source told E! News. The two were later spotted taking a stroll by themselves.

The pair got engaged in April and in June, they were spotted touring possible wedding venues in the Lake Como area, where Clooney maintains a home. The source told E! News that Clooney and Alamuddin are likely to tie the knot in mid-September. They have already obtained a marriage license, in London, where the actor’s fiancée lives and works.

[From E! News]

Food details or GTFO. As for the wedding, some say late September, some say mid-September, but I keep saying it’s probably going to be late August/early September. Clooney might even try to jack attention away from the VMAs and Emmys.

As for the speed with which this wedding has come together… some people are saying it’s because Amal is already pregnant. She was photographed in a maxi dress in Como, and TMZ thinks she looks knocked up on the photo – go here to see. That’s part of The George Clooney-Girlfriend Experience, you know. They always get pregnancy rumors. Some of the rumors were even started by the girlfriends. Personally, I think Amal is just standing at a weird angle and the “bump” is her optical-illusion hip. Of course, I also think George had a vasectomy years ago, so lord knows.

Cele|bitchy | Are George Clooney & Amal rushing the wedding because she’s knocked up?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Do people still get married because of a pregnancy?

Did she quit her job? Because she's been in Como since June.

She's self employed and at her level, courts are not in session.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information