Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
Like Tree2119Likes

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    & ben and matt?
    and meryl streep and jen lawrence? Because they have never witnessed any inappropriate behavior from him.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    It's terrible these comments have all been said repeatedly on Reddit over the past week re: the female and male victims of hollywood sexual harrassment. Not surprising to see though, was that the men received a much easier time there than the "lying bitches".

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    ^^IMO the board of the Weinstein compny could and should have ended this years ago. They knew, they paid out hush money, they had a personnel file on him, but Harvey was making too much money for them, so they looked the other way. We may never know why Bob waited until now to go public, because the answer will make him look complicit, no matter what it is.
    Is because Bob didn't want their mother to see this, so he waited until their mother had died, who passed away recently.
    Last edited by electrocuted_sheep; October 13th, 2017 at 04:52 AM.
    Trixie, darksithbunny and Wisher like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post

What caused me to post this was today I read that Seth MacFarlane addressed it at an awards ceremony years ago when a co-star/friend told him about it. He made a jab at Weinstein, but in my opinion, that is not enough. If I knew someone was being hurt, I would go to the authorities, blast it on social media, etc. I am sure there are many other examples of people knowing, but this one caught my eye as I am a huge MacFarlane fan.

Again, sorry if this has been addressed but wanted other's insight as I feel like so many have been wronged when this could have been stopped years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    But really, what else could Seth do? Tell the cops “I heard a rumour”? Nothing would come of it except a massive defamation lawsuit.
    Jessica Barth, who is the actress who told Seth about HW, has come out and said that she asked him not to retaliate. He respected her wishes but I'm guessing the sideswipe at HW was his way of saying "People know and not everyone is ok with it".

Quote Originally Posted by electrocuted_sheep View Post
    As to why Bob did not go public until now, is because I read on Enty's website is that Bob didn't want their mother to see this, so he waited until their mother had died, who passed away recently.
    The word now is that Bob's head is also in danger of landing on the chopping block, along with the company president David Glasser.

Harvey's brother Bob Weinstein could be also fired from WC | Daily Mail Online
    gas_chick, arie_skop and Wisher like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Double post because former Playboy Playmate and actress Carrie Stevens has added Oliver Stone to the list. Stone has come out in support of Weinstein.

Playboy Playmate accuses Oliver Stone of groping breast | Daily Mail Online
    Wisher likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    They forgot "Boo hoo, all these starlets make more money in a week than I do in a year, and besides the women in Saudi Arabia have it much worse, why aren't these Hollywood crybabies trying to help them?". Or maybe I see that a lot more because the Australian news and social media are overrun by misogynists, homophobes and racists who make everything about Muslims. When they're not going on about same-sex marriage being the end of civilisation (and still somehow making it about Muslims).
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Nah, weve got that shit here too. The whole world is run by misogynists, homophobes and racists.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post

Wasn't Malia Obama interning for Weinstein recently? Is Weinstein delusional enough--or compulsive and out of control enough--to think he could get away with that? The Obamas have enough power and influence--including with members of Trump's current government, no doubt, as well as the so-called Deep State or permanent government--to bring Weinstein down.
    I have to say I'm disappointed. Wasn't she going to Harvard or some other Ivy League college? I was expecting something like human rights internship or something more meaningful. OK, I get she's a kid but Weinstein of all people? With all their connections and knowledge they should've known better.
    rollo and Wisher like this.

I loved Tipi Hedren's statement. This shit has been going on forever, and I hope every douchebag in Hollywood is shaking in his bathrobe.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Elite Member

I have mixed feelings about Tippi. Maybe she was lucky enough to emerge unscathed but she sort of implies that people in these sort of situation can always escape. Sadly I doubt that's always true. Or maybe Hitchcock had a better education than Weinstein and other pigs and he didn't dare to cross an imaginary red line.
    But I like this part:
    “Some of these men think they have a tremendous amount of power, and a great deal of money. They think that they can get away with these antics. I feel kind of sorry for them actually. If that’s what they have to do—to make people miserable to satisfy their own sexual needs—I think it’s pretty disgusting.”

I don't feel sorry for them. They do the disgusting things they do because they think some people (largely women, but men too) are disposable. There only for their consumption and to satisfy their basest desires. They know it's wrong and they don't care; they do it anyway because they know they'll get away with it.

I do not have one ounce of sympathy for men like this. Zero. Zilch.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Sophie Dix and Tara Subkof are the newest ones adding their stories about Harvey.

ETA: The Subkoff story has its own bad element to it because even after Subkoff reinvented herself and came back to Hollywood many years later, she says that Weinstein was still trying to blackball her and badmouthing her well-reviewed fill entry: Actress Tara Subkoff Says Harvey Weinstein Sexually Harassed Her (EXCLUSIVE) ? Variety
    Janus and MmeVertigina like this.

I've encountered one of these narcissistic, full-time predators and it was so awful - as if every woman who came into his sphere was his property, for him to use as he liked, with no other quality or value than to serve all his selfish primitive needs. Thinking about how and why a creature like this can go on for decades makes me sick.
    Wisher and Janus like this.

Not to encourage thread drift or anything but the Daily Mail just put out a story about a former VS model who is collecting stories from models about abusive/harassing photographers. I think a certain be-speckled fashion photographer may go down for the count soon.

Model shares a series of damning sexual harassment stories | Daily Mail Online

Thread Information