Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Hell freezes over. Oh, and George Clooney is engaged.

It always looks like they're putting on a show for the cameras.
    BelledeJour and Clubber Lang like this.

God, with that excessive weightloss, I doubt that she even has her period right now, let alone would get pregnant. Maybe they will use a surrogate, if she continues to starve herself.

She got new boobs..now for the nose..
    Bellatheball likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catty View Post
    It always looks like they're putting on a show for the cameras.
    Yeah, there's no way they didn't know the paps were there. Probably because they called them.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Yeah, there's no way they didn't know the paps were there. Probably because they called them.
    Someone sure did! He totally spotted them, look at him staring right at the camera.

Staged.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    God, with that excessive weightloss, I doubt that she even has her period right now, let alone would get pregnant. Maybe they will use a surrogate, if she continues to starve herself.

I thought he'd had a vasectomy?

Elite Member

Amal Clooney is in a 'really dangerous' situation in the Maldives, source says.

Amal Clooney is in a 'really dangerous' situation in the Maldives, source says

Wonderwall
    Mark Gray 4 days ago

Be careful out there! Amal Clooney is literally putting herself in harm's way this week as she visits the Maldives for her work.

"Amal is in a pretty rough spot right now in the Maldives," a source told People magazine.

George Clooney's wife, a human rights attorney, is in the South Asian country to meet with Mohamed Nasheed, the country's former president who is currently imprisoned for "terrorism." Amal has called his imprisonment "arbitrary and in violation of international law." She is working pro bono to defend the country's first democratically-elected president.

"President Nasheed is a really good, forward-thinking man, in a really dangerous situation, and Amal being there is really tricky and really dangerous," the source close to George's wife said.

The situation is potentially deadly, actually. Just last week, Amal's co-counsel was stabbed in the head by masked men outside of his hotel. He remains in critical condition

Following the unmitigated attack, Amnesty International issued a warning about visiting the country. "Maldives authorities must ensure that human rights defenders can work free from fear of reprisals. Political tensions in Maldives are running high, and there is a climate of fear spreading among opposition supporters and human rights defenders, as the human rights situation has deteriorated over the past two years."

For Amal, she knows that danger comes with the job, and she's willing to accept that for her causes.

"She's in a place she knew was dangerous going in, but this is her [work]," the source says. "She's doing such an amazing job and taking such big risks and doing it all for no money. These are cases that aren't easily won."

People's source continued, "She's always been this way. She did a little bit of corporate law early on in New York and realized it was boring and she wanted to be a human rights attorney. It's what drives her. It's not about fame or money or any of that for her."

In fact, Clooney's rep recently confirmed that Amal turned down a multi-million dollar offer to basically be a stylish socialite.

"She was very flattered but it's just not what she's interested in doing," the rep said. "She's been offered huge amounts of money to not do this job and to just be famous and pretty and stylish. But she doesn't even blink. She says, 'That's not who I am and that's not what I do.'"

*Pics of Amal in the Maldives can be found in Dowcats thread.. Amal Clooney in a red dress

^ This sounds like a puff piece. She can have bodyguards.
    idunno likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

More attention seeking.
    idunno likes this.

She's really in danger y'all. Can't you hear the danger? And she does it all for fuuuuhhhhrrrreeeeeeee! I'm just kidding. If even half of this is true, it is admirable. May she be safe and come home and home some little Clooneys - STAT!!

I am curious as to why she's doing it pro bono. NOT judging, just wondering.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I really admire her for doing this. Not many people knew about Mohamed Nasheed, for sure she did arise awareness. And these people are dangerous, so I can believe she needed bodyguards. This is a country where a democratic elected president was thrown in jail and all witnesses on his behalf were dismissed before the case even got to court.
    Nasheed is also a very dedicated
    environmental activist. I hope she gets him released.

Then she went to Sri Lanka, a tropical island where it is super hot and humid in a tweed suit?!?!?

+13

Smart: The human rights lawyer was dressed in a pink tweed jacket and skirt for her meetings, held at a city hotel

Read more: Amal Clooney moves fight for Mohamed Nasheed's freedom to Sri Lanka | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

^Well, she is so thin so she is probably freezing all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    ^Well, she is so thin so she is probably freezing all the time.
    Oh, no - that means more danger!!!

Cold ,black hearted assholes the lot of you!
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Thread Information