Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Hell freezes over. Oh, and George Clooney is engaged.

I'd rather have the cheese tray.
    chartreuse likes this.

czb

not saying this would necessarily be the case in california, but in some states, if a politician did not have a undergraduate degree, it would probably not hinder their career at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    So Clooney has a chance?
    With Arnold maybe.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Clooney's dad is pretty liberal, I think - at least by the standards of the area they're from which is Augusta, KY - near Cincinnati. He was a pretty well liked newscaster for years.

Most locals respect Nick way more than George, no surprise there.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

PS - where the fuck is Sluce? I know she married George and all, but can't she take a minute to check in with us?
    tulip and dougie like this.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I guess that's kinda relevant to this thread, the comparison made me giggle even though I guess Clooney's just as much to blame for this famewhorefest :p

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Mrs Clooney under fire as 'the new Kim Kardashian' | Daily Mail Online

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Mrs Clooney under fire as ‘the new Kim Kardashian’

By SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE
    PUBLISHED: 23:34 GMT, 2 October 2014 | UPDATED: 11:58 GMT, 3 October 2014

103shares
    555View comments

+4

The founder of the website that propelled Amal Alamuddin to fame has hit out at her lavish wedding to George Clooney (together above) in Venice, Italy

The founder of the website that propelled Amal Alamuddin to fame - and, it is claimed, first brought her to George Clooney’s attention - has hit out at the couple’s ‘wildly expensive, carefully choreographed, predictably sentimental and satisfyingly public’ wedding.
    Just weeks before meeting Clooney at a charity fundraiser last September, Beirut-born lawyer Amal, 36, (right) famously topped the ‘Barrister Hottie’ list, compiled by the website Your Barrister Boyfriend.
    This accolade was even mentioned during the wedding speeches.
    Rather uncharitably, however, just days after the Clooney nuptials at the ritzy Aman Canal Grande hotel in Venice, the website co-founder, Natalia Naish, has written a searing critique of the extravagant celebrations, which received 40 pages of coverage in Hello! with the newlywed couple’s co-operation.
    ‘Seems quite rich, given George’s hatred of tabloids,’ Naish points out.
    ‘Amal has taken to her newfound fame like a duck to water, radiating “in love” while she struts her stuff in surprisingly short couture dresses.
    ‘As the details of their four-day wedding emerge - the caseloads of tequila, the never-ending parade of Amal’s designer dresses, the boatloads of grinning celebrities, and the $13million (£8 million) price tag - it all begins to seem slightly unseemly and in-your-face, especially for a couple who profess to be extremely private.’
    Perhaps most woundingly of all, Naish compares Amal unfavourably with reality TV star Kim Kardashian, who tied the knot in May with rapper Kanye West. The lavish ceremony took place in Italy amid a media circus.
    ‘The problem I have with the Clooney wedding was not the excessiveness per se, but the back-patting smugness that has accompanied the entire courtship and ceremony,’ says Naish.
    RELATED ARTICLES

‘Even though George and Amal careened around Venice in speedboats, posed up a storm for the paparazzi like modern-day royalty and sold their wedding photos to glossy magazines, they received none of the tut-tutting that was directed at Kim Kardashian.’
    The bride’s law school chum Jae Kim recalled in her wedding speech last weekend how Amal was picked as the ‘Hottest Barrister in London’.
    ‘I was concerned that this would not work in her favour, as most men found her intimidating already,’ Kim told guests. ‘We stayed up talking late into the night about relationships and whether she would ever meet her partner in life.’

Read more: SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Mrs Clooney under fire as 'the new Kim Kardashian' | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Scroll down for video

Just days after the Clooney nuptials at the ritzy Aman Canal Grande hotel in Venice, Italy, the website co-founder, Natalia Naish, has written a searing critique of the extravagant four-day 'in-your-face' celebrations

Read more: SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Mrs Clooney under fire as 'the new Kim Kardashian' | Daily Mail Online

ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

BY LINDA STASI

Stasi: Two fairy tale weddings, two different sides of Hollywood

One couple is the epitome of class and elegance, another is desperate for fame.
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Wednesday, October 1, 2014, 12:08 AM

INFIT-10/INFPHOTO.COMEnlargePASCAL LE SEGRETAIN/GETTY IMAGES

Can you spot the classier couple?

It’s crass vs. class in this tale of two weddings. Both took place in Italy, both involved brunette stunners marrying handsome, famous entertainers. Both were loaded with celebrity guests, many changes of clothes and more photographers (OK, paparazzi in this case) than you would find at actual important, world events.

The difference is that one wedding was a crass, ugly affair with prenup photos of the bride traipsing about Paris in an open jacket sans shirt with her boobs hanging out; the other bride quietly went about her prenup days in Como and Venice in clothes so chic, so beautifully tailored and dignified that if it were possible, Anna Wintour would have cried. All right, that’s an exaggeration, Anna Wintour only has one expression: dour, (aka, the many face of Anna Wintour), but still.

One bride posed with her entourage looking like escaped strippers from the Hustler Club, while the other’s looked like they had just taken a break from filming “Roman Holiday.”

One bride, (who had, as of Tuesday, 18,000 Tweets to her name), tweeted out every second of her life leading up to the wedding, while the other bride has zero tweets.

One bride married a man who tweeted, “I think Twitter was designed specifically with me in mind.”

The other bride married a man who abhors the shamelessness of it all, once telling Esquire in fact, “If you’re famous. ... Why on God’s green Earth would you be on Twitter?”

One groom most admires people like Bill Murray, who are mostly unavailable. The other groom most admires people who are so self-important that they not just tweet and Instagram their every thought and move, but prefer to do so while taking naked selfies.

One couple actually lives part-time in Italy, and goes about without fuss; the other lives in the U.S., but tries to arouse as much publicity and cause as much havoc as possible in both France and Italy. This, mind you, as Italy is still attempting to recover from the worst invasion since WWII the attack by “Jersey Shore” slobs in Florence. One bride shops and takes selfies for a living and is famous for being famous; the other is a human-rights lawyer.

True, defending human rights in complex cases of international law such as that of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, clerking for Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor and advising Kofi Annan can’t compare in importance to showing up at the Givenchy fashion show, baby in hand, dressed in your underwear; however, with any luck, Amal Alamuddin will learn to become as meaningless as that other bride.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1958917
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

WTF?!?!? Are her tits glued or taped to that jacket? What keeps her boobs from popping out when she moves or if the jacket shifts or blows to the sides as she moves?????

She doesn't really move even if you push her over.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    She doesn't really move even if you push her over.

(Wiping spewed coffee off my pad, but that comment was perfection.)

Thanks!

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

We'd need about six Amal's to make one Kim and three of those would be for the arse alone. I'm also not sure why wearing short couture dresses is seen as a negative either. She's tall and very slim and I don't recall anything in the rules that said a brainy woman with a serious career couldn't dress in something other than aggressive power suits and severe shoes.
    ZabriskiePoint and lulu09 like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

C'mon, Kitty ... she SHOULD have shown up at her wedding in a white pantsuit with big shoulder pads and her hair in a tight granny knot.
    Kittylady and MohandasKGanja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    you're gonna upset sluce when she returns. but then again, this whole thread might send her over the edge ....
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrat1229 View Post
    PS - where the fuck is Sluce? I know she married George and all, but can't she take a minute to check in with us?
    Thank you for your concern. I was busy enjoying my holiday and laughing at all the gossip and rumors.

Ryan Seacrest just announced that 3 children will be adopted so that George can become a father quickly. LOL
    czb and firebrat1229 like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

[QUOTE]George Clooney, South Sudan and How the World's Newest Nation Imploded

By Alex Perry / October 2, 2014 10:07 AM EDT
    [/QUOTE
    Et Voila. on the cover of Newsweek and some of the gossip mags in Italia compared their wedding with the Kennedy's.

Thread Information