Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree685Likes

Thread: Heather Locklear Arrested for Domestic Violence

Heather Locklear Is Engaged to Boyfriend Chris Heisser: They're 'Happy Together,' Source Says

A family friend tells PEOPLE the couple got engaged in April, as the actress celebrated one year of sobriety

Heather Locklear is engaged, PEOPLE can confirm.

A close family friend tells PEOPLE that the Melrose Place star, 58, is engaged to her boyfriend Chris Heisser.

According to the friend, the couple has "been engaged since the end of April, as they were celebrating her year of sobriety."

"They are really happy together," the friend says, adding that Locklear has the support of her family, including daughter Ava, 22, with ex Richie Sambora.

"Her family, her parents, her siblings, and her daughter are all supporting her and excited for her," the friend adds.

Locklear and Heisser, who were high school sweethearts, reconnected a few years ago and were on and off as the actress battled substance abuse and sought help in rehab. In photos obtained by the Daily Mail, Locklear was spotted out last week in Los Angeles wearing a diamond ring on her engagement finger and a mask that read: "I'm smiling."

Locklear has had her ups and downs over the years. In 2019, she pleaded no contest to eight misdemeanor counts stemming from her two arrests in 2018. She was reportedly placed on an informal three-year probation, and completed a court-ordered 30-day stint in a private rehab facility.

After Locklear celebrated one year of sobriety earlier this year, a source told PEOPLE the actress was "in a great place."

"She's strong and clear-headed," said the source, adding that the star had also been enjoying gardening, taking walks and cooking.

"She cooks for herself, Ava and her parents," the source continued. "It's very sweet. Her dad is close to 91, and her mom is in her 80s, and she delivers food to them often."

Added the source, "It's really amazing to see how she managed to turn things around."

Good for her.
    Mrs Fawlty, KrisNine and Novice like this.
    -

Congratulations
    Novice likes this.

I'm so glad to hear this. When the thread popped up I was expecting something sad/bad. I thought this was the guy who was kind of a reason for her being a drunken mess there 2 years ago. I know she's responsible for her actions, but it seemed like when she hooked up with him her life went nuts. Maybe that's just how the media spun it. Dunno. Good for her. One year of sobriety is fantastic.
    crayzeehappee and Novice like this.

I hope she can stay sober now.
    crayzeehappee and DawnM74 like this.

That fiancee was DUI. I don't like his look, I don't trust her sobriety and on and on. Jack Wagner (GH, Melrose Place) who admitted he is a recovering alcoholic got out of their engagement after being together a few years. This has been going for years with Heather, who I have a soft spot for. An iconic tv actress and rock star wife. No idea of what kind of Mom she is, but their daughter got herself a double whammy in the parent department.
    rollo, lindsaywhit and DawnM74 like this.

He better run....
    DawnM74 likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

I don't know, but she is nearing 60. I'm only a little younger, but I would not parade a new engagement ring around. All this show-off happiness, centered around another person, that does not sound good. Is he her savior? Will she drink again if they have some trouble, because then it is kinda his fault?
    I love her and wish her the best, but that all does not sound stable or really mature to me.

I wish her the best but I remember police were called to their house last year for assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    I don't know, but she is nearing 60. I'm only a little younger, but I would not parade a new engagement ring around. All this show-off happiness, centered around another person, that does not sound good. Is he her savior? Will she drink again if they have some trouble, because then it is kinda his fault?
    I love her and wish her the best, but that all does not sound stable or really mature to me.
    It's probably her PR wanting a good news story.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    That fiancee was DUI. I don't like his look, I don't trust her sobriety and on and on. Jack Wagner (GH, Melrose Place) who admitted he is a recovering alcoholic got out of their engagement after being together a few years. This has been going for years with Heather, who I have a soft spot for. An iconic tv actress and rock star wife. No idea of what kind of Mom she is, but their daughter got herself a double whammy in the parent department.
    I'm with you. I don't think this guy is a good pick and I don't trust her sobriety either.
    lindsaywhit, DawnM74 and Patty Rox like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Sometimes I get a feeling based on nothing specific. I feel the same way about Sandra Bullock's guy. Never heard anything bad about him, but I got a slimy feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    It's probably her PR wanting a good news story.
    Agreed
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Does anyone really know why she's gone off the rails like she has? I never knew her to be a druggie or a drinker. But the past few years haven't been kind to her. I love speculating, but I wonder what triggered her...I've always liked her even though she's a Republican. She just seems like a cool lady. But something is going on...midlife crisis or what?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

^^^
    i think she's that friend we all have who was the life of the party and still closes down the bar even though she's way too old for that shit. definitely a drinker. chaos magnet, as a friend of mine calls them. dates the wrong type of men over and over again.
    Daphodil and lindsaywhit like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Does anyone really know why she's gone off the rails like she has? I never knew her to be a druggie or a drinker. But the past few years haven't been kind to her. I love speculating, but I wonder what triggered her...I've always liked her even though she's a Republican. She just seems like a cool lady. But something is going on...midlife crisis or what?
    The blinds are in this long thread ....
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Thread Information