Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree3515Likes

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

What a hard, swift fall that was. Deservedly so.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Elite Member

I particularly hate how the board members blame the would-be buyer for the bankruptcy. No, the board looked the other way, while Weinstein acted horribly while on company pay. This lack of accountability is exactly why you are headed for bankruptcy.

While we deeply regret that your actions have led to this unfortunate outcome for our employees, our creditors and any victims, we will now pursue the Board’s only viable option to maximize the Company’s remaining value: an orderly bankruptcy process.
    louiswinthorpe111 and Angeli like this.

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    "Shakespeare in Receivership"
    "Pulp Auction"
    "The English Plaintiff"

^^^(snort) Who gave Mo the 'puns and poetry' happy pill?

He mainlines that shit all day, all by himself.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

'He's an ass boil that does not go away': Jennifer Lawrence blasts Harvey Weinstein during visit to The Late Show

Jennifer Lawrence blasts Harvey Weinstein on chat show | Daily Mail Online

She's changed her tune. Wasn't she going to take a year off and shut up for a bit?
    Angeli, DawnM74 and o0Amber0o like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

Aww, and before Weinstein used a letter from Lawrence in his defense, she thought he was paternal. But now he's an arse boil?
    http://www.celebitchy.com/557785/jen...aternal_to_me/

I guess she's the type who DGAF, until it happens to her.
    rollo and DawnM74 like this.

Damned if you do. Damned if you don't.
    Kittylady and BrickHouse like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    She's changed her tune. Wasn't she going to take a year off and shut up for a bit?
    She'll take an year off from acting, but I'm not sure it means she won't be everywhere talking about her projects. Maybe she's planning to marry a prince. A bit too late. But maybe some minor european royals are still available.

'It's because I'm so miserable,' she joked.

Adding: 'It's not like a big dramatic thing…I'm going to be developing things and talking to kids about corruption'.
    I think the decision to take an year off and the recent turn against W are related. I don't know how, but they are.
    I know she's trying to be funny but I also think she might have a drinking problem. On several occasions she seemed drunk IMO.
    On Lawrence's request Colbert brought out some booze.

'This will help bring my soul back, I know it!' she exclaimed before knocking back her first shot.
    rollo likes this.

TIME UP

The NYPD Is Ready to Arrest Harvey Weinstein. Will District Attorney Cy Vance Finally Agree to Let It?

A police official says the department is ready to arrest the disgraced movie mogul for allegedly sexually assaulting Lucia Evans.

MICHAEL DALY

03.07.18 3:12 PM ET

The NYPD is prepared to collar Harvey Weinstein for felony sexual assault, a police official with direct knowledge of the case told The Daily Beast.
    “We’re ready to go with an arrest,” the official said yesterday afternoon.
    The NYPD is awaiting only a nod from Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance.

Earlier in the day, Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce was asked during a wide ranging press availability about the investigation into sexual assault allegations against Weinstein. Boyce replied that the detectives are still gathering evidence in the case and, “It is going very, very well.”
    Boyce then suggested that questions regarding the next step would be best addressed to Vance.
    “I would ask you to ask him,” Boyce said.

The Daily Beast did ask.

“We will decline,” a Vance spokesman said when asked for comment.
    According to police sources, the NYPD has been investigating five separate sexual assault allegations against Weinstein. One case is said to be particularly strong.
    The NYPD does not name sex crime victims, but the victim in this instance has spoken for publication about the alleged assault.

As she recounted in a 2017 New Yorker article by Ronan Farrow, Lucia Evans was a college student interested in an acting career when she met Weinstein at the Cipriani Upstairs nightspot in the summer of 2004. Weinstein offered her professional guidance and she imagined that was his intention she arrived at his office for a daytime meeting.
    As Evans subsequently recounted to Farrow and to detectives from the NYPD’s Special Victims Unit, Weinstein made his real purpose clear when he forced her to perform oral sex.

“I said, over and over, ‘I don’t want to do this, stop, don’t,’” she told Farrow. “He’s a big guy. He overpowered me.”
    The SVU has also been speaking to actress Paz de la Huerta, who told Vanity Fair that Weinstein threw her down on a bed and raped her in 2010. Detectives found both women believable. The Evans case is apparently the stronger of the two.
    The other three cases involving Weinstein are said to be still developing.

In the case involving Evans, one hurdle the SVU detectives reportedly faced was a reluctance on her part to deal with Vance’s office.
    One reason for Evans’ hesitation may have been Vance’s failure to authorize the SVU to arrest Weinstein for groping Ambra Battilana Gutierrez in 2015. Vance’s office declined—and left that victim all the more vulnerable to be smeared by the press—even though Gutierrez had immediately reported the incident and had subsequently recorded Weinstein making what amounted to a confession.
    “I won’t do it again,” Weinstein can be heard telling Battilana, implicitly admitting he had done it to her before.

In defending the decision not to prosecute, Chief Assistant DA Karen Friedman Agnifilo actually sought to blame the detectives, saying that before making the recording they should have first consulted with the “seasoned prosecutors” in her office.
    “While the recording is horrifying to listen to, what emerged from the audio was insufficient to prove a crime under New York law, which requires prosecutors to establish criminal intent,” Agnifilo said.
    Weinstein’s lawyers had reportedly insisted to the prosecutors that he had touched her breasts only to evaluate her as a possible lingerie model. He would have had a harder time explaining why he had reached under her skirt without criminal intent.
    “She was going to play the part of a gynecological patient in a movie?” a police official joked.

Another police official noted that the Manhattan DA routinely prosecutes subway gropers on far less evidence.
    “But they’re not Harvey Weinstein,” the other official noted.
    A Weinstein victim is liable to be all the more leery of going to the Manhattan DA since the mogul retained defense attorney Ben Brafman, whose law partners include Marc Agnifilo. He is the husband of Karen Friedman Agnifilo, who is said to have recused herself from any further involvement in anything Weinstein.

Evans eventually agreed to meet with the DA’s office after the SVU detectives offered to accompany her and remain while she was interviewed. She is said to have been as convincing with the prosecutors and she had been with the detectives.
    Evans, who has since married and moved on to interests unrelated to acting, seems to be as determined as the detectives are to follow through in the Weinstein case.
    She told The New Yorker: “I tried to get away, but maybe I didn’t try hard enough. I didn’t want to kick him or fight him… I just sort of gave up. That’s the most horrible part of it, and that’s why he’s been able to do this for so long to so many women: people give up, and then they feel like it’s their fault.”

She also recalled that Weinstein had seemed unconcerned about any possible consequences after the attack.
    “It was like it was just another day for him,” she said. “It was no emotion.”

A decade later, Weinstein seems bound for a day of reckoning. The SVU detectives had a few final details to chase down in recent days, but now they are ready to make the collar in at least one case. They only need Vance to give the go-ahead.
    According to several news accounts, Vance’s office has been looking into Weinstein’s finances, as regard to nondisclosure agreements with other accusers as well as in general. A number of people in his office had been subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury. The DA also hopes to subpoena Weinstein’s driver, though prosecutors were said at one point to be having difficulty locating him.

Meanwhile, the New York State Attorney General’s office has filed a civil suit against Weinstein’s company, charging it with “vicious and exploitative mistreatment” of employees., including “sexual harassment, intimidation, and other misconduct.”
    At the same time, the district attorney out in Los Angeles is reportedly examining a total of five cases of sexual assault by Weinstein that the police have referred to it for possible prosecution.
    But none of that precludes Vance from just going ahead and authorizing Weinstein's arrest in the Evans case. Weinstein is said to have stayed away from recent negotiations regarding the sale of his business because he feared he might be arrested if he came to New York.

He just might be if the detectives decide just to go ahead and make the collar with or without Vance’s approval.
    And the result could be a long prison term.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-ny...er&via=desktop
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

fgg

Georgina Chapman speaks: I was so naive about Harvey Weinstein

Georgina Chapman has broken her silence about sexual assault, harassment and misconduct allegations against her estranged husband Harvey Weinstein.

“I don’t want to be viewed as a victim because I don’t think I am. I am a woman in a s—t situation, but it’s not unique,” Chapman, 42, told Vogue in an interview released Thursday.

The Marchesa designer revealed that following reports of Weinstein’s alleged habitual sexual assault, harassment and misconduct, she didn’t go out in public for five months. She hid out with her close friend of 25 years, actor David Oyelowo, and his wife before staying in London with her parents.

“I was so humiliated and so broken … that I didn’t think it was respectful to go out,” she admitted. “I thought, ‘Who am I to be parading around with all of this going on?’ It’s still so very, very raw. I was walking up the stairs the other day and I stopped; it was like all the air had been punched out of my lungs.”

Chapman confessed she delayed seeing a therapist because she felt like she “didn’t deserve it” when so many other women had suffered. The stress took a physical toll on the British beauty, who says she lost 10 pounds in five days because she couldn’t keep food down after the revelation that the man she loved — and with whom she shares daughter India, 7, and son Dashiell, 5 — might be a monster.

She claimed it took “about two days” to absorb the information.

“My head was spinning. And it was difficult because the first article was about a time long before I’d ever met him, so there was a minute where I couldn’t make an informed decision,” she admitted. “And then the stories expanded and I realized that this wasn’t an isolated incident. And I knew that I needed to step away and take the kids out of here.”

“There was a part of me that was terribly naive — clearly, so naive,” she admitted. “I have moments of rage, I have moments of confusion, I have moments of disbelief! And I have moments when I just cry for my children. What are their lives going to be? What are people going to say to them? It’s like, they love their dad. They love him. I just can’t bear it for them.”

Weinstein has repeatedly denied all allegations of sexual harassment, misconduct and any non-consensual sexual activity. The former Miramax and Weinstein Company head is reportedly in the red and can barely afford child support payments for India and Dashiell.

Chapman, who announced her separation from Weinstein in October and was reportedly granted an eight-figure divorce settlement by January, was blindsided by the allegations because she claims she was never suspicious of Weinstein.

“That’s what makes this so incredibly painful: I had what I thought was a very happy marriage. I loved my life,” she said, adding, “I’ve never been one of those people who obsesses about where someone is.”

Chapman also explained that she feels there’s a duality to Weinstein.

“Well, he’s a wonderful father to my kids,” she said. “But initially? He’s charismatic. He’s an incredibly bright, very learned man. And very charitable. He paid for a friend of mine’s mother, who had breast cancer, to go to a top doctor. He was amazing like that. He is amazing like that. That is the tough part of this … this black-and-white thing … life isn’t like that. … He was a wonderful partner to me. He was a friend and a confidant and a supporter.”

But when asked about Weinstein’s current state of mind, Chapman snapped, “Clearly when I was married to him I didn’t know anything about his state of mind, so I’m probably not the best person to ask.”

As for the future of Marchesa, which recently dressed Scarlett Johansson for the Met Gala at the actress’ personal request, Chapman is cautiously optimistic about making a comeback following her split from Weinstein — and she wanted to make it crystal clear that the brand’s red carpet absence was a choice, not necessarily a consequence.

“We didn’t feel it was appropriate [to dress starlets] given the situation,” she said. “All the women who have been hurt deserve dignity and respect, so I want to give it the time it deserves. It’s a time for mourning, really… [But] a lot of people reached out and said, ‘Let me wear something.’”

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/10/georg...vey-weinstein/
    sprynkles and sputnik like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

And...her apology/comeback tour begins.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

“I don’t want to be viewed as a victim
    If you had to press your unadorned body up against his, you're a victim.
    Trixie and redcat like this.

I can't believe that people want to wear her dresses (again) as they are simply not pretty.
    rollo and idunno like this.

Thread Information