Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree2158Likes

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

OCD, that’s horrible. It’s upsetting to still have incidents like that pop up in the mind. I can relate.
    OCD and Wisher like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Jessica Chastain hasn't been shy tweeting about this subject. Here's just one tweet

@Jes_Chastain - 'I was warned from the beginning. The stories were everywhere. To deny that is to create an enviornment for it to happen again.'

Don't think she's buying Meryl's statement either.

OCD- That is sick. Sorry that happened to you

Elite Member

OCD -- I'm so sorry. Horrible.
    OCD and Wisher like this.

Glenn Close's statement was what I had hoped Meryl's would be.
    OCD, Wisher, arie_skop and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadestone View Post
    Glenn Close's statement was what I had hoped Meryl's would be.
    I read somewhere that Meryl Streep called him God at the 2012 Golden Globes. Even if she said it as a joke I'm disappointed, by 2012 his behavior was already common knowledge.
    OCD, Mrs P, Wisher and 2 others like this.

OCD

I wish Hollywood women would pool their resources and shut men out of film producing.

dead yet?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by redcat View Post
    I read somewhere that Meryl Streep called him God at the 2012 Golden Globes. Even if she said it as a joke I'm disappointed, by 2012 his behavior was already common knowledge.
    Judi Dench has Harvey's name tattooed on her rear end. I thought it was a joke at first, but supposedly she showed it to Harvey and a few other people in a bar,.

I'm going to say this about rumors. Why should someone automatically believe them? There was a rumor about me in high school that I serviced every member of the football team. Guess what? Shockingly, it wasn't true and I guess I'm lucky there wasn't social media for people to publicly shame me for something they didn't 100% know was happening.

So are we taking bets on whether the wife divorces him or not? I feel bad for their kids.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I'm going to say this about rumors. Why should someone automatically believe them? There was a rumor about me in high school that I serviced every member of the football team. Guess what? Shockingly, it wasn't true and I guess I'm lucky there wasn't social media for people to publicly shame me for something they didn't 100% know was happening.

So are we taking bets on whether the wife divorces him or not? I feel bad for their kids.
    It will be interesting to see. Supposedly, he really helped propel her brand by influencing celebrities to wear the stuff. Now, not only does she not have that, but there will be a seriously negative association whenever someone hears the name. Unsurprisingly, Harvey's first wife (who I think he had two kids with) was also way out of his league and even came from a wealthy family.

Jesus, it get's worse and worse.
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...social_twitter
    I cannot quote parts of it, because it is all so awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    Jesus, it get's worse and worse.
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...social_twitter
    I cannot quote parts of it, because it is all so awful.
    In the second freaking paragraph you have an assault on Asia Argento who was an established actress with a famous and influential father. I think that dramatically increases the number of people who could have been hurt by him.
    Kittylady likes this.

^^ From the New Yorker article:
    Asia Argento, an Italian film actress and director, told me that she did not speak out until now––Weinstein, she told me, forcibly performed oral sex on her—because she feared that Weinstein would “crush” her. “I know he has crushed a lot of people before,” Argento said. “That’s why this story—in my case, it’s twenty years old, some of them are older—has never come out.”
    Jesus, the exact same story over and over. Asia Argento landed magazine covers as The Next Big Thing that no one had ever heard of (in the US). And then subsequently vanished.
    Kittylady likes this.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

fgg

Harvey Weinstein is now accused of rape

Harvey Weinstein allegedly forced oral sex on two aspiring actresses — and raped one of his employees, the women claimed in a stunning New Yorker story published Tuesday.

Italian actress Asia Argento, 42, told the magazine that she’s never come forward with the shocking allegations, which date back almost three decades, until now — fearing that the powerful movie mogul would “crush her.”

“I know he has crushed a lot of people before,” Argento said. “That’s why this story — in my case, it’s 20 years old, some of them are older — has never come out.”

The New Yorker dropped its exposé days after a similar New York Times story ran last Thursday claiming the polarizing Weinstein Company co-founder sexually harassed young women in the industry for nearly three decades, resulting in settlements with at least eight of them.

Journalist Ronan Farrow, who penned the New Yorker piece, said he interviewed 13 women over 10 months, including Argento and Lucia Evans, a former aspiring actress, who claimed Weinstein either sexually harassed or assaulted them between the 1990s and 2015.

Evans said she was approached by Weinstein in 2004 at club Cipriani Upstairs.

She said the film titan first lured her with promises of movie scripts before forcing her to give him oral sex during a solo meeting at his Miramax office in Tribeca.

“I said, over and over, ‘I don’t want to do this, stop, don’t,’” she said. “I tried to get away, but maybe I didn’t try hard enough. I didn’t want to kick him or fight him.” In the end, she said, “He’s a big guy. He overpowered me.” At a certain point, she added, “I just sort of gave up. That’s the most horrible part of it, and that’s why he’s been able to do this for so long to so many women: people give up, and then they feel like it’s their fault.”

A third woman, who did not give her name but said she worked with Weinstein, said she was called to meet him at a hotel, where her bathrobe-clad boss “forced himself on me sexually” even though she told him no repeatedly.

She said she considered going to the police but ultimately didn’t, explaining, “I thought it would be a ‘He said, she said,’ and I thought about how impressive his legal team is, and I thought about how much I would lose, and I decided to just move forward.”

Harvey Weinstein is now accused of rape | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg

Harvey Weinstein admits to groping model on police recording

The NYPD caught disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein apologizing on tape for groping an Italian model and admitting that he was “used to” behaving that way, according a bombshell new report.

Cops with the Special Victims Division outfitted Ambra Battilana Gutierrez with a wire one day after she told them Weinstein had grabbed her breasts and tried to put his hand up her skirt during a March 2015 business meeting in his Tribeca office, according to the New Yorker magazine.

Weinstein met Gutierrez, then 22, days earlier at a reception for Radio City Music Hall’s “New York Spring Spectacular” — which he was producing — and told her she looked like actress Mila Kunis, the report says.

Following the alleged incident in his office, Gutierrez met Weinstein at the bar of the Tribeca Grand Hotel, where the recording reportedly captured him bragging about the many actresses whose careers he advanced and repeatedly urging her to go with him to a room upstairs.

Outside the door to Weinstein’s room, the report says, Gutierrez refused to enter and instead asked him why he had attacked her the day before.

“Oh, please, I’m sorry, just come in,” Weinstein reportedly replies.

“I’m used to that. Come on. Please.”

Gutierrez then asks: “You’re used to that?”

“Yes,” Weinstein says, adding: “I won’t do it again.”

Two weeks later, the Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance Jr. decided not to press charges, with a spokeswoman saying: “After analyzing the available evidence, including multiple interviews with both parties, a criminal charge is not supported.”

“We had the evidence,” the source said.

“It’s a case that made me angrier than I thought possible, and I have been on the force a long time.”

Gutierrez told the magazine she was unable to discuss the incident, with a source saying she had had accepted a payment in exchange for signing a confidentiality agreement and an affidavit stating that Weinstein never did what he admitted on the recording.

Harvey Weinstein admits to groping model on police recording | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information