Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree3444Likes

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

I suppose it was just a matter of time before the 'fuck you oversensitive bitches for trying to ruin the career of an actor/comic/entertainer I liked!' backlash.

Fuck you, Dave Chappelle. The only way you can understand is if forced to watch say, the one of the last persons you would ever want to see naked not only whip it out, but "get off" in front of you. And oh yeah, that person is also your superior with lots of clout in your field. And represented by and makes a shit-ton of money for the same people who can make (or hinder) your career. That ever happen to you? Doubtful.

I'm guessing you wouldn't be ragging on the women in question if they were your daughters. That's different. <eyeroll> Guess what asshole? We're ALL someone's daughters!

Can Paul Sorvino just throw a punch at Louis C.K. while he's at it? And maybe knock some sense into Dave? I'd like to be able to laugh at him again.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Ugh, see? Dave Chapelle has fallen down this weird rabbit hole of defending indefensible shit (misogyny, homophobia, Bill Cosby) and not only is it tone deaf, it is decidedly UNFUNNY.

I can't with him anymore.

Anne Heche Says Weinstein Fired Her After Demanding Oral Sex

By Hunter Harris
    @hunteryharris

Anne Heche. Photo: Emma McIntyre/Getty Images

Harvey Weinstein allegedly fired Anne Heche from a project after she declined his sexual advances. In an interview with the podcast Allegedly With Theo Von & Matthew Cole Weiss, the Catfight star added her voice to the chorus of Weinstein-related #MeToos. “I personally did not suck Harvey’s dick, although he showed it to me, and I got out of the room before there was any physical contact,” Heche said. “The fact is, I was fired from a job that I had been hired for in Miramax.” Heche didn’t say what the project was, but noted that she was afraid of speaking up at the time, fearing the powerful producer’s retaliation. “The repercussions of standing up for yourself were as deep and targeted as some of the scars of the women who actually got more physically, unfortunately, involved. The efforts he made to have people followed, to have spies, to have threats, he fired people. You’re talking about girls; young actresses are very vulnerable … You were threatened the second you walk out the door.” Weinstein has denied all allegations of nonconsensual sex, and is seeking treatment in Arizona.

Sources

INDIEWIRE

Anne Heche Says Weinstein Fired Her After Demanding Oral Sex
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I'm having very mean and un-PC thoughts right now.
    Waterslide likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I'm having very mean and un-PC thoughts right now.
    Is public castration un-PC?

You know, it's funny because there have been a lot of actresses that fell off the radar during this Miramax time period and it's a really gross pattern. With Anne Heche, you could blame it on her OTT public relationship with Ellen or going off the rails in the desert, or it could be this. I remember seeing her in Donnie Brasco and I thought she was such a great actress. It's been a while, so maybe I'm wrong about that. But I also liked her on that Men in Trees show that came way later. Regardless, she was kind of sort of an it girl there for a while. Then nothing.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    I don't like Goop, she's just entitled. While CZJ can be unlikeable I do remember she's fighting a lot of demons with mental illness and while it doesn't excuse things she at least admits her faults.
    I'm from the same part of the World as Catherine Zeta Jones. I was admitted to hospital because I suffered a miscarriage late one night. I was lying in bed feeling sad and waiting for my husband to hug me and take me home. One of the nurses told me that CZJ was visiting the ward in the next couple of hours, would I like to see her? She would love to come and say hello to the ladies in the Mother and Child Unit at Singleton hospital, Swansea. I said I wouldn't mind at all, she was already a mother of one child and it would be something for me to pass the time until the gynaecologist was due to see and discharge me(hopefully!).
    Anyway, here she was standing in the doorway of my cubicle. She came in, no cameras, and gave me the biggest hug of my life!
    She sat on my bed for about 15 minutes and was one of the warmest and sweetest conversation which made me feel so much better than I'd felt since my admission to the unit. I cannot go into detail about our discussion but she did tell me that she understood how I was feeling.
    I asked her to do one tiny favour for me. "Please tell your husband how much I appreciated his role in bringing One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest to the big screen. It was one of my favourite books".
    She went to see some other ladies and before leaving the ward she put her head around the door and said "Take care, I'll give Michael your message".
    Two days later I went onto Facebook and found a DM from...........................Michael Douglas thanking me for my kind words about the movie, he'd produced, and he hoped that I would soon be on the mend! I was amazed, although he didn't come over to the UK on this visit, with CZJ, he'd missed having 'cwtches' from the people of Wales!
    I forgot to add, CZJ was only in the UK for about three days but still found time to call in to the hospital and visit us, average Joes!
    Soooooooo, I'll always have a soft spot for Michael, purely for making sure that a great book was made into a movie to be seen all around the World.
    And CZJ, I'll be her number one fan........just because she's good at hugging!x

Well. that's the first nice thing I've ever heard about her.
    Mrs Fawlty and dksnj like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

That's lovely, Mrs. Fawlty. Thanks for sharing your story.
    Mrs Fawlty and Mrs P like this.

Yes, thank you Mrs. Faulty. And so sorry for your loss.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Thank you guys. I really appreciate your kind words.
    Here's a bit of gossip about CZJ.......her father was given a speeding ticket some years back. Anyway, CZJ phoned the police and did the old "Do you know who I am" routine in an effort, to try and get them to withdraw the speeding ticket so that he wouldn't have points on his driving licence. The duty officer told her to get lost! HAHAHAHA!
    rollo, pinkbunnyslippers and Mrs P like this.

That's more like it!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    That's more like it!
    And every taxi driver in South Wales has a copy of the police recording where she is giving it large! Hahaha.
    sprynkles, rollo and Mrs P like this.

Harvey Weinstein Releases Ben Affleck's Email in Response to Rose McGowan Claims

Harvey Weinstein is publicly responding to claims made against him by Rose McGowan and he has released an email that Ben Affleck sent him this past summer to defend himself.

Rose says that Weinstein raped her and she talks about being assaulted by the disgraced producer at the Sundance Film Festival in 1997 in her new book “Brave.” She has also said that she told Affleckabout the assault, but the actor says in the email that he didn’t know about it.

“As a general matter, Harvey Weinstein and his attorneys have refrained from publicly criticizing any of the women who have made allegations of sexual assault against Mr. Weinstein despite a wealth of evidence that would demonstrate the patent falsity of these claims,” the producer’s lawyer Ben Brafman said in a statement. “Watching the ‘performance’ by Rose McGowan as she looks to promote her new book however, has made it impossible to remain quiet as she tries to smear Mr. Weinstein with a bold lie that is denied not only by Mr. Weinstein himself, but by at least two witnesses, including Ms. McGowan’s own Manager at the time who Ms. McGowan claims to have confided in the day after the alleged assault and an A-list actor Ben Affleck who Ms. McGowan claims to have also told about her encounter with Mr. Weinstein shortly after the incident she now describes as ‘rape,’ but which in 1997 she described to her Manager as a ‘consensual’ act of sex.”

This is the email that Weinstein‘s lawyer claims Ben sent to him: “I never saw Rose at any hotel in Sundance. She never told me nor did I ever infer that she was attacked by anyone. Any accounts to the contrary are false. I have no knowledge about anything Rose did or claimed to have done. Accounts otherwise are lies.”
    The email was reportedly sent on July 26, according to Deadline. This was before the scandal became public.
    Rose responded to this new development in the below tweet:

@rosemcgowan Fuck you you fucking douche bag loser from hell. You will burn. You will be an empty suit coffin. You go fall off the planet you fuck. #RoseArmy BREATHE FIRE let motherfucker but https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/01/30/harvey-weinstein-lawyer-calls-mcgowans-claims-bold-lie/1081293001/ …
    Harvey Weinstein Releases Ben Affleck?s Email in Response to Rose McGowan Claims | Ben Affleck, Harvey Weinstein, Rose McGowan : Just Jaredrose mcgowan

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Elite Member

Apparently, Rose said on Dr. Oz's show that the see-through mesh dress she wore to the VMAs back in the late 90s was a political statement. It was just after her rape.

I don't know if I believe that she was making a political statement. I think she's trying to justify why she would dress like that so soon after a traumatic experience. She was dating Marilyn Manson. Going to the VMAs. She doesn't need to justify anything. It's what she wore. If I remember correctly, she tended to dress provocatively. That was over the top but it was the VMAs. Doesn't excuse what happened. She could parade around naked and it still doesn't mean she's OK with unwanted sexual advances or assault. I don't think I'm explaining myself well, but I guess my point is that she doesn't have to explain a thing about that dress.

Truthfully, Rose McGowan is going off the rails. I get the movement, I get that you were traumatized by the rape. But her rage is reaching a whole other level.
    Daphodil, czb, Trixie and 5 others like this.

Thread Information