Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Hell freezes over. Oh, and George Clooney is engaged.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    I was gonna say... Was he ever a real contender to run for any sort of office?

He doesn't have to be married to run for office anyway. Jerry Brown has been governor of California TWICE without being married. Jesse Ventura became governor of Minnesota after a previous career as a pro wrestler. Al Franken was a comedy writer before becoming a senator, Ronald Reagan was an actor before becoming governor of California, Steve Largent was a football player and Mary Bono was a full-time mother before getting into politics. You don't need to be married or a political hack to get elected in this country.
    AgentOrange likes this.

George has no plans to run for office. He saw what happened to his father, and knows that he has too many ghosts. I do see him hoping for an Ambassadorship or something along those lines.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

What country are you hoping to move to, Sluce?
    czb, sluce, nana51 and 1 others like this.

Italy.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

From the National Enquirer
    George Clooney To Wife Amal: You’ve Ruined My Image

-A +A
    Published on: July 2, 2015
    by NATIONAL ENQUIRER STAFF
    Photography by: Getty

His latest movie, “Tomorrowland,” is a disaster, his political dreams are fading – and now GEORGE CLOONEY is blaming wife Amal!
    “George has had enough,” dished a source. “The Amal experiment has backfired badly, and he’s looking for a way out.”
    Before they wed last September, the glamorous former Amal Alamuddin, 37, had lots of experience rubbing shoulders with world leaders.
    That had George, 54, convinced his new bride could help turn him into a political heavyweight, according to insiders.
    “George thought that Amal would help him fulfill his dream of running for office and, maybe one day, becoming president,” revealed the insider.
    Instead, Amal’s morphed into a red-carpet darling, and George feels her connections have thrown cold water on his political ambitions.
    “It’s a nightmare for George,” said one source. “Suddenly, he isn’t getting calls from D.C. movers and shakers, and he believes Amal’s to blame.
    “Instead of being like Bill and Hillary Clinton, they’ve become a trashy celebrity couple like Kim and Kanye!”
    Even worse, according to friends, George feels that Amal’s also ruined his Hollywood A-list status!
    “He thinks she’s damaged his box office appeal,” one pal told The National ENQUIRER. “He actually believes she’s made him a laughingstock among his peers!”
    Things have gotten so embarrassing that some Hollywood insiders have quipped the couple should star in their own reality show, “Keeping Up with the Alamuddins.”
    Desperate to regain his star status, George will take his wife back to England when renovations at their new home outside London are completed in the next few weeks, according to insiders.
    “George is going to have a housewarming party, and carry Amal over the threshold,” added the pal. “Then he’s going to leave Amal on her own in that big old mansion, while he hightails it back to America to rebuild his image!”

George Clooney In The Doghouse

-A +A
    Published on: June 30, 2015
    by NATIONAL ENQUIRER STAFF
    Photography by: National ENQUIRER

Cancel your poker plans with GEORGE CLOONEY!
    His irritated bride, Amal, has put the kibosh on all-night gambling.
    An insider told All The Buzz the high-falutin’ lady lawyer has banned card games when she’s in L.A.!
    “Staying up playing cards, smoking and drinking until five or six in the morning isn’t Amal’s idea of fun,” said the pal. “When she’s traveled to see him, she doesn’t appreciate George ditching her for a game that takes him out of action for nearly two days!”
    Even worse, George stinks at poker – which is just fine with poker-loving pals Don Cheadle, Matt Damon and director Steven Soderbergh!
    “George is more there for the social side of the game than to win,” dished the insider. “He’s the first to admit he’s bad at poker, but he loves the game. He loves his wife more, though!”
    Poker nights are now off when Amal’s around, with George telling the gang that “a divorce costs more than losing another game of poker!”

George Clooney’s Wife Wants Her Parents To Live With Them!

-A +A
    Published on: July 6, 2015
    Photography by: Splash/INF

GEORGE CLOONEY’s life is getting completely Amal-gamated! His wife, Amal, 37, has told the notorious playboy her parents and sister – and her sister’s kid – are moving into his English estate!
    “When he married Amal nine months ago, he never realized he’d be expected to adopt the whole damn family,” a family friend told The National ENQUIRER.
    George is especially upset over living with his mother-in-law, Baria Alamuddin.
    “Amal’s mom drives him nuts,” admitted the source. “She’s pushy and high maintenance. It’s like George and the Dragon!”
    Following months of extensive renovations to their new $16 million home, George and Amal are expecting to move in within weeks.
    The nine-bedroom estate in the village of Sonning comes with a spacious guest house – which Amal finds perfect for her parents!

Amal is also welcoming younger sister Tala and her 12-year-old daughter, plus other members of her extended family.
    While he hasn’t been shy about avoiding kids, it’s the mother-in-law giving George a classic headache.
    The two clashed several times during the family’s New York visit last April, revealed the source.

“Baria blamed George for Amal’s weight loss, and grumbled that he needs to look after her daughter better,” the insider told The ENQUIRER. “A couple of times, George lost his cool, comparing Amal’s family to the Kardashians, saying Baria’s worse than Kris Jenner!”
    Brookie likes this.

Haha. I guess George thought he could go all Scott Disick on Amal.
    Brookie and arie_skop like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

The hot is gone. George looks like her Grandpa.

George And Amal Clooney Are A Real-Life Rom-Com, So Says Their Friend

July 23, 2015 / Posted by: Michael K

The good news is that George Clooney is taking a quick break from telling the world that he loves Amal Clooney more than Kanye loves Kanye, more than White Oprah loves an open bar, more than John Travolta’s prostate loves a good rubdown, etc… etc… The bad news is that George Clooney has handed the baton over to a supposed friend named Kathy Lette (more like, “Kathy Lette’s Not”) who laid it on so thick that you will need to put on a snorkel mask before reading or else you’ll drown in the verbal cheese vomit she spews out.

Kathy is peddling a book she wrote called “Courting Trouble” and says that one of her characters was inspired by Amal. File this under, “the shit you gotta do to sell a book,” because she shoves herself up Amal’s ass before shoving herself up George’s ass. Kathy basically turned herself into a double-sided dildo for Amal and George to do ass-to-ass with. Here’s what Kathy said about Amal and George to People (via Vanity Fair):

On how Amal is the greatest woman who ever lived:
    “She’s drop-dead gorgeous, your jaw hits the ground, but she’s also very charming, funny, self-deprecating. She’s as warm and down-to-earth as ever.”
    On how Amal is the greatest woman who ever lived, in case you didn’t get it the first time: ”She’s wonderful, she’s the most intelligent, beautiful, kind, compassionate girl . . . He’s so lucky to have her—I’d marry her!”
    On how George has really become domesticated: “[He] clears the table and stacks the dishwasher. Forget the Kama Sutra, that’s all you need to know, be domestic!”
    On how they make you roll your eyes more than a Reese Witherspoon rom-com does: “[It’s like] watching a rom-com in front of you. [They] are mad about each other.”
    On how their love is so magical: “They’re really in love. And it’s a total fairytale romance.”
    On how George asked her out once and she turned him down: “I met George years and years ago before he was famous and he asked me out for coffee one day and I said no!”
    On how she never forgave herself after finding out that she turned down a date with the adonis from ER: “I screamed, I cried, I lay in the fetal position and sobbed for two months.”

Lord. First, we had George Clooney on our backs, twisting our arms while telling us to say that he and Amal are the greatest couple in this universe and beyond. Now, we’ve got this Kathy lady putting our neck in a chokehold and giving us a noogie while trying to make us declare that George and Amal are perfection personified. Okay, okay! We’ll say it. We’ll say it! George and Amal are the sun, moon and stars. George and Amal are where true love goes to find itself. Foreigner has announced that they will no longer sing “I Want To Know What Love Is,” because they know what love is thanks to George and Amal. MERCY! MERCY!
    Here’s the Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes of 2015 (Fuck, that wasn’t a compliment, was it? Now George and Kathy are really going to turn it up.) leaving a restaurant near Lake Como, Italy last night.

Pics: Splash
    Tags: Amal Clooney, George Clooney, Gross, Why Are You Pulling My Dick?
    Dlisted | George And Amal Clooney Are A Real-Life Rom-Com, So Says Their Friend
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Elite Member

Amal Clooney 'ready for motherhood'

Amal Clooney 'ready for motherhood'

Bang Showbiz
    6 hrs ago

Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP Amal Clooney is reportedly ready to be a mother.

Amal Clooney is "more than ready" to be a mother.

The 37-year-old human rights lawyer is reportedly "proud" of herself for being the one her husband George Clooney has settled with.

A source told US' OK! magazine: "Amal is proud not only to be the women that caught George after all these years, but also the only one he's considered having kids with ... [She] is more than ready to be a mother."

Meanwhile, an insider previously claimed the couple "really want" to have children together as they feel it is the right time to start a family.

They said: "They decided that it would be the right time. Amal isn't taking on extra work at the moment and just continuing with the cases she has. This is something they really want."

Speaking of their $15 million home in Berkshire, England, which has undergone extensive renovations, the insider added: "The building plans include a nursery. They hope to have all the work done by Christmas."

And Amal must have convinced George now was the right time after he previously admitted having children wasn't "high on his list" of priorities.

He said: "I mean, I've thought about it, I suppose. But I haven't really - it hasn't been high on my list of ... I've been asked it a lot lately because I've gotten married and I'm doing a movie with kids in it ..."

*Yeah riiight .

Keep stammering, George.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

My read on it is that she is having his baby or giving him the boot. Her feeling of being proud to have snagged him will wear off, otherwise. He is no longer in complete control. Isn't love grand? It is about compromise, after all!

I agree. Go large or go home! He can't avoid being President AND not having kids.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

He looks old enough to be her father.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

The crazy thing is that George might actually have warmed to the idea of having kids. Sometimes it isn't not wanting kids, it's not wanting kids with the person you are with at that time.
    czb, BelledeJour, nana51 and 3 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

See how much they love each other?!

That's amore! George Clooney and his glamorous wife Amal share passionate embrace as they enjoy a romantic date night during Italian getaway

By MAILONLINE REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 00:35 GMT, 8 August 2015 | UPDATED: 08:18 GMT, 8 August 2015

View comments
    They have been playing host to some of their famous friends at their home in Italy.
    But George Clooney and his wife Amal ensured they shared some quality time as they enjoyed a romantic date night in Lake Como.
    The couple headed out to the luxury Villa D'Este hotel, close to his beloved villa in the idyllic area.

+16

That's amore! George Clooney and his wife Amal looked loved up as they enjoyed a romantic date night in Lake Como this week

Dressing up for the evening out, human rights lawyer Amal looked as sensational as ever in a long pink dress, which flowed to the ground in a sheer skirt.
    With her long black hair falling gracefully on one shoulder, the 37-year-old was all smiles as she left the hotel with her leading man.

The pair happily said goodbye to staff at the venue while holding hands.

They then waiting on the steps and enjoyed a romantic embrace as they waited for their car to be brought round by a valet.

+16

Romance: The couple - who wed last year - enjoyed an affectionate embrace as they stepped out of the luxury Villa D'Este hotel

+16

+16

Loving: George placed a protective hand on his human rights lawyer wife's back as they waited for their car from a valet

+16

Quality time: The pair enjoyed an evening of alone time after hosting friends at their lakeside villa nearby

+16

Head over heels: The pair appeared to enjoy an intimate chat as they moved in for the embrace

+16

One of the locals: George and his wife enjoyed a joke with staff as they left the hotel, a regular haunt for the Hollywood star during his stints in Italy

+16

+16

Charmer: The popular actor laughed and joked as he was shown out by management

+16

Hold my hand: George offered his hand to his wife as they prepared to head home after the evening out

+16

+16

Fashion fan: Amal looked sensational as ever in a floor length pink gown with a sheer skirt, while George opted for a classic tailored suit and open-necked shirt

+16

A-list diners: The couple were sure to have turned heads as they walked through the hotel's restaurant

George, 54, put a protective hand on his wife's back as they brought their faces close to each other's.

The Oscar winner looked just as well-heeled as his stunning wife, donning a tailored suit with an open necked shirt.
    He decided to leave his entourage at home for the evening and drove himself home from their date night in a small sporty number.

+16

Behind the wheel: George drove the couple to and from the restaurant, snubbing an entourage

+16

Sporty number: In fitting with the locals, George proved his humble at heart and sped off in a small vehicle, perfect for the area's windy roads

The pair have been busy looking after a series of pals who have joined them at George's villa on the lake while they take their summer holiday there.
    Earlier this week, Edward Norton and his family were the latest visitors to the estate.
    Edward, 45, and his film producer wife Shauna Robertson, along with their two-year-old son Atlas were greeted by the actor as they became the latest people to experience the Clooney holiday charm.
    However, the house being used as a retreat for the rich and famous may be coming to an end - it was recently reported that Clooney might sell his Lake Como estate at the end of the summer.
    Sources told Page Six George is thinking of accepting an offer of as much as $100 million for his lakeside, 18th-century Villa Oleandra, which he bought from the Heinz family in 2002, reportedly for around $10 million.

+16

Moving on? The couple are reportedly considering selling the 18th-century Villa Oleandra, which George bought in 2002, for as much as $100million

AgentOrange likes this.

Thread Information