Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree2158Likes

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Wow...this is a textbook Trump style response.

In a brief interview on Wednesday, Weinstein declined to comment on the charges.A
    “I’ve not been aware of this,” he said. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, honestly.”

In other words, I'm guilty of everything that I'm about to accused but I'm going to keep lying until you believe my lie.
    Yup, my new Saturday evening quote to my husband will be "I don't know who drank a bottle and half of wine. I don't know what you're talking about, honestly" when he comes home late from work.
    Slushie, emkat and Wisher like this.

We knew it all along.

These are all gossiprocks links:

Harvey Weinstein questioned for casting couch shenanigans

Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein is accused of groping a 22-year-old woman during a meeting over the weekend ... and NYPD officers have already questioned him.
    Harvey Weinstein will not face charges for allegedly groping a model during a business meeting in New York last month.

Rose McGowan accuses Hollywood boss of rape on Twitter

Rose did not name the man but says that the attack is an "open secret" in Hollywood.
    During a number of tweets, Rose says she has sought legal advice over the assault but was told she could not win her case.
    Lady Gaga also spoke in support of the hashtag, having previously revealed how she was raped by a music producer when she was a teenager.

Ashley Judd says she was sexually harassed by a film executive in the 90s

I was sexually harassed by one of our industry’s most famous, admired-slash-reviled bosses.
    Oh, come meet at the hotel for something to eat. Fine, I show up. Oh, he’s actually in his room. I’m like, Are you kidding me?
    “Will you watch me take a shower?” And all the other women, sitting around this table with me, said, “Oh my god—that’s what he said to me too.”

Gwyneth Paltrow "Shocked" After Director Offers Sex for Role

"When I was just starting out, someone suggested that we finish a meeting in the bedroom," she reveals.
    "I left. I was pretty shocked. I could see how someone who didn't know better might worry, 'My career will be ruined if I don’t give this guy a blow job!'"

Not to mention the blinds, so many blinds...
    CornFlakegrl, idunno and holly like this.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b046f5ad971ee5

EDITION US

ENTERTAINMENT 10/06/2017 07:03 pm ET Updated 6 hours ago
    Harvey Weinstein Will Reportedly Be Suspended From His Company

The news comes after The New York Times published an article detailing allegations of sexual harassment against the producer.

By Julia Brucculieri

Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein will be suspended from his role at the Weinstein Company following allegations of sexual harassment, the Associated Press reports.

Weinstein co-founded the film studio in 2005 with his brother, and has an ownership stake in it. It has produced some of Hollywood’s biggest hits, including “Django Unchained” and “The King’s Speech.”

Weinstein’s brother may take over the company along with David Glasser, the chief operating officer, according to Variety.

Earlier this week, Weinstein was reportedly lawyering up to fight two “potentially explosive” stories about him. The New York Times published one of those stories on Thursday.

Titled “Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein,” the piece details damning accusations from Weinstein’s current and former employees and associates, as well as actress Ashley Judd.

Judd described an encounter with Weinstein in which he “sent her up to his [hotel] room, where he appeared in a bathrobe and asked if he could give her a massage or she could watch him shower.”

The Times report contains a number of other accusations, including the claim that Weinstein reportedly enforced a code of silence in regards to his behavior and reached an undisclosed settlement with actress Rose McGowan. (McGowan did not comment in the article but she seemingly responded to the report on Twitter.)

Weinstein did not deny the allegations against him, though he did release a statement addressing the reports.

“I appreciate the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it. Though I’m trying to do better, I know I have a long way to go,” he said. “I so respect all women and regret what happened.”

“I cannot be more remorseful about the people I hurt and I plan to do right by all of them,” he added.

The producer told the Times that he plans to take a leave of absence from his studio. Meanwhile, one of Weinstein’s attorneys, Charles Harder, told The Hollywood Reporter he is preparing a lawsuit against the Times on Weinstein’s behalf.

Harder said the Times story is “saturated with false and defamatory statements” and it “relies on mostly hearsay accounts and a faulty report.”

“We sent the Times the facts and evidence, but they ignored it and rushed to publish,” Harder said in a statement. “We are preparing the lawsuit now. All proceeds will be donated to women’s organizations.”

Elite Member

Now I understand why many of them cry so much when they receive an award.

And now that the story is out, he will get suspended? As if not everyone knew what an disgusting pig and criminal he has been for decades?
    That's Hollywood for you.
    idunno, OCD, Wisher and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    And now that the story is out, he will get suspended? As if not everyone knew what an disgusting pig and criminal he has been for decades?
    That's Hollywood for you.
    Exactly. They all know who the pervs, rapists, paedos are but nobody does a thing about it. I don't think there would be much of Hollywood left if it did actually all come out.
    OrangeSlice, Mrs P, Wisher and 8 others like this.

Yeah I was having the same thoughts. Don't we all assume most HW players use their position for sex? I doubt anyone was surprised by this story.

Even I feel like this story is rather tame. HW big wig has a casting couch! It's wrong of course but I can't pretend to be shocked.
    Beeyotch and Mrs P like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Elite Member

Yet, the silence to this story is remarkable. The DM is a junk rag but their "Hollywood Hypocrite" article is spot on.
    Janus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Yeah I was having the same thoughts. Don't we all assume most HW players use their position for sex? I doubt anyone was surprised by this story.

Even I feel like this story is rather tame. HW big wig has a casting couch! It's wrong of course but I can't pretend to be shocked.
    I agree. This is rampant and regularly ignored, so to me the big story is that they're outing him and it's gotten this far. He must have pissed off the wrong person, or likely multiple powerful people, I wonder who.
    czb, CornFlakegrl, Wisher and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Exactly. They all know who the pervs, rapists, paedos are but nobody does a thing about it. I don't think there would be much of Hollywood left if it did actually all come out.
    I have a relative that works in Hollyweird as a production manager and supervisor. She usually has some good stories when I used to see her at Christmas. One time she mentioned working with a director over in Europe and that she had to witness some horrible crap. I think she was an assistant at that time. She wouldn't say who, but I always suspected Polanski. I'm too lazy to go through her IMBD profile right now to try to figure it out.
    Sarzy and gardenwitch like this.

Speaking of Europe, I was wondering if this guy will become a resident of some other country to avoid all this.
    Wisher likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

From Lisa Bloom on Twitter...

I have resigned as an advisor to Harvey Weinstein.
    My understanding is that Mr. Weinstein and his board are moving toward an agreement.

OCD

I’m on twitter and I’ve seen no male celebs touch this story. I’m really disappointed but not shocked. They will wax on and on about gun violence, Trump yanking birth control coverage, but male entitlement to women’s bodies? Crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    I’m on twitter and I’ve seen no male celebs touch this story. I’m really disappointed but not shocked. They will wax on and on about gun violence, Trump yanking birth control coverage, but male entitlement to women’s bodies? Crickets.
    Your statement seems to imply that there are a significant number of women celebs speaking about about Harvey now. There are not. A few prominent ones, but Hollywood is still mostly silent.

OCD

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Your statement seems to imply that there are a significant number of women celebs speaking about about Harvey now. There are not. A few prominent ones, but Hollywood is still mostly silent.
    That’s true, but women have good reasons not to speak out. I’d love to see women speak out. Like Meryl. I’m really sad no one seems to have the guts. In my opinion anyone with enough cash to be set for life should be speaking out. (Victims not included.)

I just figured (sexist I know) celeb men would have the balls to hold their fellow dick owners accountable. They all love shouting about climate change and other important stuff.
    Wisher and redcat like this.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information