Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger's family fighting over his $$$

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    They should bury the dead's money with them; that's fair.
    Could you imagine the song and dance then? People would be digging up graves left right and centre.

The lawyers will say 'oh we will just write a cheque and put it in his grave with him.'
    Last edited by Tati; March 16th, 2008 at 07:26 PM.
    Jack I swear.

I know people at 28 years old don't think they are going to die , or something is going to happen to them any minute, but in this case, Heath Ledger had much bigger earnings than the average person, a little daughter and a bad drug problem. This would have been easy to avoid.
    And by dying so young, he could have earned so much more in later years and movie roles, I hope everything he has will go to his little daughter, who won't be able to have a father by her side during her lifetime
    I don't see why, under these circumstances, he should leave big money to his sisters or parents.

Elite Member

The money should be going to the wife/gf and child. His parents should not be looking for anything.

If one of my siblings died, it wouldn't even cross my mind to expect a cut of their estate. Parents, yes, but definitely not my siblings.

So the vultures have landed, and a disgraceful feeding frenzy begins. Bon appetite.

This is sad...but happen's in quite alot of families. Just goes to show that no matter how young you are, if you have assets always make sure your will is up to date.

As far as i am concerned Matilda is the one who has suffered the most by Heath's death. She will never really know who are father is except through her relatives memories and seeing his pictures and films. She should get most of the estate. She is Heath's future (if you get my drift).

Quote Originally Posted by cheray View Post
    Could you imagine the song and dance then? People would be digging up graves left right and centre.
    Just like the Pharohs. Taking it with you is a nice idea, but impractical.

Interesting that Michelle Williams dad is involved....he's been involved in all sorts of shady financial dealings

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Well, it's not the heirs' fault that they were named in the will--it was Heath's responsibility to update it. I'm guessing he probably intended to once he became a father, but never got around to it.

Hopefully the family can work it out amongst themselves, but money does strange things to people. It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

my sister is my primary benefactor (beneficiary?) for my measly excuse for life insurance through my work. she'd probably only get a gift card to Department Store and my nametag... but i'm 24 with no boyfriend/husband/child/pet... iit kind of sucks to realize you have nothing worth leaving behind except maybe a laptop, an ipod, and a few pieces of jewelry... and about 65 pair of shoes.

without reading up on his situation, it seems he was in the process of updating his will (but very slowly) to include the kid and his ex... since it wasn't signed, it is void. let's just hope the family follows through with their word to take care of the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
    my sister is my primary benefactor (beneficiary?) for my measly excuse for life insurance through my work. she'd probably only get a gift card to Department Store and my nametag... but i'm 24 with no boyfriend/husband/child/pet... iit kind of sucks to realize you have nothing worth leaving behind except maybe a laptop, an ipod, and a few pieces of jewelry... and about 65 pair of shoes.

without reading up on his situation, it seems he was in the process of updating his will (but very slowly) to include the kid and his ex... since it wasn't signed, it is void. let's just hope the family follows through with their word to take care of the kid.
    Let's hope so...But it's kind of reckless to leave it up to them

Thumbs down

I think the only one who should definitely benefit from his death is the daughter, parents & siblings. It's so ridiculous that his uncles want a piece of the pie.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Wouldn't you as the family of Ledger want to see his child be taken care of for at least the first 18 years of her life?

I hate the greed that comes with the death of another.

A neighbor recently died after a 6 year bout of cancer and she left all the properties in her name to her daughter and not to her husband (raging alcoholic) or son (heroin addict). The son punched his sister in the face at the funeral "for brainwashing mommy" (his exact words) and caused such a scene that people still take about it around town.

It just disgusts me.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

^^I've seen situations like that too^^^
    tsk,tsk
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

I think it's really unusual that his manager didn't see to it that his will was updated as soon as his child was born. My husband and I have nothing of value yet the first thing we did after our first child was born was to change the will to have everything goes to the kids. The whole thing sounds rather fishy. Anyone know who his Manager was?
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information