Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger's cause of death released

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I still think it's *possible* that Heath committed suicide though. He seemed like a smart guy. Any person with sense knows that it is very dangerous to mix painkillers and sleeping meds, especially more than one kind of each. If he had taken a bunch of one drug in particular to commit suicide, that would've been obvious. But by taking several kinds at once, it blurs the "intentional" into "accidental". Maybe he wanted to die but he didn't want the stigma of suicide for his survivors.

(I had put this in the other thread too)
    Nah, when druggies are looking for their high, it is ever elusive.....and they keep taking more and different things until they can't get any higher....which is usually when their breathing and heart stop.....

Nonaddicted people don't do massive amounts of drugs....legal or illegal....it's all the same.......looking to escape reality for a while becomes a continuous search for the "high" which only stops when they get into recovery, or go to prison....or die.....

Addicts do drugs. It's what they do......sometimes....they die.....it sucks, but it is what it is.....

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine. We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."

In Anna Nicole Smith's body:

Trichloroethanol (a sedative and hypnotic)
    Trichloroacetic acid (treatment of warts, including genital warts)
    Diphenhydramine hydrochloride (an antihistimine and sedative)
    Clonazepam (aka Klonopin; used for treating anxiety)
    Diazepam (muscle relaxant, used for treating anxiety, insomnia)
    Nordiazapam (sedative)
    Temazepam (a sedative and hypnotic)
    Oxazepam (a muscle relaxant and sedative)
    Lorazapam (anti-nausea, sedative, muscle relaxant)

Drug addicts.

Maybe the Heath fantards will stop saying that he wasn't a junkie now and stop with all their retarded speculations. Hopefully this is enough proof for them, but I am sure they will come up with reasons why he wasn't a druggie even though he had enough drugs in his system to kill several people.

It's sad when a young life is lost, but shit like this happens when you're a junkie. Don't do drugs kids!

Eh, he was a good actor but I'm not torn up and weeping about the injustice of it all. I have very little sympathy and tolerance for junkies. He was young, he was rich, his career was going great and most of all, he had a beautiful little girl. He obviously didn't appreciate any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    Maybe the Heath fantards will stop saying that he wasn't a junkie now and stop with all their retarded speculations. Hopefully this is enough proof for them, but I am sure they will come up with reasons why he wasn't a druggie even though he had enough drugs in his system to kill several people.

It's sad when a young life is lost, but shit like this happens when you're a junkie. Don't do drugs kids!
    Nah, it won't be enough. If they were all legally prescribed drugs, the excuses will continue.

No coke or heroin? No junkie.

That sure was a hell of a cocktail.

I've always had anxiety problems & I have Diazapam with me all the time for when I get especially nervous. I only took it once & felt like sleeping for hours.

I know I'm probably doing worst, I am totally aware of that but I don't want to put that kind of shit into my body.

I have a smoke & a tea or go for a walk or even lock myself in a room & scream out loud. It works for me. Anything but that kind of addictive meds, they scare the hell of me as I know I have an addictive personality already.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Nah, it won't be enough. If they were all legally prescribed drugs, the excuses will continue.

No coke or heroin? No junkie.
    I thought Percocet was an opiate (from poppies) just like heroin. Drugs are drugs whether you obtain them legally or not.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

It is an opiate. It's not quite like heroin. In fact, good studies show that people who take them for the right reasons, for the right period of time, have little risk of addiction. They are often given for acute pain (after injury, after surgery etc) and people do quite well. People who use them for sleep alone or find they need them in increasing amounts tend to run in to trouble. Alternatively, if someone has had addiction issues in the past, they are at a high risk when taking these meds. Sometimes though, the benefits of taking pain meds outweight the risks.

Another thing to add is that you know what you're getting when you take Rx pills. The quanity you ingest and it's half life are known. When you take heroin or other street drugs, you have no idea what else might be mixed in.

Sad and totally senseless. My take is that he was filming all over the place and got new prescriptions in every new place. I know they are supposed to ask you if you are on any other medication but shouldn't a doc check medical history before prescribing a drug?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post

Well this fantard will say that I'm going to be sad for a long time to come that I won't be seeing him in anything new and that he won't just show up on my doorstep and sweep me away doesn't matter to me how he died.
    Last edited by Tati; February 6th, 2008 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Eh, he was a good actor but I'm not torn up and weeping about the injustice of it all. I have very little sympathy and tolerance for junkies. He was young, he was rich, his career was going great and most of all, he had a beautiful little girl. He obviously didn't appreciate any of it.
    I agree completely, it's hard to sympathize with junkies. Especially because he had a little girl. His poor daughter will grow up without a father, and all because he couldn't stop chasing his high. Nice.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yep!

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Sad and totally senseless. My take is that he was filming all over the place and got new prescriptions in every new place. I know they are supposed to ask you if you are on any other medication but shouldn't a doc check medical history before prescribing a drug?
    They should, and very often they will request a list of med that you are currently on but if someone wants something and kn w they are on something else and similar it's quite easy to lie.

Some doctors are also careless or prescribe drugs that they don't know much about but the pharmaceutical company is pushing for them to give out. ( I don't think this was the case for Heath).

You don't prescribe Percocets when you have a patient already taking Vicodin - the over use of one will already rebound you that you need more and m ore of the drug - doubling up on the two meds together is a drug addiction.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I agree completely, it's hard to sympathize with junkies. Especially because he had a little girl. His poor daughter will grow up without a father, and all because he couldn't stop chasing his high. Nice.

I don't think he was chasing high, I think he was trying escape pain - well, I guess it's the same thing depending on how you look at it.

It's a shame he didn't do rehab and detox he may have had a chance or he would have ended up the same way later on.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

It is so easy to doctor shop though. I won't give out specifics for obvious reasons but it's extremely easy for a patient to get narcotics and benzos with the right story. Add to that the fact that celebs are seen in many cities and countries. THey use many pharmacies as well. Like I said, I won't give specifics but anyone with any interest can find a way to get inappropriate medicine combination if they want to.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

EWWW I TOOK temazepam once and it gave me the worst headache ever!!! and i never get headaches so that was the last time i took that shit!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information