Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger's cause of death released

Hmmmm, morphine. You guys got me started again. A love affair I was never allowed to have.

(How can you have cravings for something you only took once, years ago?)

My mom said that God mad me a junkie, but he took care of me by making me deathly afraid of needles. That certainly saved my life.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I took fistfulls of precription codeine for an infected wisdom tooth and it certainly killed the pain but I can't say it made me 'feel' any different let alone fantastic. Like you say, everyone is different.
    I was "blessed" with having paradoxical effects with narcotic pain meds. Instead of them acting like downers, I tweak like a crackhead on them. The stronger the narcotic, the harder I tweak.

I'm kind of surprised about the deification of Heath Ledger that's going on in some places. I was relaying a few tidbits that I got from this board to some acquaintences. You would believe the reaction. Outrage! Sacrilege! You'd think I was saying that the Pope diddles little boys! They also called GR "a stupid gossip board. Come back to us when you have facts!"

They know not what they say GR, my apologies.

So did the whole autopsy report get released to view yet like Donda Wests?

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I was "blessed" with having paradoxical effects with narcotic pain meds. Instead of them acting like downers, I tweak like a crackhead on them. The stronger the narcotic, the harder I tweak.
    Same here. The moment I take something for pain I know I'll be up for hours cleaning the house! Not supposed to do that with a back and neck injury but that's what happened. Oxycotin was the worst...and the best. I can see how it's highly addictive, I felt absolutely euphoric when I was on it.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Elite Member

My husband has been addicted to hydrocodone in the past and is currently addicted to Tramadol. It's a lot easier to get addicted than you think. It started when he hurt his back, they gave him Vicodin, and he is one of those that gets euphoria from it, but that isn't what hooked him. He developed a cough and it took a year back and forth to different doctors while they treated him for reflux and who knows what else before one doctor finally diagnosed him as having a specific type of pneumonia. It was during this time that he was taking a cough syrup with hydrocodone in it that got him hooked. He was still able to get pills for his back, so he would alternate between the cough syrup and the pills for about a year. Then he got off of the vicodin/hydrocodone, but his job was really getting very stressful at that time and he was very depressed. On a follow up visit to the back doctor, she prescribed Tramadol and once he started taking it, it was like flipping a switch. His mood improved and he could tolerate his job. We thought it was a miracle. But he started to develop a tolerance and was taking more than prescribed so he would run out early and have to try and scam some more by lying or going to a different doctor. He did get off of the pills last summer for a couple of months but the deep depression and anxiety returned so he went back and told his doctor he wanted them again for anxiety as well as back pain. It just makes things tolerable for him. He doesn't want to go on antidepressants because we've heard they're so hard to get off of. He takes so many now that he has to buy them from a shady internet pharmacy from time to time because he can't get his prescription filled but every so often and he takes too many pills and runs out. We are hoping he can get off them again soon.

Tramadol has SSRI-type properties and it's also an opoid but it has receptor blockers built in so you can't get that euphoria. The doctor told my husband they were non-addictive but that's not true. They're not listed as a controlled substance so he can get them off the internet without a prescription. It's really scary - you can get just about any antidepressant you want without a prescription on the internet.

But my husband is not a junkie. He's dependent on pills right now, yes, but he still wants to stop. He's been having seizure-type side effects that are really scary.

^^^ Your husband is in trouble. IMO He is an addict. Please get him some help so this cycle can end for both of you. I wish you all the best during this scary time.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    ^^^ Your husband is in trouble. IMO He is an addict. Please get him some help so this cycle can end for both of you. I wish you all the best during this scary time.
    He's been seeing an addiction counselor for a couple of years, since he was addicted to vicodin.

He has made some changes at his job recently to reduce the stress/workload, but we haven't seen much change yet, but hope that by March things will start to get better, and we are planning for him to take a week off to detox. When he's gotten off Tramadol before, he had to taper down and then when he stopped it altogether it made him really, really tired. So we need to pick a time when he can get away from work and rest. But that's hard to do when your job is so busy and stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I'm kind of surprised about the deification of Heath Ledger that's going on in some places. I was relaying a few tidbits that I got from this board to some acquaintences. You would believe the reaction. Outrage! Sacrilege! You'd think I was saying that the Pope diddles little boys! They also called GR "a stupid gossip board. Come back to us when you have facts!"

hah let them come by and we'll flay their skin from their online bones.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post

I hope they all come on over and sign up. I'd love that. I need some entertainment.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    He's been seeing an addiction counselor for a couple of years, since he was addicted to vicodin.

He has made some changes at his job recently to reduce the stress/workload, but we haven't seen much change yet, but hope that by March things will start to get better, and we are planning for him to take a week off to detox. When he's gotten off Tramadol before, he had to taper down and then when he stopped it altogether it made him really, really tired. So we need to pick a time when he can get away from work and rest. But that's hard to do when your job is so busy and stressful.
    My thoughts and prayers will be with your family. I'm glad he has you there to help him through this.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post

I hope they all come on over and sign up. I'd love that. I need some entertainment.
    I'd love to see that too. They all need some stick-butt-ectomies! STAT!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah hotncmom, thats what dr. drew was saying, how easy and sad addiction to pain meds are b/c he said that the "prognosis for getting off them is worse than cancer" and thats extremely scary imo!
    so my heart goes out to you and your family too!

also heath had no reason to be on pain meds like that, he had no severe injuries, no pms cramps from hell, he was just abusing them for the high. sick. and to mix them w/ that other shit is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    Do me a favor, ask your friend if it takes a lot to numb him at the dentist or if he has ever woken up in surgery etc? I think they are all related. It takes 5-6 shots at the dentist to numb me, usually the one in the roof of the mouth if he is doing upper teeth. I have also woken up during surgery twice. My mom did the same thing. I thought it was just inherited and people always think this is weird.

Back on topic, I think there is too much of a tendency to "idolize" anyone who dies. We remember them through rose colored glasses, etc. When that person is a celeb, I think it is easier to do. I don't know what it would have been like if we had had the whole internet community thing when Kurt Cobain, John Lennon, or Elvis died. Can you imagine?
    I'm with you - I guess it takes a lot to numb me up too. I hate the shots in the roof of the mouth with a purple passion... but I need them. Also, I've been prescribed hydrocodone on several occasions and it did absolutely shit - I could get as much pain relief from some friggin baby aspirin but if you ask for anything else, you're a pillpopper...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post

also heath had no reason to be on pain meds like that, he had no severe injuries, no pms cramps from hell, he was just abusing them for the high. sick. and to mix them w/ that other shit is just stupid.
    yeah I don't get why he's so saintly all of the sudden. Angelina will be so jealous!

I liked the guy, I feel bad for Matilda, but he was a druggie. It's too bad he wouldn't go to rehab when Michelle wanted him to. I guess you can't help the people who absolutely don't want it, i.e. Britney.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information