Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Hell freezes over. Oh, and George Clooney is engaged.

^ OMG, is that period juice or an actual print?
    missbazilb likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Actual print! Bad design.
    Belt Up likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I was bored with these two following the first dating announcement. Nothing about this seems real.
    It seems more like a political move to attract the media.
    ikmccall likes this.

IMO this won't end well. She's a lawyer so he's gonna get creamed in the divorce. He prob already got creamed in the pre nup! Did he learn nothing from Tom Cruise's misfortune with Katie Holmes and her hi powered attorney father? She'll milk it for a few years, for prestige, then drop a couple of little Clooneys, and take Big George to the cleaners. Quite frankly I'm worried about the poor man.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    IMO this won't end well. She's a lawyer so he's gonna get creamed in the divorce. He prob already got creamed in the pre nup! Did he learn nothing from Tom Cruise's misfortune with Katie Holmes and her hi powered attorney father? She'll milk it for a few years, for prestige, then drop a couple of little Clooneys, and take Big George to the cleaners. Quite frankly I'm worried about the poor man.
    I don't think Katie's father could have gone up against the kind of sharks and intimidation that Cruise has at his beck and call unless she had some truly serious shit on him for leverage. I also don't think she made out as well as she could have, considering Tommygirl's supposed wealth. I think she was more interested in getting out and getting left alone than real asset stripping.

The Clooney's are a different kettle of fish. Neither is dumb and George certainly isn't naive as to the ways of Hollywood divorces so any future split has most likely already been accounted for in a watertight prenup.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Yes, I'm sure Clooney got killed on the prenup. I've heard his lawyers were Jacoby & Meyers its not like he can afford good ones......

As for Holmes, you can't seriously be comparing a lawyer from Ohio to the kind of legal guns Cruise has....
    czb, sluce, faithanne and 1 others like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I heard that her old man was some kind of legal big wig, in the Ohio area. Never hurts to have a lawyer in the family.

Plus Cruise was desperate to get hitched after Kidman, to quash the gay rumours (he's 'asexual' okay - like Oprah & Amy Sedaris). No one else would have him. According to Scarlett Johannsen in an old interview she'd been approached for the role of Ms Cruise by way of a bogus film audition. When she went to the hotel room where said audition was supposed to take place the temp was way up, and there were Scientology pamphlets all over the place, instead of the usual condoms and booze. Anyway Scarley went screaming from the room. Jessica Alba was also on the Cruise wish list. Holmes was no 4 or 5 apparently, and not his 1st choice. Desperation is just such a bad bargaining position.

Yeah, I think her dad is probably what we call a big fish in a small pond.....nowhere near the caliber available for hire in LA or NY, which is where Cruise would have hired his.
    Kittylady likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

As WCG has pointed out, daddy Holmes isn't in the same league as the lawyers Cruise pulls out when he needs someone intimidating into oblivion. Both he and $cientology are known for it and that good old boy Bert Fields is one of their favourites to sic on people. The "wife auditions" are also old news too. Didn't he try and gift Jessica Alba with a tiger or something equally bizarre?
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Elite Member

Katie Holmes' smart move was the surprise divorce. The fact that she removed herself and her daughter before the scibots could intimidate them, paired with the inside secrets she now holds, is enough for TC to leave her alone. Katie and her dad may not be legal heavyweights, but they had enough street smarts to get out in time

And I believe it was Jennifer Garner, whom TC tried to give a tiger. Apparantly she is/was involved in a cause to save the endagered bengal tiger, and so TC thought it was a romantic gesture to give her the very same animal, she was trying to save from extinction, in a cage with a bow on. That Tommyboy sure knows what a woman wants.
    Kittylady, dougie and Sunrider like this.

D'oh! Jennifer Garner, not Jessica Alba! Mr Tinypants has all the charm and finesse of a sledgehammer and Kool Aid did well to keep enough of her wits to plan her escape. At least with George you know you'll probably be treated very, very well for the duration and not subjected to auditing, purification rundowns, soul sucking and generalised midget madness.
    idunno likes this.

You can debate big fish/small pond all you want but I can't believe there are many lawyers that could have extricated someone from the Co$'s grip and get full custody. Whoever he is, he must be damn smart.
    dougie likes this.

We (or at least i was, cant speak for anyone else) were discussing financial settlements in regard to prenups, not Co$. She got exactly what her prenup/fake marriage contract said she would. No spousal support, no lump sum settlement, only child support. Considering what Cruise is worth its very little.

Of course i question the smarts (and sanity)of anyone that would allow their child to marry Cruise anyway, lawyer or not. Who in their right mind would want him near their child? Mama June maybe. Some people have no regard for their children.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; October 26th, 2014 at 10:03 PM.
    Kittylady likes this.

czb

^^^ to be fair, katie was an adult when she got involved with tom. how could her father have stopped her?
    Kittylady and Bellatheball like this.

A good ass kicking.

I know realistically she was an adult and they were powerless to stop her, short of having her kidnapped and deprogrammed. But still, eww.

Thread Information