Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree2665Likes

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

Actor Anthony Rapp Alleges Kevin Spacey Made a Sexual Advance Toward Him When He Was 14

Harvey Weinstein inspired Rapp to name Spacey.

by

OCTOBER 29, 2017 10:53 PM

Inspired by the ever-increasing number of women in Hollywood speaking out about powerful players like Harvey Weinstein and James Toback, Rentand Star Trek: Discovery star Anthony Rapp has decided to go public with a story he’s told behind closed doors for decades. The actor claims that in 1986, when Rapp was only 14, Kevin Spacey made an aggressive sexual advance towards him. The two-time Oscar winner was 26 at the time of the alleged incident.

In a wide-ranging interview with Buzzfeed’s Adam B. Vary, Rapp alleges that while both he and Spacey were appearing on Broadway—in Precious Sons and Long Day’s Journey Into Night, respectively—the older actor put the teenager on his bed and climbed on top of Rapp. The alleged incident occurred at the end of a party Spacey was hosting, Rapp says, after he had met Rapp at a theater event and later invited the teen and a friend out clubbing. Rapp, an Illinois transplant who took a semester off school and moved to New York with his mother to appear on Broadway, says he managed to evade Spacey’s advances. He details the encounter to Buzzfeed:

Spacey, Rapp recalled, “sort of stood in the doorway, kind of swaying. My impression when he came in the room was that he was drunk.” Rapp doesn't remember Spacey saying anything to him. Instead, Rapp said, “He picked me up like a groom picks up the bride over the threshold. But I don't, like, squirm away initially, because I'm like, 'What's going on?' And then he lays down on top of me.”

Rapp says that he froze while the older actor lay on top of him and tried to “seduce” him, then managed to “squirm” away. “The older I get, and the more I know, I feel very fortunate that something worse didn’t happen,” he tells Buzzfeed. “And at the same time, the older I get, the more I can’t believe it. I could never imagine [that] anyone else I know would do something like that to a 14-year-old boy.” Spacey and his representatives did not respond to Buzzfeed’s multiple attempts to request comment.

Though Rapp is only now publicly naming Spacey, he has told versions of this story for decades, according to Buzzfeed. A number of Rapp’s acquaintances and his brother confirmed to the website that the actor has been speaking privately about his alleged encounter with Spacey since 1990. A version of story, with Spacey’s name redacted, was even printed in a 2001 interview with The Advocate. Bruce Steele, then the executive editor of The Advocate, confirmed to Buzzfeed that the magazine left out Spacey’s name.

Buzzfeed also cites an October 13th tweet from news anchor Heather Unruh which went viral in the wake of the Harvey Weinstein allegations. When approached by Buzzfeed for comment, Unruh declined to go into specifics.

In 2010, Spacey addressed the persistent rumors around his sexuality—though not anything about his purported relationships with younger man—in an interview with The Daily Beast. “I have not given up my right to privacy,” he said. “It's just a line I've never crossed and never will. … No one's personal life is in the public interest. It's gossip, bottom line. End of story.” Rapp, who has been out of the closet since the early 90s, doesn’t linger on Spacey’s sexuality in his Buzzfeed interview—saying, simply, of the night in question, “I saw on [Spacey’s bathroom] counter next to the sink a picture of him having his arm around a man. So I think on some level I was like, Oh. He’s gay. I guess.”

Though rumors have been swirling around Spacey for years, Rapp is the first person to go on record with an allegation of predatory behavior. “Part of what allowed the Harvey situation to occur was that there was this witting and unwitting conspiracy of silence,” Rapp told Buzzfeed of his decision to finally go public. “The only way these things can continue is if there’s no attention being paid to it, if it’s getting forgotten.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...es-14-teenager

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Annabella Sciorra's story is completely horrible. It made my skin crawl.

Matt Damon comes off really badly. Esp the way he throws Gwyneth Paltrow under the bus. "I knew he'd tried something with her but I figured they'd sorted it out and she was the Queen of Miramax after" hmmm, not that he's lying exactly but it does feel like he's blaming her for not destroying her career. Wow, Matt, aren't you lucky Harvey never went after your ass
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Kevin posted a message on Twitter (can't poste it as I am on my phone) where he apologizes to Rapp and "chooses to live as a gay man"

^^^
    Kevin Spacey is gay? I'm shocked. SHOCKED!!!!

So he comes out as gay after all this years and makes it a lifestyle choice? Man - really?
    Janus and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

Elite Member

I think Kevin Spacey deserves his own thread
    yanna likes this.

Reuters went with this headline.

Actor Kevin Spacey declares he lives life as a gay man https://t.co/5cP3xh1MwI

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    Kevin posted a message on Twitter (can't poste it as I am on my phone) where he apologizes to Rapp and "chooses to live as a gay man"
    You can be gay or straight or bi or whatever you want - but you don't try and force yourself on ANYONE, especially 14 year olds. The apology is meaningless.
    rollo, idunno, Nevan and 9 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I knew he was a creep. Ugh. And that statement is pathetic.
    Kittylady and Janus like this.

Yuk, what a cynical and self-serving way to come out after years of implausible excuses.
    Janus likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

What they said, we need a thread just for Kevin
    Geest likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    What they said, we need a thread just for Kevin
    I think we need a thread to deal with everyone else who isn't Weinstein. Spacey, Affleck(s) and all the others.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

yep, he does. Even my chrome crashed when i clicked on the news someone finally naming him after all these years of gossip.

I'm interested how this will unfold, will KS be shunned, or will this be swept under the carpet? Will anyone else come forward? And big Hollywood names shaking their heads in disbelief I had no idea, I'm so shocked and appalled but I really seen nothing, heard nothing, known nothing?

A British actress on Twitter tweeted this:

'@morvenchristie- kev’s been predatory for decades. this is not a symptom of being gay. this is a symptom of being a sexual predator.
    also.. tip of the iceberg. #spacey'

Exactly.

The comments on the Spacey story on fb are horrible. People are blaming everything but Spacey for his actions. This is one fucked up world we live in.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Harvey Weinstein is a serial rapist. Reading Annabella Sciorra's story of repeat attacks, it like if he hasn't destroyed you the first time he'll hunt you down to get the job done.
    She seemed to be on the ascent movie-wise, then after a few films, she disappeared and showed up on TV. Always wondered what happened to her.
    Janus likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Thread Information