Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1229
Like Tree4089Likes

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

Georgina Chapman and Adrien Brody Are Dating After Her Divorce from Harvey Weinstein: Source

PEOPLE confirms Georgina Chapman is dating Adrien Brody two years after her split from Harvey Weinstein

Georgina Chapman has moved on from her marriage to Harvey Weinstein, who was convicted on two counts of rape and sexual assault on Monday.

The fashion designer, 43, is dating 46-year-old Oscar winner Adrien Brody, PEOPLE confirms. The two were first linked last fall by various reports.

Brody starred in 2006’s Hollywoodland, a film co-produced by Weinstein’s former company, Miramax Films.

This is Chapman’s first relationship since splitting from Weinstein, 67, in 2017 after he was accused of sexual assault by multiple women, including prominent actresses. He was convicted on two accusations in a New York City court on Monday, with a jury of seven men and five women finding him guilty of rape in the third degree and criminal sexual act in the first degree.

Weinstein and Chapman, who share two young kids, married in 2007 and reached a divorce settlement in January 2018. Weinstein paid Chapman a divorce agreement worth roughly $15 to $20 million, a source told PEOPLE in 2018. Chapman also got primary custody of their two children.

Chapman announced she was leaving Weinstein in October 2017, saying in a statement obtained by PEOPLE at the time, “My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions.”

“I have chosen to leave my husband,” she said. “Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time.”

Chapman continues to lead her fashion brand Marchesa and has gotten the support of prominent Hollywood figures like Scarlett Johansson and Priyanka Chopra Jonas, who have both worn Marchesa designs on the red carpet in the wake of the scandal. She started the brand in 2004.

The designer spoke out for the first time about the allegations against her ex in a May 2018 Vogue interview, seven months after the scandal first broke.

“There was a part of me that was terribly naive — clearly, so naive. I have moments of rage, I have moments of confusion, I have moments of disbelief,” she said. “And I have moments when I just cry for my children. What are their lives going to be? What are people going to say to them? It’s like, they love their dad. They love him. I just can’t bear it for them.”

Chapman told the magazine she “never” knew of Weinstein’s alleged behavior, making the revelations more shocking.

“That’s what makes this so incredibly painful: I had what I thought was a very happy marriage. I loved my life,” she said. “I was so humiliated and so broken… that… I, I, I… didn’t think it was respectful to go out.”

She continued, “I thought, ‘Who am I to be parading around with all of this going on?’ It’s still so very, very raw. I was walking up the stairs the other day and I stopped; it was like all the air had been punched out of my lungs.”

Chapman told the magazine she “never” knew of Weinstein’s alleged behavior, making the revelations more shocking.

“That’s what makes this so incredibly painful: I had what I thought was a very happy marriage. I loved my life,” she said. “I was so humiliated and so broken… that… I, I, I… didn’t think it was respectful to go out.”
    I don't know why she says this bullshit, maybe she's trying to protect her kids or something, but come off it lady. I watched a re-run of 30 Rock where Jenna says something like "I managed to avoid having sex with Harvey Weinstein 3 times... out of 5" and that show finished 7 years ago.

Was she living in a very luxurious cave?
    fgg, palta, Kittylady and 8 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

czb

the power of denial is strong. at least she came around. unlike bill cosby's wife.

denial but also he was probably an entirely different person with her than with the actresses he had complete power over, so it's very easy to either ignore the rumours or think they're made up.

just like i can believe he never put the moves on gwyneth paltrow because she was protected by her privilege of coming from a hollywood family and steven spielberg is her godfather and of course weinstein was smart enough to know that if he tried anything she was close to people even more powerful than him.
    czb, Kittylady, DawnM74 and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^I'm sure that's all true but I bet Gwyneth still knew about it and had heard the rumours (and because I dislike her I'm going to assume she was a smug bitch about it).

But when it's not only in gossip columns, but even network television shows are making jokes about him, it's hard to believe his wife "never" knew and it was all so "shocking".
    Kittylady, DawnM74, rollo and 1 others like this.

^
    I read this and it paints another picture:

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/10/75938...cted-weinstein
    lindsaywhit likes this.

you can hear the rumors but when the person you know is nothing like what the rumors are describing, it's very easy to dismiss, especially in an industry where rumors are very common and often untrue. people are predisposed to believe the best of the people close to them. i also think georgina was fine with harvey fucking around on the side but probably didn't know that most of those encounters weren't consensual.

i do think that's changing though. weinstein may only have been convicted of the lesser charges but if there's one thing that will come out of his case and the Me Too movement in general, it's precisely that people will believe women more than before, and put more stock in the so-called 'whisper network' that developed around these men and that previously could be easily brushed off and dismissed.
    Kittylady, Lofty Bike and Shinola like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^OK I skimmed that and they did say nice things about Gwynnie, so I take back the smug bitch comment (with respect to this whole Weinstein thing, I still hate GOOP).
    sprynkles, Lofty Bike, czb and 1 others like this.

Who is next, Les Moonves? The accounts from the women that he traumatised are just as bad as what Weinstein was up to.
    sprynkles likes this.

I think this heifer is full of shit. She couldn't NOT know what he was up to. I totally believe the decision to be with him (or at least to stay with him) was business.

Fuck her and her ugly dresses.
    Sylkyn, DawnM74, Kittylady and 3 others like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by palta View Post
    ^
    I read this and it paints another picture:

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/10/75938...cted-weinstein
    That's quite an article - thanks for the link, Palta.
    palta likes this.

If youíve been in the orbit of a powerful person who also has high narcissism / psychopathy / dark triad shit going on (and you became aware of their machinations, because a lot of people never do ime), you know that Harvey was able to get away with this without Georgina really understanding he was raping and assaulting people. People project their own decency onto others, and they also believe what is easiest to believe and they believe what is safest for them to believe.

Iím no particular fan of Georgina Chapman, but Iím not going to pillory her for her former husbandís actions when thereís no evidence she knew the true extent of what heíd done.
    sputnik and czb like this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    I’m no particular fan of Georgina Chapman, but I’m not going to pillory her for her former husband’s actions when there’s no evidence she knew the true extent of what he’d done.
    I'm not blaming her for what he did, I'm side-eyeing her claims that she "never" knew that her husband had the reputation for being a gross exploiter of the casting-couch, to the point they were making jokes about it on network comedy shows.

If she had said she was in denial, or was wearing blinkers to protect her family, I'd give her props for being truthful. But if I knew Harvey Weinstein was a predator for over a decade, and I live on the other side of the world, then I'm pretty confident his wife was aware of it too.
    Kittylady, palta, MsDark and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    ^OK I skimmed that and they did say nice things about Gwynnie, so I take back the smug bitch comment (with respect to this whole Weinstein thing, I still hate GOOP).
    I don't like her either, that's why that transcript surprised me.

This is the part I'm talking about (Sorry I just copied the link yesterday, didn't have time to highlight the Goopy mentions):

GROSS: I want to ask you about Gwyneth Paltrow's role in all of this. She wouldn't talk to you on the record for your first story. But she helped you find other women who had been sexually harassed or assaulted by Harvey Weinstein. So tell us a little bit about what her story was and why she didn't want to talk with you on the record.

KANTOR: So to our surprise, Gwyneth Paltrow had a really powerful story of sexual harassment by Harvey Weinstein and of being threatened when her first really important roles were on the line. And early on in the investigation, when almost nobody in Hollywood would talk to us, she did. And she even tried to help us find other women. But she was very scared to go on the record. And it became clear, in the course of the investigation, that Harvey Weinstein was obsessed with the question of whether or not we were speaking to Paltrow.

He showed up at a party at her house early. She called us from the bathroom completely panicked. In the sort of series of final confrontations about the story that took place at the New York Times, Weinstein kept hammering us. Are you talking to Gwyneth? Is Gwyneth in the story? And at that point, she was still a totally secret source. And we couldn't figure out why he was so obsessed with something that wasn't even part of the story. The answer only became clear over a course of weeks and months after we broke the story.

As more and more Weinstein victims came forward, they said publicly, they told us and they even told Paltrow that what Weinstein had said to them, in the course of harassing or assaulting them, was essentially, don't you want what Gwyneth has? Meaning, he was implying to them that she had slept with him and that this was the bargain of sex to - sex for work, right? If you go along with this, you can have the Oscar, the wealth, the fame, the golden girl status.

So essentially, what we - two things happened. First of all, Paltrow was very, very upset to learn this. Not only had she never sexually succumbed to Weinstein, but she was so horrified to find out that she had been used, essentially, as a tool of predation. She spent a long time on the phone in the fall of 2017 with other Weinstein victims coming to terms with the way he had used her and with feeling like she had somehow been used as an accessory in this.

But then the other thing we finally realized is that this was probably why he had been so obsessed with whether or not we were talking to Paltrow - because as soon as other women heard Paltrow's story and heard that she had never given in to him and that she had refused him, then they would understand so much more about the way his scheme worked and that it would all fall apart, in a sense.
    faithanne and Nevan like this.

I recall the rumor about Gwyneth blowing HW, Brad finding out, and this being one of the supposed reasons for their break up...and that at the time it was not unthinkable. I think if she hadn't been who she was (parents) and dating who she was (Brad) he probably would/could have just made sure she faded into obscurity for rejecting him. Yes I do think he's that petty and evil.

Though I make fun of her often here, I actually do feel bad for Goop about what she went through with this asshole. I think she was extremely lucky she "got away" relatively unscathed. I have to wonder what kind of bubble some of these famous people live in that they've never heard some of the most popular rumors circulating for years about themselves.

Maybe she didn't care what he said about her until she found out he was using it as a lure to abuse other women.
    sputnik, Nevan and Beeyotch like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Thread Information