Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Hell freezes over. Oh, and George Clooney is engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    What a bunch of bitter bitches, the lot of you. George has met his match. Love, politics, the perfect beard, whatever the reasons, he looks happy.
    I agree, he does look happy, and even if this is a bearding arrangement he can still be sincerely happy with the situation. I know a lot of gay guys who would love to have someone like her to take out, dress in frocks, show off to the public etc. Why not? She's fabulous!
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

The romantic in me thinks he met the right woman and fell head over heels. It happens.

The realist in me says he was probably caught in a massage parlor with Travolta.
    dougie, Mrs P, Belt Up and 3 others like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I think they are genuinely happy and in love (for now, anyway). Sometimes the people who rail the longest and the hardest against marrying and settling down are the ones who fall the hardest when the right kind of someone comes along. Look at Warren Beatty - he was in his mid-50's and had shagged his way around the world a few times over when he finally married.

I also saw something on TV the other day that says Amal refused to give George her number when they first met and made him spend a while exchanging e-mails before she'd agree to go out with him. Clever move! For someone like George who will have had no shortage of women elbowing each other out of the way to get an introduction and an invite to the red carpet that must have been like catnip.
    CL** likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

no gossip about her love life before george..next thing you know she saved herself for him..lol
    kasippu and BelledeJour like this.

Anal is like a turbo charged Princess Di/Carolyn Bessete hybrid.

Hope she's written her will
    Brando likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Sluce, you're HAWT!!

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Flash Wedding Bands as Their Celebration Continues

George and Amal in Venice, Italy on Sunday (Reuters)
    Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Clooney!George and Amal stepped out in Venice, Italy on Sunday absolutely beaming. One day after their star-studded ceremony, the couple hopped in a water taxi (called the "Amore") to meet up with their guests.
    [Related: Inside George and Amal's Wedding]

Amal wore a Giambattista Valli Couture 5 macrame embroidered dress while the actor looked dashing in a grey suit. They left the Aman Canal Grande hotel where the nuptials took place on Saturday, and the duo spent the night to meet up with everyone at Hotel Cipriani for brunch.
    Amal and George (Reuters)

George, 53, and Amal, 36, proudly showed off their new bling. They each sported platinum wedding bands on their left ring fingers, while the British human rights lawyer kept her engagement sparkler on her right, which is tradition in Europe.
    Amal and George's wedding bands (Reuters)

During the 15-minute taxi ride, the actor kept his hand firmly around his new bride and whispered in her ear as they waved to fans. Apparently, all the commotion led to a few fender-benders in the canal with one boat driver bumped into the side of a ferry.
    A view of the chaos on the canals (Reuters)
    Before guests including Rande Gerber and Cindy Crawford, Emily Blunt and John Krasinski, Matt Damon and his wife Luciana, and Bono head home, there is still some celebrating to do. Us Weekly reports a late dinner will take place at the Granaries of the Republic and everyone will be gifted with a framed picture of the couple.
    [Related: See All of the Clooney Wedding Festivities]

The bride's father described the wedding as "more than perfect." However, they aren't technically man and wife yet. Although they exchanged vows, the couple will officially be recognized as man and wife on Monday after their civil ceremony.

Source: https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs...184518247.html

Now Now don't they look presidential.
    effie2, rollo and deenz like this.

My goodness, she is magnificent. She somehow puts the rest of Hollywood to absolute shame. Good for her.

I can't make up my mind about this. Either he fell hard and fast for someone who is probably superior to him in most ways (which helps to make sense of the over-the-top wedding celebrations in the media), or there is something really off. She seems to like the spotlight a little to much.
    CL** likes this.

Elite Member

Who knows?

I'm not sure why he would enter into a faux marriage or bearding arrangement at this point in his life--he has been doing what he wants for decades and has been very successful professionally. Maybe he just wants to settle down and possibly start a family--whether with a safe fake partner or with a real partner, doesn't matter.

I find him very boring and rather self-important and think he wound up with the better end of the deal.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

I really hope that after this wedding, we won't see them again in the media for some time. I'm already annoyed by this.
    HWBL likes this.

She has got the best stylist. I love her new wardrobe.
    Angeli likes this.

She surely does,clothes and makeup ,hair and shoes ,perfect at all times..I think her wedding dress will be the best ..

Can't wait to see it, hope it's not lacey.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

We will see,i just think it will be stunning..

Thread Information