Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heartbreak for Keira Knightley and Julie Christie at the BAFTAs

Snubbed... SNUBBED?

They weren't SNUBBED goddammit! Someone else with talent won it instead of them. That's all there is to it.

Marion Cotillard looks stunning. She has the look I love; fresh, natural and beautiful. I hope she stays this way. Gorgeous.
    ssabmud

Quote Originally Posted by CCkissesx View Post
    Snubbed... SNUBBED?

They weren't SNUBBED goddammit! Someone else with talent won it instead of them. That's all there is to it.
    Exactly. It annoys me so much that the papers were saying that. Oh Keira was snubbed. Yeah, right. She's lucky to get nominated, the girl can't act to save her life. I wish she'd just go away. As you can tell I'm a big fan of hers...

Keira... needs to eat something
    Marion... looks adorable
    Javier... is the hotness
    What the fuck is Jessica Biel doing there?

Marion was so amazing in La vie en rose, a true performance and not just an imitation ( jamie foxx anyone? )
    I find quite annoying that this article refers to her as a 'starlet', maybe Keira can be a 'starlet' but not someone like marion who can give such a huge performance

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Marion Cotillard, despite her rather interesting dress, gave the sweetest speech when she won (i watched it). She was lovely. Every time they showed Keira Knightly, mr. butt and I made whinnying noises because she really did look like a horse. Emily Blunt looked fantastic and Tilda Swinton is unbelievably cool. Really, I can't describe how great I think that woman is and what a fab thank you speech she gave. Funny, unassuming, slightly self-mocking and just cooool.

Elmer Fudd, erm, Jonathan Ross, was slightly amusing for a change while Sylverster Stallone was ridiculous. The funny thing is, after watching my first Bafta's, I was impressed at how laid back the brits were about awards shows when compared to American awards shows. They let the winners give their speeches without drowning them out with music after 20 seconds and the speeches themselves were generally witty and funny and heartfelt. I don't think anyone thanked god, which was a nice change, and they freely insulted themselves, the show and everyone else. Good times!
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Marion Cotillard, despite her rather interesting dress, gave the sweetest speech when she won (i watched it). She was lovely. Every time they showed Keira Knightly, mr. butt and I made whinnying noises because she really did look like a horse. Emily Blunt looked fantastic and Tilda Swinton is unbelievably cool. Really, I can't describe how great I think that woman is and what a fab thank you speech she gave. Funny, unassuming, slightly self-mocking and just cooool.

Elmer Fudd, erm, Jonathan Ross, was slightly amusing for a change while Sylverster Stallone was ridiculous. The funny thing is, after watching my first Bafta's, I was impressed at how laid back the brits were about awards shows when compared to American awards shows. They let the winners give their speeches without drowning them out with music after 20 seconds and the speeches themselves were generally witty and funny and heartfelt. I don't think anyone thanked god, which was a nice change, and they freely insulted themselves, the show and everyone else. Good times!
    Maybe that's because they don't have 983 categories?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

i can't wait to see la vie en rose (la mome). i keep hearing such great things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    BTW I wonder what happend to Samantha Morton? She looks quite "voluptuous" as they say.. I'm glad Tilda won - she's a great actress IMO.
    i recently read that samantha morton had a baby in january. i think she looks great.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

There weren't all that many less than at the Oscars, particularly since the Oscars hand out half the awards (the non-star ones) in a separate, non-televised ceremony. I think if they spent less time blowing smoke up each other's asses the Oscars could be just as cool.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    i recently read that samantha morton had a baby in january. i think she looks great.
    Well, that would explain certainly it. I think she looks good too - just bigger than last time I saw her.
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

Kiera's so overrated. Marion deserved to win

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information