Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Hell freezes over. Oh, and George Clooney is engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think she's very attractive (but then, I have a type). To me, the bigger question is why he started going for someone who has the IQ of his last four girlfriends combined. I think he is thinking about a future political career.
    What sort of political career? One with the UN perhaps? I just don't think that having a British, Muslim wife who helped defend Julian Assange, is going to go over well in George's home state of Kentucky. She's also iffy on Israel if what I read in the Daily Mail is truth , so that won't go well with a lot of Hollywood donors. Maybe it's love or maybe she fits his idea of himself better than the seedy Vegas hostesses.
    I always liked the French school teacher girlfriend, she seemed pretty and sweet in interviews, I wonder what happened to her?
    BrowFilla likes this.

She looks like death warmed over - way too thin.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    I always liked the French school teacher girlfriend, she seemed pretty and sweet in interviews, I wonder what happened to her?
    I thought she was a lawyer too, or a law student? Funnily enough, considering how normal she was, that was when I first suspected a beard. Too random.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Bronze Member

celine balitran, i think?

Bronze Member

In the last pic, Amal is seriously channeling Michael Jackson.

Sisters in fashion: But sorry Kate - Mrs Clooney adds a dash of magic that shows you're a tad too cautious Â* | Daily Mail Online

As thousands of fans and the world’s paparazzi lined the canals in Venice last weekend, there was clearly one star draw: Hollywood’s most famously fanciable film star, George Clooney, was marrying at long, long last.
    But as the pictures of the state-like, four-day ceremony flooded in, it became clear that all eyes were not, in fact, on the Oscar-winning silver fox. Instead, they were on his new wife, Amal Alamuddin, and her string of incredible outfits.
    In the space of one weekend, not only did Amal become Mrs Clooney, she also became an international fashion icon.
    Scroll down for video

+18

Kate looks like a summery milkmaid in a short-sleeved lace dress by Australian brand Zimmerman, on tour Down Under. Meanwhile Amal, in her first post-wedding appearance on Sunday, updates the style with a leg-flashing, long-sleeved, racy and lacy white Giambattista Valli haute couture dress, teamed with his golden Specchio slingbacks

In love, George and Amal after their wedding in Venice

Classic Kate is shipshape at the National Maritime Museum in a navy and white dress by British stalwart Jaeger. But in the same colours, Amal is simply stunning in a Stella McCartney trouser suit

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are officially married

Kate is sugar-almond sweet in a pink dress by Emilia Wickstead at a palace garden party. Amal in the same colour looks to have stepped straight out of a fashion shoot in her sassy Sixties-style frock

And, as one winning outfit after another appeared — from a fiery scarlet floor-length gown to a wonderful white lace creation — fashionistas were quick to compare her with the style queen whose crown she appears to have stolen: the Duchess of Cambridge.
    For while the two women are equally adept at smart, chic fashion, Amal, it seems, is outdoing Kate in every way.

More...

When Kate, 32, chooses a pretty, long-sleeved, white lace frock, Amal, 36, takes the same shape but adds bold boning and bright pink flowers.
    While Kate loves vibrant shades of pink and red, Amal takes exactly the same hues but swaps Kate’s straight, pencil-skirt fit for a flared shape or updates it with a more modern cut.

While the fiery red of Kate’s Beulah gown is striking, the billowing sleeves make it old fashioned — especially compared with Amal’s firecracker version at her wedding rehearsal dinner in Venice

Pre-marriage Kate is the innocent country lass in her floral dress and pink cardigan. Yet Amal manages to look powerful and flowerful in a colourful Oscar de la Renta dress and brave yellow pumps in Florence

Where Kate does safe, smart and sometimes staid, Amal lifts the look and applies a whirl of modern-meets-timeless.
    Perhaps Amal’s serious job, as a human rights lawyer at London’s distinguished Doughty Street Chambers, encourages her to be fun and frivolous when it comes to off-duty fashion.
    In court, she must wear the dowdy barrister’s uniform of black and white under heavy robes and itchy horsehair wig — meaning she can only show off her style credentials away from the workplace.

Kate is ladylike in a scarlet Catherine Walker coat and dress worn with her trusty nude platforms. Amal is smart but modern, too, in a Paule Ka suit, while striking floral slingbacks give a dash of surprise

No such escape awaits Kate, of course, as she is constrained by royal protocol at all times. She is also naturally conservative, as befits the future Queen, and always chooses safe, appropriate attire.
    So where Amal likes short skirts, Kate sticks to knee-length, and while Amal experiments with flares and jeans, Kate rarely wears trousers in her public life.
    Kate can sometimes look a little frumpy. At least, that is the effect when seen against Amal, with her impeccable knack of giving her wardrobe a clever twist.

Kate is safe and suitable in a sparkly, tweed suit by New Zealand designer Rebecca Taylor at an official reception. Amal wears a similar Paule Ka suit for work, but with a hipper, trendier cut, giving a flash of cleavage

In black velvet by Alexander McQueen, Kate is reminiscent of a pre-marriage Princess Diana. Her dress is eye-catching, until you see Amal’s similar, but racier, Dolce & Gabbana satin gown, with fabulous earrings

Amal has a youthful, devil-may-care approach: she is unafraid of ripped jeans, camouflage, jumpsuits, eccentric jewellery, floppy hats, short shorts and things that drape rather than cling.
    She also doesn’t mind exposing a bit of flesh. So Amal’s skirts are that bit shorter than Kate’s, and her shoes are that bit higher and glitzier than the Duchess’s sensible footwear choices.
    If anyone marvelled at one of our biggest and best-known movie stars marrying a ‘normal’ woman in Amal, her fashion parade has shown she has oodles of movie-star glamour herself and can more than handle herself on the world stage.

The duchess is neat, chic and safe in a feminine Lela Rose peplum dress and black Jimmy Choo shoes. Amal wears white, too — but is more edgy in her less-fitted dress worn with statement necklace and platform sandals

She combines the clean, sharp lines (and big shades) of Jackie Onassis, the beauty of Sophia Loren, and the boldness of Michelle Obama with an unrestrained taste for designer fashion.
    And if more proof were needed, there’s already an ‘Amal effect’: the Dolce & Gabbana monochrome dress she wore for her arrival in Venice sold out immediately, and blogs have sprung up across the internet dedicated to her wardrobe.
    So while it was once impossible to conceive that anyone could out-chic Kate Middleton — just as it was unimaginable Clooney would ever remarry — Amal has achieved both in one amazing weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think she's very attractive (but then, I have a type).
    If I were blindfolded ten times and stuck in a cave I'd be able to know you're type in a lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I think she is very attractive and bright and educated and she could do fine for herself,but she clearly wanted the high profile life,the glamour and notoriety that goes with a hollywood marriage.George is much older,but he has done well for himself too.
    And let us not underestimate what the goal is...yes,that big white house..No fellow lawyer or businessman could give her that.No pictures,no media,no movie stars...
    As in the United States White House? And yeah, where is the dirt on her prior relationships? That's essential stuff for us.

The boats made them look like grand marshalls on a float in a parade. I have never liked one single outfit she's worn, anywhere. I don't think her clothes fit! I've never liked prints especially on shoes unless there jeweled, what the hell was that red flower mu-mu? The hair got a little pageanty, but she does have great hair (but it's getting a little dyed black looking).

Have they called anyone here to say where they'll be living? Will they put down roots by the time the child goes into first grade or did they secure a spot at the Alliance Francaise International?

And please don't publicly hyphenate his last name should that be something she wants to do. Do as Joanne Woodward did privately - Joanne W. Newman.
    Last edited by Chalet; September 30th, 2014 at 09:03 PM.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

her face is a Anne Hathaway/ Micheal Jackson hybrid with the figure of Jolie.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post

Damn, that's a pretty accurate description...at least in that pic.

I think she's pretty, but now that you said that it's all i'll think of.
    Belt Up likes this.

George looks like he might have gotten some botox for the occasion? He looks especially smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post

And a little Rose McG
    KrisNine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lulu09 View Post

Sisters in fashion: But sorry Kate - Mrs Clooney adds a dash of magic that shows you're a tad too cautious Â* | Daily Mail Online

As thousands of fans and the world’s paparazzi lined the canals in Venice last weekend, there was clearly one star draw: Hollywood’s most famously fanciable film star, George Clooney, was marrying at long, long last.
    But as the pictures of the state-like, four-day ceremony flooded in, it became clear that all eyes were not, in fact, on the Oscar-winning silver fox. Instead, they were on his new wife, Amal Alamuddin, and her string of incredible outfits.
    In the space of one weekend, not only did Amal become Mrs Clooney, she also became an international fashion icon.
    Scroll down for video

+18

Kate looks like a summery milkmaid in a short-sleeved lace dress by Australian brand Zimmerman, on tour Down Under. Meanwhile Amal, in her first post-wedding appearance on Sunday, updates the style with a leg-flashing, long-sleeved, racy and lacy white Giambattista Valli haute couture dress, teamed with his golden Specchio slingbacks

In love, George and Amal after their wedding in Venice

Classic Kate is shipshape at the National Maritime Museum in a navy and white dress by British stalwart Jaeger. But in the same colours, Amal is simply stunning in a Stella McCartney trouser suit

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are officially married

Kate is sugar-almond sweet in a pink dress by Emilia Wickstead at a palace garden party. Amal in the same colour looks to have stepped straight out of a fashion shoot in her sassy Sixties-style frock

And, as one winning outfit after another appeared — from a fiery scarlet floor-length gown to a wonderful white lace creation — fashionistas were quick to compare her with the style queen whose crown she appears to have stolen: the Duchess of Cambridge.
    For while the two women are equally adept at smart, chic fashion, Amal, it seems, is outdoing Kate in every way.

More...

When Kate, 32, chooses a pretty, long-sleeved, white lace frock, Amal, 36, takes the same shape but adds bold boning and bright pink flowers.
    While Kate loves vibrant shades of pink and red, Amal takes exactly the same hues but swaps Kate’s straight, pencil-skirt fit for a flared shape or updates it with a more modern cut.

While the fiery red of Kate’s Beulah gown is striking, the billowing sleeves make it old fashioned — especially compared with Amal’s firecracker version at her wedding rehearsal dinner in Venice

Pre-marriage Kate is the innocent country lass in her floral dress and pink cardigan. Yet Amal manages to look powerful and flowerful in a colourful Oscar de la Renta dress and brave yellow pumps in Florence

Where Kate does safe, smart and sometimes staid, Amal lifts the look and applies a whirl of modern-meets-timeless.
    Perhaps Amal’s serious job, as a human rights lawyer at London’s distinguished Doughty Street Chambers, encourages her to be fun and frivolous when it comes to off-duty fashion.
    In court, she must wear the dowdy barrister’s uniform of black and white under heavy robes and itchy horsehair wig — meaning she can only show off her style credentials away from the workplace.

Kate is ladylike in a scarlet Catherine Walker coat and dress worn with her trusty nude platforms. Amal is smart but modern, too, in a Paule Ka suit, while striking floral slingbacks give a dash of surprise

No such escape awaits Kate, of course, as she is constrained by royal protocol at all times. She is also naturally conservative, as befits the future Queen, and always chooses safe, appropriate attire.
    So where Amal likes short skirts, Kate sticks to knee-length, and while Amal experiments with flares and jeans, Kate rarely wears trousers in her public life.
    Kate can sometimes look a little frumpy. At least, that is the effect when seen against Amal, with her impeccable knack of giving her wardrobe a clever twist.

Kate is safe and suitable in a sparkly, tweed suit by New Zealand designer Rebecca Taylor at an official reception. Amal wears a similar Paule Ka suit for work, but with a hipper, trendier cut, giving a flash of cleavage

In black velvet by Alexander McQueen, Kate is reminiscent of a pre-marriage Princess Diana. Her dress is eye-catching, until you see Amal’s similar, but racier, Dolce & Gabbana satin gown, with fabulous earrings

Amal has a youthful, devil-may-care approach: she is unafraid of ripped jeans, camouflage, jumpsuits, eccentric jewellery, floppy hats, short shorts and things that drape rather than cling.
    She also doesn’t mind exposing a bit of flesh. So Amal’s skirts are that bit shorter than Kate’s, and her shoes are that bit higher and glitzier than the Duchess’s sensible footwear choices.
    If anyone marvelled at one of our biggest and best-known movie stars marrying a ‘normal’ woman in Amal, her fashion parade has shown she has oodles of movie-star glamour herself and can more than handle herself on the world stage.

The duchess is neat, chic and safe in a feminine Lela Rose peplum dress and black Jimmy Choo shoes. Amal wears white, too — but is more edgy in her less-fitted dress worn with statement necklace and platform sandals

She combines the clean, sharp lines (and big shades) of Jackie Onassis, the beauty of Sophia Loren, and the boldness of Michelle Obama with an unrestrained taste for designer fashion.
    And if more proof were needed, there’s already an ‘Amal effect’: the Dolce & Gabbana monochrome dress she wore for her arrival in Venice sold out immediately, and blogs have sprung up across the internet dedicated to her wardrobe.
    So while it was once impossible to conceive that anyone could out-chic Kate Middleton — just as it was unimaginable Clooney would ever remarry — Amal has achieved both in one amazing weekend.
    TL;DR Kate and Amal own outfits that are of the same color.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptunia View Post
    What sort of political career? One with the UN perhaps? I just don't think that having a British, Muslim wife who helped defend Julian Assange, is going to go over well in George's home state of Kentucky. She's also iffy on Israel if what I read in the Daily Mail is truth , so that won't go well with a lot of Hollywood donors. Maybe it's love or maybe she fits his idea of himself better than the seedy Vegas hostesses.
    Amal has turned down a United Nations offer to investigate war crimes in Gaza. I have no idea if she still is defending Assange, maybe she is going to convert...This marriage has a political whiff over it. Anna Wintour was there and pics were sold to People mag, and the rumor there is she is wants to go diplomatic ...
    Celine is married with 2 kids and is opening a primary school in France (for the ones that read french) if you click on the link it shows pics but I have no idea how to paste them here

Interview de Céline Balitran,
    Céline, chez toi, dans quelle pièce passe-tu le plus de temps ?
    J’aime mon salon-salle à manger, une pièce familiale lumineuse et calme qui donne directement sur le jardin. Je reste de longues heures dans cette pièce car je travaille de chez moi. Je vais ouvrir une école maternelle et primaire pour septembre 2014.

http://www.thesocialitefamily.com/20...ns/Réalisation : The Socialite Family
    Neptunia likes this.

This isn't Leann and Brandi. I don't think Amal is swf kate.
    rollo likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by lulu09 View Post

OMG that's scary.

Someone needs to have that head as an avie
    redcat likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Thread Information