Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heather Mills' nanny sues for sex discrimination, forced to give her naked spray tans

Her entourage must have been her staff like the pool boy, the manicurist, the very personal trainer and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    Blow dry her hair for her? She lost a leg, not her arms. Dumb bitch.

So true!

Heather Mills' former nanny in employment tribunal

Ms Trumble claims she was unfairly dismissed

An employment tribunal hearing launched against Heather Mills by her former nanny has been delayed.
    Sara Trumble, 25, of West Sussex, is seeking compensation from Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife, alleging unfair dismissal and sex discrimination.
    The case has been adjourned while the judge considers whether evidence heard during Ms Mills' divorce can be used.
    The tribunal was told such evidence was relevant because it showed Ms Mills had lied under oath at the High Court.
    'Unfair prejudice'
    The former model of Robertsbridge, East Sussex, was at the hearing in Ashford, Kent.
    Sitting at the back, Ms Mills uttered a long "no" as solicitor Nick Fairweather said the High Court judgment should be used as it demonstrated her credibility.
    Heather Mills was at the hearing in Ashford

Mr Fairweather said: "She [Mills] was found by a High Court judge under the forensic scrutiny of the High Court to have lied."
    Caroline Crampton-Thomas, representing Ms Mills, said using the judgment would "unfairly prejudice" her client.
    Ms Trumble, of Westfield, claims the terms of her employment were altered after she took maternity leave.
    The tribunal heard that Ms Mills, who has a seven-year-old daughter with Sir Paul, will dispute the job title of her former employee and argue that she was also hired to work as a housekeeper.

Heather Mills 'exploited loyal nanny'

Ms Trumble claims she was unfairly dismissed

Heather Mills's former nanny has told an employment tribunal she was made to work long hours without extra pay.
    Sara Trumble, 26, of West Sussex, is seeking compensation from Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife, alleging unfair dismissal and sex discrimination.
    She said she felt she was a hard-working and loyal worker but in return her former boss took advantage of her.
    Ms Mills, a former model of Robertsbridge, East Sussex, was at the hearing in Ashford, Kent.
    Ms Trumble, who lived with her family in Westfield, said that from April 2004 she was employed to look after Ms Mills and Sir Paul's six-month-old daughter from 10am to 6pm, five days a week, while the couple were still living together.
    She said Mills "was really nice and genuine" at first.
    Heather was very bitter towards Paul

Sara Trumble

However she soon found she was often expected to stay well into the evening while she waited for the couple to return home, without extra pay.
    Ms Trumble also said that following the couple's separation in May 2006 her job changed further as custody of the little girl was shared between Ms Mills and Sir Paul.
    Ms Trumble, who was paid 260 a week by Mills, said: "Heather was very bitter towards Paul.
    "I was, I believe, a great source of comfort and support for Heather at this time."
    'Lied under oath'
    She also claimed the former model was unsympathetic towards her when she went through a difficult pregnancy, forcing her to accompany her on trips abroad.
    Earlier the tribunal was delayed due to legal argument over whether information from the Mills-McCartney divorce proceedings should be used as evidence.
    The tribunal was told such evidence was relevant because it showed Ms Mills had lied under oath at the High Court.
    Tribunal judge Steven Vowles said it should not be used on the grounds of its late disclosure and lack of relevance.

Heather Mills 'treated nanny like daughter'

Sara Trumble was paid 260 a week to look after Ms Mills's daughter, Beatrice

Heather Mills has told an employment tribunal that she treated her former nanny "like a daughter". (so expolited her thoroughly then???)
    Sara Trumble, 26, from West Sussex, is seeking compensation from Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife, alleging unfair dismissal and sex discrimination.
    Giving evidence, Ms Mills said the pair got on so well she had even been asked to be godmother to Ms Trumble's child.
    Ms Trumble has said she was a loyal worker who was taken advantage of by the 42-year-old former model.
    Ms Mills, from Robertsbridge, East Sussex, was giving evidence on the second day of the hearing in Ashford, Kent.
    She said: ""I treated Sara like my daughter as she often complained that her mother was cold and distant to her.
    'No-one better'
    "I spent much of my time consoling her, especially when she said she was having problems with her partner."
    Ms Mills said that after her nanny had her baby "she asked me to be godmother to her daughter".
    "She said it was because I had taken such good care of her and she could think of no-one better. I was delighted."
    Heather Mills and Sir Paul McCartney divorced in 2008

Ms Mills told the tribunal she had also given Ms Trumble 1,500 after she had some money stolen, as well as 500 for a deposit on a flat.(after her previous claims I'd have to see her bank records to believe that!)

The former nanny, from Westfield, was paid 260 a week to look after Ms Mills's daughter Beatrice, now six.
    Earlier, Ms Trumble told the tribunal she had been close to her employer when she began her job in April 2004.
    But Ms Trumble claimed Ms Mills became bad-tempered and rude following her split from Sir Paul.
    She said: "Everyone had noticed it. Everyone was saying how difficult working conditions had become at at work. [It was] not a nice place to work."
    Ms Trumble told the hearing that all the staff were under pressure to make sure Ms Mills's new nine-bedroom home was ready for her when it was refurbished in August 2007.
    She said: "Things had to be perfect for when Heather came back.
    "Everyone was rushing around stressed."
    The hearing, which began on Monday, is expected to last four days.

Heather Mills tells of breast op bust-up with nanny

Sara Trumble says her former boss took advantage of her

Heather Mills has told an employment tribunal she fell out with her nanny after refusing to pay for her breast enlargement surgery.
    Sara Trumble, 26, from West Sussex, is seeking compensation from Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife, alleging unfair dismissal and sex discrimination.
    Ms Mills said they were "very close" but the relationship soured when she refused to give her 4,000 for surgery.
    Ms Trumble's solicitor accused Ms Mills of telling a "very unpleasant lie". No surprise there then!

Ms Mills, from Robertsbridge, East Sussex, was cross-examined by solicitor Nick Fairweather on the third day of the hearing in Ashford, Kent.
    He accused Ms Mills of making up the issue of cosmetic surgery as a way of explaining why Ms Trumble turned against her.
    Sara was a young girl who I took under my wing and treated like my own daughter

Heather Mills

Ms Mills said: "I had a breast reduction when I was 21 and I couldn't pick anything up for weeks because it was so painful.
    "I didn't criticise her wanting to have a breast enlargement, I just felt it would have been wrong of me to help with something that could have been a reaction to her boyfriend or her hormones."
    Mr Fairweather said: "I suggest that you're telling a very, very unpleasant lie."
    Ms Mills rejected Mr Fairweather's accusation.
    Ms Trumble, from Westfield, was paid 260 a week to look after Ms Mills's daughter Beatrice, now six.
    The former nanny claims she was a loyal worker who was taken advantage of by the 42-year-old former model.
    But Ms Mills told the tribunal that the staff working for her at her nine-bedroom house all supported one another and found her to be an understanding boss.
    She said: "Our house, even in the most stressful times, was a very supportive environment."
    She said of her relationship with Ms Trumble: "Sara and I have never had a cross word.
    Heather Mills and Sir Paul McCartney divorced in 2008

"I would never raise my voice to her and I have never been bad-tempered to her, ever, ever, ever."
    Ms Mills was supported in her claims by her PA Sonya Webb, who described her boss of 10 years as a "more than fair employer".
    She said: "In this claim, I feel that Sara is making issues where there really weren't any."
    As she left the hearing, Ms Mills read out a two-page statement.
    She said she felt as though she had "been betrayed by someone who I felt was part of the family".
    She said: "It saddens me greatly that this case had to come to court.
    "Sara was a young girl who I took under my wing and treated like my own daughter - I really cared for her - I believed she deserved so much more."
    Tribunal judge Steven Vowles closed the four-day hearing on Thursday.
    A reserved judgment will now be made, with a verdict expected to be given by the end of May.

Nanny loses discrimination case against Heather Mills

Page last updated at 12:12 GMT, Friday, 4 June 2010 13:12 UK

Sara Trumble had claimed her former boss took advantage of her

Heather Mills' ex-nanny has lost her unfair dismissal and sex discrimination case against her former boss.
    Sara Trumble, 26, from West Sussex, had told the employment tribunal that Sir Paul McCartney's ex-wife exploited her.
    Ms Mills said they had been "very close" but the relationship soured when she refused to give her 4,000 for breast enlargement surgery.
    Tribunal judge Steven Vowles dismissed the claims in his judgement on Friday.
    'Fair and generous' A spokeswoman for Ms Mills said: "Heather is delighted with the decision of the Employment Tribunal that has dismissed all of Sara Trumble's claims.
    "Heather was always a very fair and generous employer to Sara and is very pleased that this has been confirmed by Judge Vowles and the tribunal members unanimously in the judgment."
    Ms Trumble, from Westfield, was paid 260 a week to look after Ms Mills's daughter Beatrice, now six.
    During the four-day tribunal in Ashford, Kent, she had claimed she was relegated to carrying out household chores after she returned from maternity leave.
    Heather Mills and Sir Paul McCartney divorced in 2008 Ms Trumble also claimed the 42-year-old former model became bad-tempered and rude following her split from Sir Paul McCartney.
    But Ms Mills of Robertsbridge, East Sussex, dismissed the allegations, saying she treated her former nanny like her own daughter.
    She said she only arranged new childcare for Beatrice after Ms Trumble had handed in her notice.
    Ms Mills was supported in her claims by her PA Sonya Webb, who described her boss of 10 years as a "more than fair employer".

bbc.co.uk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information