Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger's cause of death released

A*O

Surely "Accidental Overdose" merely rules out "Suicide"? He still killed himself with a cocktail of drugs (prescription or otherwise is irrelevant) that most people wouldn't have unless they were using them on a regular basis. So yes, he was a pill popper.

Interestingly, I heard a Professor of Epdidemiology on the radio today who said that none of those individual drugs is particularly 'high risk' and even taking a combination of them wouldn't necessarily cause death. I can't remember the term he used but he said that they relieve symptoms very quickly so you don't need to take them in large quantities to be effective and even if you do OD they won't usually kill you unless you pass out and inhale vomit which is the usual cause of death in these situations. Apparently HL hadn't done that so it's a bit of a mystery OR there are certain important details we are not being told. His family certainly seem to be looking at this whole tragedy through rose coloured glasses.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I think we're not being told everything, but whatever. If he had to take all that it means he's had so much harder shit in his system that the pills didn't do what he wanted them to do, so he stupidly took more and more. I still think the rolled up money is very interesting, but I don't think it matters anymore.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I haven't read all 6 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this has already been discussed. I know virtually nothing about overdoses, accidental or otherwise. Was Heath Ledger in pain when he died, or did he die in his sleep? It's sad to think he knew what was happening.

He killed himself. End of story. Can we please quit putting him on a pedestal, now?

I dont think he's on a pedestal. Oh maybe, but only for a while, so we can evaluate him and discuss his downfall. Then the adulators (me one of them) will tiptoe away again.
    Jack I swear.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    He killed himself. End of story. Can we please quit putting him on a pedestal, now?
    I think this pretty much sums up the recent hooplah.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    I haven't read all 6 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this has already been discussed. I know virtually nothing about overdoses, accidental or otherwise. Was Heath Ledger in pain when he died, or did he die in his sleep? It's sad to think he knew what was happening.
    IMO, Heath was a typical drug addict. He just kept trying to "chase the dragon" and took too many pills. I really don't think he was suicidal personally.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by CherryDarling View Post
    IMO, Heath was a typical drug addict. He just kept trying to "chase the dragon" and took too many pills. I really don't think he was suicidal personally.
    I agree, I was just wondering if someone feels a lot of pain when they overdose.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkly View Post
    I agree, I was just wondering if someone feels a lot of pain when they overdose.
    I don't think so. I think he just died in his sleep. When you OD on opiates, your breathing just stops usually, especially combined w/all of the downers he was taking.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^ I've heard OD'ing isn't as clean-cut as people think. Like drowning in your own vomit while your unconscious..stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    ^ I've heard OD'ing isn't as clean-cut as people think. Like drowning in your own vomit while your unconscious..stuff like that.
    Oh yeah, I've heard that too. I'm sure it's in no way pretty, vomiting, choking on blood, etc. I think there's many ways it can happen, but I'm not really an expert. Just relaying what I've read from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry gashes View Post
    I think we're not being told everything, but whatever. If he had to take all that it means he's had so much harder shit in his system that the pills didn't do what he wanted them to do, so he stupidly took more and more. I still think the rolled up money is very interesting, but I don't think it matters anymore.
    Yep, it probably doesn't matter, but people do snort prescription drugs...I've known people who did oxycontin that way.

Quote Originally Posted by DoveFeatheredRaven View Post
    I have been prescribed these when I had knee surgery or by my dentist after oral surgery or a tooth pull. They really didn't do a thing for me. I never felt like they were effective for pain.
    I have too and neither did anything for me - a friend of mine just had rotator cuff surgery with complications and he said he was popping 6 percocets and 12 advil a day and he still had no pain relief.

I'm convinced from talking to different people that opiates just don't work on some people.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Another Ledger autopsy discussion

Are Heath Ledger's Autopsy Results a Coverup?, page 1

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Yep, it probably doesn't matter, but people do snort prescription drugs...I've known people who did oxycontin that way.
    Yeah, thats true.
    My father would crush up a panadol and shoot it up.

I agree with whoever said he was a doctor shopper. He probably didn't tell all these doctors that he was on other medications. Theres a movie called Drugstore Cowboy - where addicts rob drug stores and steal prescription medications. In the meantime they are on speed and other illegal drugs. They just want a fix. Anyone who abuses prescription drugs is still a drug addict.

One thing is for sure; when he took that combination he wasn't in a right frame of mind. Who the hell would take so many pills? He was either a)out of it and it really was just a stupid accident, or I still think theres a possibility it was suicide - you'd have to be nuts to put that much shit in your body. Maybe he knew exactly what he was doing.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; February 7th, 2008 at 12:21 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information