Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Hell freezes over. Oh, and George Clooney is engaged.

"The two kept a low profile until after Valentine's Day, when Alamuddin joined Clooney for a special White House screening on Feb. 18 of his film The Monuments Men. The couple held hands at the event with President Barack Obama. After, the duo joined Clooney's costars Matt Damon and Bill Murray at Willard Hotel's Round Robin & Scotch Bar, where, an onlooker told PEOPLE, they were stuck like glue.

Then it was vacation time again: In March, they first spent some beach time in the Seychelles, then jetted to Tanzania for a short but sweet four-day safari. Clooney was photographed with his arm around Alamuddin – finally confirming the two were a romantic item.

Days later, the couple landed in N.Y.C., where they stayed at Manhattan's Carlyle Hotel and dined at French restaurant Rotisserie Georgette with Gerber and another of Clooney's Casamigos business partners, real estate developer Mike Meldman.

On March 27 they turned up on the West Coast at another dinner table with friends. This time, they feasted on Japanese with Clooney's friends John Krasinski and wife Emily Blunt at Kazu Sushi in Studio City, Calif.

Almost a month later, they were ready to show off their big news. On Wednesday they were spotted at L.A. restaurant Craig's with friends, with Alamuddin wearing a huge ring, and the following night they met up with Gerber and Crawford at Nobu in Malibu."

Do all attorneys get this kind of time off? Sounds like she's now spending all her time following him around and hanging out with his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    She is prettier, younger, smarter version of Angelina. I think he's just trying to one up Brad. Once that gets old, he'll dump her.
    Angelina is only 38, right? This woman is 36. I don't think GK's choice has anything to do with one-upping anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Blech, not impressed at all.

Kinda annoyed how everyone's like, "ooooh, she's sooo smart!" Like it's rare for a woman to have brains. Meh.
    It's rare for one of George's women to have anything other than a bikini.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty View Post

Do all attorneys get this kind of time off? Sounds like she's now spending all her time following him around and hanging out with his friends.
    She's a self employed barrister so can work when she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    and i'm willing to bet money she's from a privileged family background too.
    effie2 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post

if she's self-employed, why did her firm put out a congrats press release? *confused*
    sluce likes this.

She works in a barristers' chambers where they are all self employed. It's like a collective with admin staff as well.

czb

^^^ ah, that makes sense. thanks.

she comes from a well off ,well connected,intellectual family.London based friend at shipping industry knows them and like them.

mjw
    Elite Member

If you've got it, flaunt it.

At a private dinner on April 27, George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin showed off their newly engaged bliss – along with the bride-to-be's new ring.

In an exclusive photo in this week's PEOPLE, the couple joined close friends Cindy Crawford and her husband, Rande Gerber, in Santa Barbara, Calif., just five days after Clooney proposed to the stunning London lawyer, to celebrate Gerber's 52nd birthday as well as their own happy news.

In another exclusive photo, Alamuddin has her hand resting lovingly on the back of her fiancé's neck – providing a close-up look at her ring, which Clooney helped design. It features an ethically mined emerald-cut diamond estimated at 7-plus carats and two tapered baguettes set in platinum.

In PEOPLE's cover story, sources reveal more details of the surprise engagement. On April 22, Clooney proposed the traditional way – on bended knee.

The actor had visited Dubai in March to meet his Lebanese-born, Oxford-educated leading lady's family, spending time on a yacht excursion with her siblings, says a relative of Alamuddin's.

"They found George very easy to get along with, cool," the family member tells PEOPLE. "They felt at ease with him immediately."

Amal Alamuddin's Engagement Ring from George Clooney – See Exclusive Photos! - Couples, Engagements, Amal Alamuddin, George Clooney : People.com

i hope it's just the light that's making that diamond look yellow. i hate yellow diamonds.

she looks like the love child of maria callas and anne hathaway.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

With a Bit of Irene Papas like Mo said.Could be the light because i dont see platinum either,just gold.

fgg

it's big but it is still classy.
    rollo likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^^^
    i agree. unless it turns out to be a yellow diamond.

i hate yellow diamonds and i think they bring very bad luck,same as opals.I love pink ones though..

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Opals and yellow diamonds aren't something I'll ever have to worry about owning so I'm not fussed about them one way or another. Pearls however... I'll never wear pearls, real or fake. It's something I picked up from Ma Kitty who always refused to even have them in the house. She calls them 'tears of the sea'.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information