Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree680Likes

Thread: Hell freezes over. Oh, and George Clooney is engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    I'm happy for him but what a turn about he's made about the media and paps. He seems to be whoring himself out to them about the wedding. Weird.
    Totally agree. Could this be his ultimate practical joke to shut everybody up about his marital status?
    Fly_On_TheWall likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

If you have enough money, you can do anything in secrecy. Booker has a secluded estate on Lake Como. He could have a wedding there and no one would be the wiser. But he announced the time and location to the press weeks ago for seemingly no reason. It was so strange people thought he actually wasn't getting married in Venice this weekend, and it must be a smokescreen for the real wedding. but nope, it not only wasn't but he had the famous guests arriving in open boats to wave to the media.
    Brando and BelledeJour like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Gold Member

So how long until a pregnancy is announced then? For the person who would never get married and have kids, he sure seems to have struck the first one down pretty quickly after Amal showed up.

Apparently they've sold the rights to Vogue and will donate the money to charity. How very benevolent.
    Brando likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Amal is conspicuously absent from all these pictures. I guess they haven't or won't release photos from the reception. Guess we'll have to wait for the Vogue pics.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Elite Member

I think all of you that are speculating on some type of political career for George are correct: Marry smart, beautiful, first-lady type...check.

^^Nah, doubtful. I recall reading an article about 10 years ago where he was asked about his political ambitions. He said he would never consider running for office because he had slept with too many women. He could be changing his mind, of course, but seems like his opponents would excoriate him badly for his personal life. A couple of crazies from the past would probably have to be bought off too. Of course, his personal life would not be a campaign issue whatsoever if this was Europe.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Slept with too many "women," sure.
    idunno, qwerty and Kathie_Moffett like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Sorry, but I think that he's a big ol' phony.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Sorry, but I think that he's a big ol' phony.

Why is Anna Wintour there? Especially during PFW. Even if they sold the pics to Vogue. Kimye did and she wasn't at the wedding.
    George wanting to go political seems the only logical explanation, he even has the politician's look in the pictures.

I dont really like to brag but I TOLD YOU SO,in the very start of the affair..it all fitted perfectly!

None of this feels particularly sincere. Everyone in the pix looks self-conscious and like they're posing or playing a part. And smug.

50 cases of tequila wouldn't have been nearly enough.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Internationally acclaimed barrister Amal Alamuddin marries an actor

By Amanda Rose
    on September 28, 2014

WWW.NYDAILYNEWS.COM

Amal Alamuddin, a 36 year old London-based dual-qualified English barrister and New York litigation attorney who has long been a high-profile figure in international refugee and human rights law has gone against the trend for professional women in her field and married… an actor.

Amal is an educated and successful career woman we’ve long admired. The high-flying barrister has notched up many career highs, including representing the controversial WikiLeaks whistleblower Julian Assange, and also has multilingual fluency in English, French and Arabic.

Amal attended St. Hugh’s College, Oxford University, earning her BA/LLB and receiving the Exhibitioner, Shrigley Award. She also attended New York University School of Law earning her LLM and receiving the Jack J. Katz Memorial Award.

A true testament to her character is her decision to find time to serve on the expert panel of Preventing Sexual Violence Initiative (formed by UK Foreign Secretary William Hague) to gather evidence of sexual crimes committed in conflict zones.

Singing her praises yet? Well you aren’t the only ones…

Julia Roberts called her “beautiful and smart”. Translation: she is beautiful and smart.

Mark Stephens, the solicitor who hired Amal to represent Assange: “She is a fabulously bright woman, she’s independent, has a Rolls-Royce mind and intersocial skills to die for.” Translation: she is awesome.

Amal is also a style icon for corporate women across the globe,with her easy elegance set off with her love of quirky footwear – a nice touch to her personal brand.

Now back to this marriage …
    Little is known of Amal’s earlier relationships (we assume she was climbing that corporate ladder and smashing glass ceilings) but she’s tying the knot with an actor, whose name is George Clooney, we’re told.

He’s probably a nice man, but seems to be a bit clingy, as since she met him it’s hard to find a photo or footage of Amal without him hanging around in the background.

We only hope he doesn’t hold her back from conquering the world. We think this George Clooney fellow has scored big time.

He’s been quoted as saying he was ‘marrying up’… we agree.

Internationally acclaimed barrister Amal Alamuddin marries an actor - The Business Woman Media

"But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

He'll run for an office in CA within the next 5 years. Bets?
    teforde23, Belt Up, redcat and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

so fake

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information