Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Helen Gurley Brown, Legendary Cosmopolitan Editor, Dead at 90

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    RIP.

And I kinda agree with Sput now but in its heyday, Cosmo broke new ground.
    This.

ETA I cannot find what she died of, I will assume old age. If anyone can find info on that can they please post it here? TIA

Bronze Member

A polarizing figure to the very end. RIP

RIP, HGB.

I haven't read Cosmo since the late 90s/ early 00s when it was 50 Sex Tricks You Need to Know to Please Your Man and 25 Things You're Doing Wrong in Bed That's Causing Him to Cheat on You. I assume it's probably still the same now?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I've fallen behind in my celeb news and I just heard about this tonight. Another mover and shaker gone. RIP, Ms. Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    RIP, HGB.

I haven't read Cosmo since the late 90s/ early 00s when it was 50 Sex Tricks You Need to Know to Please Your Man and 25 Things You're Doing Wrong in Bed That's Causing Him to Cheat on You. I assume it's probably still the same now?
    Oh god. ......It should be nowadays like this..

10 new ways to get the "little fella" going.....cos its just not gonna get any bigger......
    or
    20 things hes doing wrong and why you left his ass....
    Jack I swear.

Ha, even though I haven't bought one in years, I remember Cosmo as a must-read back in my college years and how all our boyfriends secretly wanted to read it too. And how my mother was oh so appalled that I had graduated from the teen mags to the scandalous sex-tip-related COSMO! *gasp*

RIP, Ms. Gurley-Brown.
    card likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    RIP, HGB.

It's more or less the same but after so many years many of the sex tips are beyond ridiculous. Also with some of the tips the guy will probably punch them in the face to make them stop:

Cosmo's 44 Most Ridiculous Sex Tips | Nerve.com

some gems:

"Chew a small piece of mango... then take him in your mouth. You can use whatever fruit you have, just don't try anything too acidic, as it can burn him."

“As you’re going down on him, shake your head from side to side, letting your tongue follow the same pattern on the extra sensitive underside of his penis.”

"Receive a butterfly kiss... of your breasts. To do: he bats his eyelids against the supersensitive underside of your breasts."

"Dip your breasts in edible body paint, and use them to 'sponge paint' his entire body. Then lick it off."

"Draw an attention-grabbing circle around your nipples using rhinestones and body glue for a special night in."

"Keep a spray bottle filled with ice water next to the bed, and give each other a strategic spritz to extend the encounter... Aim for the nerve-packed, thin-skinned areas on each other's body, such as the nipples."

"Mix one tablespoon of saliva (the kind deep in your throat works best — its viscosity makes it a good substitute for lube) with one tablespoon of water to stretch the spit."

"As you're eating dinner together, say something X-rated like, 'See how I'm devouring this piece of meat? That's how I'm going to devour you.'"

"Give him a beer facial — the combination of the egg white and the yeast in the hops hydrates and improves skin elasticity... but you can just tell him that your lips can't resist his delicious, beer-flavored face."

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

"Draw an attention-grabbing circle around your nipples using rhinestones and body glue for a special night in."
    I bet Jennifer Love H. does this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    "Mix one tablespoon of saliva (the kind deep in your throat works best — its viscosity makes it a good substitute for lube) with one tablespoon of water to stretch the spit."
    WTF, you're supposed to hock a loogie on him to set the mood?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Oh I used to love reading Cosmo in my late teens and twenties. I guess I outgrew it when I realized I wasn't going to be living in a Manhattan penthouse having it all. But HGB made the magazine what is was and I respect what she accomplished big time.
    She was so tiny and super thin. I always wondered if she had an E.D.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Does it also advise you what to do when your other half starts rolling about the bed and turning purple in the face when they accidentally inhale and start choking on a rhinestone?
    shedevilang likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Two things about Helen - Sex and The Single Girl is one of my all time favorite comedy's and when she said something like ....."My husband can go out to lunch with any woman he chooses, but he only goes out to dinner with me".

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    "Receive a butterfly kiss... of your breasts. To do: he bats his eyelids against the supersensitive underside of your breasts."

"This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Two things about Helen - Sex and The Single Girl is one of my all time favorite comedy's and when she said something like ....."My husband can go out to lunch with any woman he chooses, but he only goes out to dinner with me".
    Is that like when Paul Newman said, "Why go out for a hamburger when you can have a steak at home?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information