Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 331
Like Tree685Likes

Thread: Heather Locklear Arrested for Domestic Violence

  1. #166
    czb
    czb is offline
    Elite Member czb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    left coast
    Posts
    17,637

    Default

    yeah - monmouth and ocean county beaches are wonderful. nj gets such bad press but the shore is great. but dead in the winter and not much to do. there is a mix of people unless you are talking about places like deal and elberon which are pretty much private beaches, anyway.

  2. #167
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    No, no real seasonal trend. Not that I've read about. And yup, convenient stores with public bathrooms are frequently getting ODs. And the only reason I can think for that is that people are meeting up there to do the drug buy and the buyer can't wait to get high, so he/she does so in the bathroom right there.

    It has sparked a raucous debate around here. EMTs carry loads of Narcan, I think even the police do too. You can even buy Narcan at the pharmacy without a prescription. I'll use the context of the drug house on the corner from me. There have been AT LEAST seven ODs that have happened there since I moved back here in November last year. I'm almost certain there have been more. Each time, the EMTs come out and administer Narcan, take them to the hospital and they are released in a few hours. In every instance, they go right back and start using again as soon as they get home, just mere hours after they were basically resuscitated from death. So where does it end? Do the EMTs come out every week to administer Narcan (we have a volunteer EMT/First Aid squad in my town and they don't charge anyone .... I'm not sure how that works because the supplies alone would be crazy expensive, but maybe there's a program or grant that I'm unaware of)? When does it stop? Should they be forced to go into rehab after each Narcan? But the problem with that is that rehab doesn't work if you're not willing to put in the effort. So what then? Do they get, say, one a year/month/week and then too bad, knowing they're going to die? What's the answer? And then there's the argument of why do drug addicts get free meds? Why do cancer patients have to pay for chemo or diabetics have to pay for insulin? It's a really slippery slope and it looks like we're falling over.
    rollo and mostroop like this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

  3. #168
    Elite Member dksnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Jersey Shore, NJ
    Posts
    2,774

    Default

    I live in Monmouth County - about 1.5 mile from the beach.

    My daughter, who is 29, told me about two people she went to HS with. One OD'd and died and in the same week the other girl OD'd and is on life support in the hospital. No matter who I talk to, from all walks of life, knows of someone affected by heroin.

    Nevan - was the the 18 yr old killed in the motorcycle you were talking about ^^
    Vera Donovan: (Dolores Claiborne) : Sometimes you have to be a high-riding bitch to survive. Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold onto.

  4. #169
    Gold Member nico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southern MD
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    There is this yahoo in my FB town chat page. He stopped to check out this car that was stopped on a busy road to see if they needed help. He found a late teen/early 20s kid slumped over in the driver's seat. He had his cell phone in his hand, but there wasn't much else to go on. The yahoo started filming immediately while someone else called 911. No one knocked on the window (the car was running with all the windows up) or tried in any other way to try and wake this kid up. Very likely it was an overdose (omg, multiple a day in this area now), but how could you sit there filming it with running commentary and not try SOMETHING. It just really made me nauseous. A lot of people were applauding the yahoo because "these kids need to have consequences". Please. His consequence, if it was an overdose, is going to be life and death and if the EMTs can get there with Narcan fast enough. But what if the kid had just fallen asleep? What if he was having a medical emergency, not an overdose? I found it disgusting that someone filmed this whole thing, especially when there was no other indication it was an OD other than he was passed out (there was no drug paraphernalia visible and the car was pretty clean inside). Yet this is what social media has turned into. I know this wasn't a pap, but even regular people are trying to become them. There was a fatal MV v. motorcycle the other day, and SEVERAL people took and posted video of the scene before and while the first responders are there. That shit did not need to go up on FB. Could you imagine finding out your son/father/brother/husband had just been killed in a MVA via FB??

    That is sickening, Nevan. We had a house fire in our cul de sac a few years ago, total loss. I only knew the owner to say hello to, but I know that she had several pets, so I was really upset watching her home burn. Our crackhead neighbors were also outside, and they were recording the whole thing with their phones. It was disgusting, how they found this poor woman's tragedy so entertaining. I was so pissed at them, but I didn't have the nerve to say anything to them. Of course the poor woman lost her fur babies
    Mrs P likes this.

  5. #170
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    No, no real seasonal trend. Not that I've read about. And yup, convenient stores with public bathrooms are frequently getting ODs. And the only reason I can think for that is that people are meeting up there to do the drug buy and the buyer can't wait to get high, so he/she does so in the bathroom right there.

    It has sparked a raucous debate around here. EMTs carry loads of Narcan, I think even the police do too. You can even buy Narcan at the pharmacy without a prescription. I'll use the context of the drug house on the corner from me. There have been AT LEAST seven ODs that have happened there since I moved back here in November last year. I'm almost certain there have been more. Each time, the EMTs come out and administer Narcan, take them to the hospital and they are released in a few hours. In every instance, they go right back and start using again as soon as they get home, just mere hours after they were basically resuscitated from death. So where does it end? Do the EMTs come out every week to administer Narcan (we have a volunteer EMT/First Aid squad in my town and they don't charge anyone .... I'm not sure how that works because the supplies alone would be crazy expensive, but maybe there's a program or grant that I'm unaware of)? When does it stop? Should they be forced to go into rehab after each Narcan? But the problem with that is that rehab doesn't work if you're not willing to put in the effort. So what then? Do they get, say, one a year/month/week and then too bad, knowing they're going to die? What's the answer? And then there's the argument of why do drug addicts get free meds? Why do cancer patients have to pay for chemo or diabetics have to pay for insulin? It's a really slippery slope and it looks like we're falling over.
    1. Take Fentanyl and other highly addictive pharmaceutical opioids off the market.
    2. Press China, Mexico and other countries to stop illicit Fentanyl and other designer opioids from being produced and shipped from their countries. I noticed this morning that China immediately executes dealers about an hour after they receive their death sentences.
    3. Increase education in schools with regard to the dangers of opioid addiction.
    fgg, rollo, crayzeehappee and 2 others like this.

  6. #171
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    14,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    1. Take Fentanyl and other highly addictive pharmaceutical opioids off the market.
    2. Press China, Mexico and other countries to stop illicit Fentanyl and other designer opioids from being produced and shipped from their countries. I noticed this morning that China immediately executes dealers about an hour after they receive their death sentences.
    3. Increase education in schools with regard to the dangers of opioid addiction.
    Let's add legalize marijuana and educate the mother-fucking doctors/dentists who created this with the never ending opiod scrips. Let's tax the holy hell out of pharma companies that are incentivizing doctors to prescribe these highly addictive meds and give tax breaks to those developing sensible non-addictive pain management drugs.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  7. #172
    Elite Member CornFlakegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hanging with the raisin girls
    Posts
    14,907

    Default

    I agree the focus should be on getting opioids off the market except in very rare situations and with strict, very supervised cases. Hit big pharma in their purse for pushing this shit and doctor's too.

    I bet if pharma couldn't make billions off of it, they'd come up with a better pain killer.
    Kittylady likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

  8. #173
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    21,218

    Default

    Over here (in my experience) it's damn hard to get a regular doctor to give you a prescription for any of the super-strong painkillers. Out of all the people I know with long term and painful health conditions I only know of one who has a prescription for anything really strong and that's because they broke almost every bone in their body in a horrific motorbike smash (and you know when he's having to use it as he goes completely loopy). Even my best friend's dad was on minimal pain relief during his post-op cancer treatment as the focus here is more on keeping pain at manageable levels rather than stopping it completely and risking addiction and/or other drug related complications.
    OCD likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  9. #174
    Elite Member Moongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cal-i-for-nigh-ay!
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    The strongest med I've ever been given after surgery is acetaminophen with codeine after my gallbladder surgery, and I took it minimally. Otherwise, just regular otc ibuprofen or acetaminophen.

    Where I work, they have patients sign a contract stating they will only receive a set amount of painkillers a month, and get drug tested randomly a couple of times a year (a positive test means they are using their pain meds, negative means that most likely they are selling them).

  10. #175
    Elite Member pinkbunnyslippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    3,950 miles from NYC
    Posts
    6,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i didn't know that heroin/opiods were such a big problem in ocean and monmouth county, but then i read this in the APP.

    https://www.app.com/story/news/inves...-nj/694967002/

    wonder what it is?
    Kensington isnít far away. I was watching a documentary about people coming from New Jersey and the suburbs to buy heroin.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

  11. #176
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Sorry in advance for the multi quotes.

    Quote Originally Posted by dksnj View Post
    I live in Monmouth County - about 1.5 mile from the beach.

    My daughter, who is 29, told me about two people she went to HS with. One OD'd and died and in the same week the other girl OD'd and is on life support in the hospital. No matter who I talk to, from all walks of life, knows of someone affected by heroin.

    Nevan - was the the 18 yr old killed in the motorcycle you were talking about ^^
    I'm struggling to remember his age (I'll go through the pages later and find out for you) but yes, he was dead before the first responders were able to get there. Yet the videos kept going.

    Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    That is sickening, Nevan. We had a house fire in our cul de sac a few years ago, total loss. I only knew the owner to say hello to, but I know that she had several pets, so I was really upset watching her home burn. Our crackhead neighbors were also outside, and they were recording the whole thing with their phones. It was disgusting, how they found this poor woman's tragedy so entertaining. I was so pissed at them, but I didn't have the nerve to say anything to them. Of course the poor woman lost her fur babies
    We have a paper in Monmouth County that has a lot of respect (well, as much respect as any paper newspaper has these days) as a good paper. I did not know it at the time, but the reporter covering my house fire was allowed access DURING AN ACTIVE OUT OF CONTROL FIRE to my entire yard to take pictures of the fire and the damage it was doing. I'm even more outraged that they took a picture of me, in my nightshirt and underwear, sitting on a gurney in one of the many ambulances on site being treated pretty much against my will (I just wanted to see my house, I wanted to see how much was burning) and having a severe enough panic attack that I was taken to the hospital against my wishes because my BP was so high (from the panic and the, you know, major life altering thing happening in front of me) they thought I was going to stroke out and thought that was okay to post, without my permission, in the paper that almost all of NJ reads. I wasn't even made aware of it until 4-5 months after the fire. I was MORTIFIED (the ambulance thing was not my finest moment) and so, so, so furious. And these were supposed to be legitimate reporters/journalists. I'm so sorry about your neighbor. It is a devastating thing and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

    Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I agree the focus should be on getting opioids off the market except in very rare situations and with strict, very supervised cases. Hit big pharma in their purse for pushing this shit and doctor's too.

    I bet if pharma couldn't make billions off of it, they'd come up with a better pain killer.
    But this is the thing ... do you know how cheap it is to buy opioids at the pharmacy with a prescription?? I am against Big Pharma for many things, but this is not one of them (at least price wise). I could buy a bottle of straight oxycodone, 120 tablets at 10mg (which is my dose), for about $30 anywhere. I do agree they should come up with a better pain reliever, one that doesn't cause addiction, but there's no outcry for that because Percocet, Vicodin and all the rest work and are cheap to get.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Over here (in my experience) it's damn hard to get a regular doctor to give you a prescription for any of the super-strong painkillers. Out of all the people I know with long term and painful health conditions I only know of one who has a prescription for anything really strong and that's because they broke almost every bone in their body in a horrific motorbike smash (and you know when he's having to use it as he goes completely loopy). Even my best friend's dad was on minimal pain relief during his post-op cancer treatment as the focus here is more on keeping pain at manageable levels rather than stopping it completely and risking addiction and/or other drug related complications.
    It's getting a little bit harder to get prescriptions for opioids here. A lot of doctors won't prescribe opioids anymore (unless you went to an orthopedist because you broke your arm or something similar) and make you go to pain management doctors. I've never met a nice pain management doctor, not really, because who the hell wants that job? I myself have never really had problems getting prescriptions because I have legitimate and ongoing reasons for having them, and I don't abuse them. Plus I've had the same doctor for 30 years and the same pharmacist for about 25 years. I don't doctor or pharmacy shop and I think that makes it much easier for me to get painkillers when I need/needed them. Most of the opioid related deaths around here are from dealers, not pills they got from doctors.
    holly and Angeli like this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

  12. #177
    Elite Member crayzeehappee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    In the fog
    Posts
    2,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    There is this yahoo in my FB town chat page. He stopped to check out this car that was stopped on a busy road to see if they needed help. He found a late teen/early 20s kid slumped over in the driver's seat. He had his cell phone in his hand, but there wasn't much else to go on. The yahoo started filming immediately while someone else called 911. No one knocked on the window (the car was running with all the windows up) or tried in any other way to try and wake this kid up. Very likely it was an overdose (omg, multiple a day in this area now), but how could you sit there filming it with running commentary and not try SOMETHING. It just really made me nauseous. A lot of people were applauding the yahoo because "these kids need to have consequences". Please. His consequence, if it was an overdose, is going to be life and death and if the EMTs can get there with Narcan fast enough. But what if the kid had just fallen asleep? What if he was having a medical emergency, not an overdose? I found it disgusting that someone filmed this whole thing, especially when there was no other indication it was an OD other than he was passed out (there was no drug paraphernalia visible and the car was pretty clean inside). Yet this is what social media has turned into. I know this wasn't a pap, but even regular people are trying to become them. There was a fatal MV v. motorcycle the other day, and SEVERAL people took and posted video of the scene before and while the first responders are there. That shit did not need to go up on FB. Could you imagine finding out your son/father/brother/husband had just been killed in a MVA via FB??
    That is disgusting. Even if it was an overdose WTF with people saying "these kids need to have consequences"??? My little brother was an addict and his consequence was that he died at the age of 27.
    Nevan and Mrs P like this.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

  13. #178
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    That is disgusting. Even if it was an overdose WTF with people saying "these kids need to have consequences"??? My little brother was an addict and his consequence was that he died at the age of 27.
    They are a-holes that can't see outside their own world and have a severe empathy deficit. In other words, people who elected you-know who.

  14. #179
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    1. Take Fentanyl and other highly addictive pharmaceutical opioids off the market.
    2. Press China, Mexico and other countries to stop illicit Fentanyl and other designer opioids from being produced and shipped from their countries. I noticed this morning that China immediately executes dealers about an hour after they receive their death sentences.
    3. Increase education in schools with regard to the dangers of opioid addiction.
    Fentanyl, IMO, is necessary in a hospital setting. I've only had it once, while recovering from a major abdominal surgery with major complications. I was on a high dose of morphine and I was still crying and struggling against the pain in the middle of the night. I don't think I would have survived the pain if my doctor hadn't been called and ordered a really good dose of fentanyl in a patch. I think I only had one patch, but it might have been two in a row ...it's kind of a blur. I went home with a script for Percocet. But I agree, Fentanyl should not be a prescription and should only be hospital used (like Propofol is supposed to be). I'm still amazed that morphine is a prescription, especially for people that aren't terminal.

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Let's add legalize marijuana and educate the mother-fucking doctors/dentists who created this with the never ending opiod scrips. Let's tax the holy hell out of pharma companies that are incentivizing doctors to prescribe these highly addictive meds and give tax breaks to those developing sensible non-addictive pain management drugs.
    I agree with all of this. Scientists know the brain receptor that triggers the euphoria that partly causes addiction. Why can't they find out how to work around that? And for that matter, (only semi-joking) why can't they come up with a happy pill?? I fully believe marijuana should be legalized. I have been on Xanax for years. I started seeing a new doctor/therapist about two weeks ago. Our governor has made it much easier for dispensaries to open and get a MM script in just the last few months. My BFF has been researching long term Xanax symptoms and is convinced that I'm having a lot of them. I think I brought this up here weeks ago ... I'd like to try medical marijuana but I don't want to smoke it or eat it (duh). And there will be no way that I'll be purchasing it on a street corner. I have done my own research and MM is supposed to work 50/50 for panic, and there's no understanding why it works on some and not others ... which would mean that I'd have to have at least a small bottle of rescue Xanax around until I figured out if it worked for me. But for anxiety and insomnia, my two biggest issues, it has upwards of a 90% success rate in several of the articles I've read. I can't even tell you what it would mean to my life not to be tied to benzodiazepines. Even just for my self-esteem! When I asked the new doctor, she was thrilled that I was interested in it, said that she would love to see me off Xanax or at least a much lower dose (I can take up to 3mg a day, but the max dose for panic is 10mg a day, so I think I'm doing pretty good ... not sure what she's talking about). I told her about not wanting to eat or smoke it and she said there are gummies, but she said we'd figure it out. She asked me to be patient for 2-3 months because apparently marijuana is going to be legal in NJ imminently and completely, even for recreational use. She said right now, the cost is ridiculous for MM, but as soon as it's legal, she predicts it will be $20-$30 monthly without insurance. I am hoping it will be a huge difference in my quality of life.
    I'mNotBitter and holly like this.
    "Please, I can't breathe."

    We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.

  15. #180
    Gold Member nico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southern MD
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Let's add legalize marijuana and educate the mother-fucking doctors/dentists who created this with the never ending opiod scrips. Let's tax the holy hell out of pharma companies that are incentivizing doctors to prescribe these highly addictive meds and give tax breaks to those developing sensible non-addictive pain management drugs.
    I totally agree with you! I'm so happy that my state (MD) finally legalized medical marijuana, and I am fortunate enough to have 4 dispensaries within a 10-minute drive

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tom Sizemore Arrested for Domestic Violence. Again.
    By greysfang in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: September 1st, 2016, 07:18 PM
  2. Tone Loc Arrested for Domestic Violence
    By Catty in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: June 21st, 2011, 06:37 PM
  3. Vanilla Ice arrested for domestic violence
    By marie in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: April 12th, 2008, 07:15 AM
  4. Yanni arrested for domestic violence
    By UndercoverGator in forum Music and Music Videos
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 8th, 2006, 04:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •