Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Hell freezes over. Oh, and George Clooney is engaged.

Slucie will,just wait till she comes back...lol
    redcat likes this.

That would be perfect!
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    What sort of political career? One with the UN perhaps? I just don't think that having a British, Muslim wife who helped defend Julian Assange, is going to go over well in George's home state of Kentucky. She's also iffy on Israel if what I read in the Daily Mail is truth , so that won't go well with a lot of Hollywood donors. Maybe it's love or maybe she fits his idea of himself better than the seedy Vegas hostesses.
    I always liked the French school teacher girlfriend, she seemed pretty and sweet in interviews, I wonder what happened to her?
    I agree that he wouldn't do well running from Kentucky. But is that his current state of residence? I was thinking it was California. It also seems more likely he would start off by being appointed to something diplomatic.

I don't think the Amal would be a liability at all in terms of background/religion, etc. Basically, I'm thinking of Huma Abedin (who I think may be Pakistani muslim) and her career with Hilary Clinton and marriage to Anthony Weiner. The only liability to Weiner's campaign is Weiner himself.
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; October 1st, 2014 at 08:31 AM. Reason: spelling
    kasippu and lulu09 like this.

Thanks Kasippu, (I couldn't quote your post, some forum issues for me.) I wondered what happened to Celine! The article states that she has a couple kids and opened up a Montessori school in Paris recently. (I couldn't get the pics to post either.) She was my favorite Clooney girlfriend, probably because she was there during the E.R. days when he didn't seem so sleazy.

I could definitely see him in a diplomatic appointment. He's done a lot of work for the Democrats and they could give him an ambassadorship or something like that, which doesn't need any sort of election.
    His father ran for congress in Kentucky a couple years back and lost to whatever Republican was up against him and the elder Clooney was pretty conservative, certainly compared to the son. I guess George could run for congress in LA but I still think Amal's maybe-iffy stance on Israel could cause some issues but George could probably fund that campaign out of his own pockets and wouldn't need a lot of fundraising. Also Amal could just say she supports Israel's right to exist or whatever would appease those who doubt her politics and everything might be fine.
    Maybe she's the one that's going into politics? She certainly has the credentials, she's better educated than Clooney (I don't think he graduated from college.) She has name recognition now and would be able to take time off from her job since she doesn't have to worry about cash flow. We can see in those photos that she knows how to sell herself and would probably make a great candidate, maybe an MP?
    Last edited by Neptunia; October 1st, 2014 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Kept getting sent back to Go to Forums Page when I tried to post.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I agree that he wouldn't do well running from Kentucky. But is that his current state of residence? I was thinking it was California. It also seems more likely he would start off by being appointed to something diplomatic.

I don't think the Amal would be a liability at all in terms of background/religion, etc. Basically, I'm thinking of Huma Abedin (who I think may be Pakistani muslim) and her career with Hilary Clinton and marriage to Anthony Weiner. The only liability to Weiner's campaign is Weiner himself.

The difference I think with Amal and Huma and George and Weiner is that Huma's American, not British which would be an advantage in a US campaign and Anthony Weiner is Jewish himself and was very pro-Israel before he married Huma. Also Huma works for and is very close with, Hillary Clinton who is well known for being a big supporter of Israel. Most people in Hollywood who consider Israel to be a major issue for them in politics, supported Hillary in the last election until they couldn't anymore and then went with Obama.
    I don't know what Clooney's stance is on Israel but with a Muslim wife, even unfairly, it would have to be clarified since it's already been brought up in the Daily Mail and Fox News which is usually just a stepping stone from something like CNN picking it up because it was already reported somewhere else.
    If he just fell in love and wants an appointed job than Amal is wonderful but if he were really looking for a job in elected politics, senator perhaps, then he should have chosen a wife more strategically. Maybe I'm a romantic but I think he just fell in love, she seems pretty amazing, he's lucky there.
    Last edited by Neptunia; October 1st, 2014 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Keeps sending me back to Go to the Forums page.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    What sort of political career? One with the UN perhaps? I just don't think that having a British, Muslim wife who helped defend Julian Assange, is going to go over well in George's home state of Kentucky. She's also iffy on Israel if what I read in the Daily Mail is truth , so that won't go well with a lot of Hollywood donors.
    No, he couldn't aspire to a career with the UN. The UN will hire actors as goodwill ambassadors, like Jolie, but not for high-level posts or to head an agency. They either hire from within their ranks, or academics, or former cabinet-level officials and heads of state.

If Clooney were to start a political career in the US, my bet is either something in California, followed by a diplomatic position.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    This isn't Leann and Brandi. I don't think Amal is swf kate.
    Exactly. How random to put the two of them together head to head to make a nonsensical article.

Bronze Member

agree completely. it was a stupid article, comparing the two. but amal still looked like MJ in that one photo. to me, at least.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post

her face is a Anne Hathaway/ Micheal Jackson hybrid with the figure of Jolie.
    yep. i'll never get it out of my head now!

Elite Member

The US Senate has to approve all ambassadors. The Republicans are notorious for dragging their feet in approving a Democratic Presidential appointment. As of July 2014 more than 40 appointments are awaiting review/approval from the Senate.

He doesn't even have a college degree, he's not really qualified for political office or a diplomatic post.
    Bellatheball likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I hope you're happy with yourself! This man is crying now......

Hey, Tru at least, when he was in college studied something more substantial than 'broadcast journalism'....That must be what people take when they find Communications as a major too difficult.
    chartreuse and BelledeJour like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Well, now you've also riled up Ghana/Czechoslovakia/UN Ambassador Shirley "I can has Animal Crackers but no college degree" Temple Black!!!

If George can tap dance like she could I'll have no issue with it. Especially if he's posted somewhere like Ghana

Thread Information