Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heavy make-up fails to conceal the deteriorating state of Amy Winehouse's skin

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyMoon View Post
    It could just be crack - I had clients whose faces looked like that from crack. But she does look like she is going to die soon...
    I have never known anyone whose face looked that way JUST from crack. Crack and lack of sleep gave me a deathly pallor that I actually used to think complemented my dark hair. I have known speed freaks and heroin junkies who pick and get faces like that. But if very well could be Kaposi's sarcoma.

wasn't this the blind item about the HIV+ singer? it was from EL and was from back in late december

Crazy Days and Nights: Today's Blind Items

During a required physical last week this singer indicated she is HIV+. If you follow the partners and they were not safe, this could lead to some incredible revelations during the next year.
    Last edited by AquariusMoon; March 18th, 2008 at 07:16 AM. Reason: added link

^
    thanks Aquarius.
    Yeah,this might fit.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

What an attention whore. People that cut themselves, cut deep. That looks more like cat scratches than knife wounds. What an idiot.

That doesn't look like any case of impetigo I have ever seen. I have never seen it on someone's face! Every time I saw it, two or three times, the lesions were raised and looked like those coconut haystack candies. They were crusted, raised at least a half inch above the skin, and jagged. This doesn't look like it at all!

I'm over this woman. She and Britney are wastes.

^ It looks more like a herion addicts condition; you know how they dig at their skin.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

That is NOT Impetigo. I should know; i had it several times as a child, as did my sister, and my college roommate had it a couple times in college (she interned at a hospital, where it is often found--It's highly contagious). Impetigo is a RASH, a scabby, oozy rash--but it does not look like lesions. Impetigo is a rash that is raised--ON TOP OF the skin, not inside/part of the skin. Those definitely look like lesions on Amy's face. Impetigo doesn't form in neatly-round patches on the skin. And it is usually (or always, i thought at least) develops around the mouth--usually the space between your nose & mouth. (That's where i, my sis & my roommate ALWAYS had it.) I've never seen or heard of it being up on the forehead between the eyes & on the cheek like Amy. And another thing, Impetigo comes on very fast, and it goes away very, very fast with topical antibiotic cream. I mean, like within a day of starting treatment, it is all gone. And the rash is so superficial, it leaves no scar or anything. Those lesions on Amy's face look DEEP. Those lesions will leave scars, since they obviously have deep scabbing to them. That, in my uneducated but experienced opinion, is definitely NOT Impetigo. It's something else--probably crack or meth related.

And i must say, that 1st picture of Amy is SO SCARY, i almost fell out of my chair. She looks like a zombie.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

^That is true. That would explain the scratches, too. It could be a lesion from an infection. Who knows what this woman has!

I had impetigo as a child. It is a pretty common ailment in children down here in the south. I had two childhood friends who had it as well. It hurt like a b*tch, itched, and never, ever looked like that on any of us. Also, no one would have been able to put makeup on it, because just looking at it hurt and made it itch more!

I never had it on the face. Neither did my friends. It was always on the body.

Whatever she has, she is lying about it.

I remember reading something a few weeks ago claiming she had stubbed out a cigarette on her face. I'm wondering if that's what the big sore/lesion might be from...IDK really.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    ^That is true. That would explain the scratches, too. It could be a lesion from an infection. Who knows what this woman has!

I had impetigo as a child. It is a pretty common ailment in children down here in the south. I had two childhood friends who had it as well. It hurt like a b*tch, itched, and never, ever looked like that on any of us. Also, no one would have been able to put makeup on it, because just looking at it hurt and made it itch more!

I never had it on the face. Neither did my friends. It was always on the body.

Whatever she has, she is lying about it.
    RIS, totally agree. (I read your post a few posts up, just now, AFTER i posted mine, you must've posted while i was writing mine.) To call Impetigo a "crusted" rash is a perfect to describe it. I said "scabby" cuz that's the best word i could think of, but "crusty" is better--especially since it's so superficial, like i said. And you're right--i forgot how bad it HURT! It was a horrible stinging, burning hurt. Which makes me remember something else important. When you have Impetigo, the FIRST thing the doctor will tell you, and he/she will stress it over & over cuz it's so important: DO NOT TOUCH THE RASH, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Because that will just spread it. (It spreads like wildfire.) So there are 2 reasons right there why there's no way you'd be putting makeup on Impetigo!

If i had to guess as to what those lesions all over her face are, i'd guess they are from Crystal Meth (or maybe Crack). I saw on a documentary that heavy users of Meth have actual crystals form in their body (that's why they're always scratching at their skin; they can feel the crystals forming inside their body), and then the crystals have to get OUT of the skin/body, so they rise up through the skin, leaving open wounds wherever this occurs. (Gross, huh!) That is my guess as to what is happening to Amy.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

Jesus!

She looks terrible. Those lesions look painful. Why is she even covering that up?She should let her skin breathe and stay inside!!!!

Holy shit she is in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by AquariusMoon View Post
    wasn't this the blind item about the HIV+ singer? it was from EL and was from back in late december

Crazy Days and Nights: Today's Blind Items

During a required physical last week this singer indicated she is HIV+. If you follow the partners and they were not safe, this could lead to some incredible revelations during the next year.
    I looked up impetigo and found this...read down to the end, cos it's got some rather disturbing info:

Risk factors for impetigo:
    "Although anyone can develop impetigo, children ages 2 to 6 years and infants are most often infected. Children are especially susceptible to infections because their immune systems are still developing. And because staph and strep bacteria flourish wherever groups of people are in close contact, impetigo spreads easily in schools and child care settings.

Other factors that increase the risk of impetigo include:

Direct contact with an adult or child who has impetigo or with contaminated towels, bedding or clothing
    Crowded conditions
    Warm, humid weather impetigo infections are more common in summer
    Participation in sports that involve skin-to-skin contact, such as football or wrestling
    Having chronic dermatitis, especially atopic dermatitis

Older adults and people with diabetes or A COMPROMISED IMMUNE SYSTEM are especially likely to develop ecthyma, the most serious form of impetigo."

As said, very disturbing and a very real, very sad possibility. What a waste of an incredible talent.

yuck!

Having seen my share of impetigo during the day care days of yore, none I ever saw looked like this. But then again the kids were at the doctors within a day of it coming out and maybe if you let it go this happens. I have to agree that Amy's the sad story the HIV+ BI was about because she probably had to have a physical to get a work VISA when she planned on visiting the US for the grammy's back then. If she'd only take care of herself she could probably do well. It really sucks since she is so talented. I just don't get how Ebola and Hohan and BritsBits have managed to remain negative given their sexual and drug excesses.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information