Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger autopsy results?

Silver Member

yeah I agree Sarzy. It's the James Dean effect isn't it? And I thought he overacted in all 3 of his films! Heath just comes across as a 'cool' actor who was very selfish, highly narcissistic and like most actors, incredibly insecure. No different than most of the hollywood set.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    ^ Is it wrong to find that a tiny bit amusing? It kind of sums up the overreaction when a celeb dies and suddenly becomes worshiped more than when they were alive.

TMZ is reported "acute intoxication" as the official cause of death.

Hit By Ban Bus!

is it so hard to say "DRUG OVERDOSE".... instead rambling about crap.

Quote Originally Posted by curlysem View Post
    is it so hard to say "DRUG OVERDOSE".... instead rambling about crap.
    Just got CNN Breaking news email that it was "accidental prescription drug overdose".
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Accidental pill overdose killed Ledger - Yahoo! News

By AMY WESTFELDT, Associated Press Writer
    5 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of painkillers, sleeping pills, anti-anxiety medication and other prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner said Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The cause of death was "acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement.

The drugs are the generic names for the painkiller OxyContin, the anti-anxiety drugs Valium and Xanax, and the sleep aids Restoril and Unisom. Hydrocodone is another name for ibuprofen.

Borakove wouldn't say what concentrations of each drug were found in Ledger's blood, or whether one drug played a greater part than another in causing his death.

"What you're looking at here is the cumulative effects of these medications together," she said.

The ruling comes two weeks after the 28-year-old Australian-born actor was found dead in the bed of his rented SoHo apartment. Police found bottles of six types of prescription drugs, including sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medication, in his bedroom and bathroom.

Ledger was discovered by his masseuse on Jan. 22 after she arrived for an appointment that afternoon. She entered his bedroom to set up for the massage and found him unresponsive, and proceeded to call Mary-Kate Olsen three times over the next 9 minutes before dialing 911. Ledger had been dead for some time, and police say no foul play occurred.

Ledger, nominated for an Oscar for his role in "Brokeback Mountain," had returned to New York from London days before his death, where he had been filming a $30 million Terry Gilliam film. He said in a November interview that his most recent completed roles in the Batman movie "The Dark Night" and Bob Dylan biopic "I'm Not There" had taken a toll, saying he couldn't sleep.

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told The New York Times. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going." He said he had taken two Ambien pills, which only gave him an hour of sleep.

Ledger's family returned to the actor's hometown of Perth, Australia on Tuesday to prepare for his funeral. Arrangements were private.

In a statement released through Ledger's publicist, Ledger's father, Kim, said Wednesday: "While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

Sorry but I have a hard time with them calling it accidental when he took 6 meds at levels higher than prescribed. Sounds like a death wish to me.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Hydrocodone is NOT ibuprofen. Ibuprofen is generic Advil, and hydrocodone is generic vicodins.

Why was he on two different pain medications? Did he have some sort of chronic pain condition?

Two different pain meds, two different anti-anxiety meds, and two different sleeping drugs. How can one not worry about mixing all that?

isnt oxycontin basically like heroin in terms of addictive capability?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    isnt oxycontin basically like heroin in terms of addictive capability?
    I think that's the stuff that's called 'Hillbilly Heroin'

Pot's illegal but it's okay to prescribe enough stuff to kill a horse?

Quote Originally Posted by roslyntaberfan View Post
    I think that's the stuff that's called 'Hillbilly Heroin'
    Ya. My pops got some after a back surgery and the doc told him to keep it on the down low b/c peeps will break into your house for that shit.

I wish I had tried it when I had the chance.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by kalirga View Post
    Ya. My pops got some after a back surgery and the doc told him to keep it on the down low b/c peeps will break into your house for that shit.

I wish I had tried it when I had the chance.
    I tried it once, and it made me sooo fucking sick. I didn't even take a whole pill and thought I was going to die. I'm not one to pass on a high, but I have never touched that stuff again.

Silver Member

sounds like an excuse to say it was legal substances and just an unfortunate and accidental overdose. What kind of doctor prescribes all that crap for a young man of 29? Did he have an injury? Most of what's listed are legal alternatives to most junkies medicine cabinets anyway.

Our society is so focused on a fast cure for everything. If we feel a twinge we run to the Dr. They then prescribe meds because the pharmaceutical company rep was just in telling them how great the drug is and in many cases, what kick back they will get. There is little concern for whether or not their patient will become addicted. I just had to change Drs for my health plan and interviewed 3 different doctors. Only 1 even bothered to ask if there was any history of addiction as part of my medical history. Perhaps the other 2 would have asked down the road if I need a script, but I doubt they would have. It is far too easy to get scripts for drugs that are not needed but are often abused.

Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    sounds like an excuse to say it was legal substances and just an unfortunate and accidental overdose. What kind of doctor prescribes all that crap for a young man of 29? Did he have an injury? Most of what's listed are legal alternatives to most junkies medicine cabinets anyway.

The same reason why people like Elvis got prescribed anything and everything they wanted

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information