Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Like Tree2120Likes

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

I recall that Gwynneth BJ rumor.

Fuck me, I actually feel bad for Goopy if she had to fight this asshole off.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Gold Member

Not me. She STOLE the script for Shakespeare in Love from her roommate and best friend, Winona Ryder. That should have been Winona's role -- and she would have done a better job with it because Goopy isn't that good of an actress. Goopy then goes to Harvey Weinstein and does what she has to do to get the part. Then her parental connections and Weinstein's Oscar promotions win her the undeserved award. Blecch. She and Weinstein deserve each other.

Well that's how I always thought it went down. But it sounds like this guy was a legit creep so who knows.

I'd actually rather think Goopy was doing exactly what she wanted and being a backstabbing bitch to her friend.
    Wisher, Angeli and Kittylady like this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    I recall that Gwynneth BJ rumor.

Fuck me, I actually feel bad for Goopy if she had to fight this asshole off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    Not me. She STOLE the script for Shakespeare in Love from her roommate and best friend, Winona Ryder. That should have been Winona's role -- and she would have done a better job with it because Goopy isn't that good of an actress. Goopy then goes to Harvey Weinstein and does what she has to do to get the part. Then her parental connections and Weinstein's Oscar promotions win her the undeserved award. Blecch. She and Weinstein deserve each other.
    The rumor has been that Paltrow discovered the script at Ryder's place. And that she conspired to steal the role from Ryder.

However, Paltrow had already starred in 4 movies made or distributed by Weinstein - "Sliding Doors", "The Pallbearer", "Emma", and "Mrs Parker and the Vicious Circle". How would Paltrow NOT have known about this script before Ryder? And why would Paltrow need to convince Weinstein to cast someone who was already one of their go-to actors, over Ryder (whose only Miramax movie previously was "House of the Spirits")?
    Sassiness likes this.

Maybe the bj incident was before Shakespeare. And that's how she ended up in those movies that made her their go-to.

Quote Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
    I hated Goopy in that role, still cant believe she was awarded the best actress Oscar.

Maybe the bj incident was before Shakespeare. And that's how she ended up in those movies that made her their go-to.
    Three of the movies were before Shakespeare. I definitely can't say that Paltrow didn't have something going on with Harvey way earlier. But if she did, it makes the Winona Ryder story even less likely. Paltrow was scooping up a lot of roles in Miramax movies at the time and would have known about the existence of the script without finding out from Ryderw.

There could still be a scenario where Paltrow and Ryder were vying for the role and that Paltrow did something that Ryder wasn't willing to do. But considering Paltrow's existing relationship with Miramax, it seems like Ryder would have never had a chance in the first place.
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; October 8th, 2017 at 11:38 AM.

I know right!? And over Cate Blanchette in Elizabeth! Unbelievable!

OCD

Lisa Bloom is a real POS. I think her mom called her and told her what a big mistake she was making, and that’s why she dropped Harvey.

Quote Originally Posted by electrocuted_sheep View Post
    Honestly that was proof for me that the fix was in.

Harvey Weinstein Fired, Per TWC Board Of Directors

by Mike Fleming JrOctober 8, 2017 4:23pm
    BREAKING: The remaining members of the Board of Directors of The Weinstein Company have essentially fired Harvey Weinsten.
    Per a statement just released by the board:
    Below is a statement from the Weinstein Company Board of Representatives:
    “In light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, the directors of The Weinstein Company – Robert Weinstein, Lance Maerov, Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar – have determined, and have informed Harvey Weinstein, that his employment with The Weinstein Company is terminated, effective immediately.”
    This is the capper of a weekend in which Weinstein traveled to Los Angeles to fight for his job. Amidst volatile exchanges, the board asked him to resign. He would not do it. They asked to cash him out. He declined. So they fired him. It remains to be seen whether Weinstein will sue the board of directors, but after subsequent tawdry stories surfaced following the bombshell report by The New York Times, those board members have a fiduciary responsibility to act in the best interests of The Weinstein Company. Clearly,the decision was made that the company would not be able to survive what likely will be a continuing revelation of stories by women claiming they had been harassed over the years.
    So the board will go with Bob Weinstein as chairman (he had long been co-chairman with his brother), and David Glasser, who moves up from COO to CEO. Clearly there will be more to come on this, perhaps the most sudden and shocking story since Sony was hacked by the North Koreans.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/harvey-weinstein-fired-per-board-of-directors-1202184594/
    joebob, Sarzy and fgg like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Whoops, I was meant to quote Arie_Skop's post, my bad!
    arie_skop likes this.

Well, if Apple could "fire" Steve Jobs for being a douchebag, I'm guessing the also publically held TWC can fire a sex offender/pedophile. I'm wondering, for our legal eagles, can TWC be held liable for Harvey's actions while he was acting in a professional capacity for them?
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Quote Originally Posted by electrocuted_sheep View Post
    It was joke that Goopy won over Cate Blanchette, obviously her industry connections helped her score an Oscar....

Elite Member

I did not expect him to get sacked. I guess that means the rest of the board knows exactly how awful he has behaved, and that this is a Cosby-type situation. Pity, the board didn't act on their knowledge sooner.
    Wisher likes this.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information