Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Like Tree3524Likes

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

Gold Member

OMG! Sluce!

fgg

Harvey Weinstein accused of sexual harassment spanning nearly three decades

Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed young female employees over the span of nearly three decades – but reached ​financial ​settlements with them to keep them quiet, according to a bombshell report detailing the accusations.

Weinstein negotiated at least eight payouts to the women, many of whom signed confidentiality agreements barring them from speaking about the harassment, according to the New York Times ​report published Thursday.

Among them were a young assistant in New York in 1990,​ ​”Charmed” actress​ Rose McGowan ​ in 1997, an assistant in London in 1998, an Italian model in 2015 and, most recently, Lauren O’Connor, who documented some of the women’s complaints, the Times said.

Sources familiar with the settlements told the newspaper that most of Weinstein’s victims received between roughly $80,000 and $150,000.

The eight women, ranging in age from early 20s to late 40s, described some of the harassing behavior by the powerful co-founder of Miramax and The Weinstein Company, which has produced a number of Academy Award-winning blockbusters.

The married father of five, 65, would often call them to a luxury hotel, then appear nude in front of them, ask them to watch him bathe and repeatedly request massages.

Actress Ashley Judd, who wasn’t reported to have received a settlement, described being sent up to Weinstein’s room when she arrived at the Peninsula Beverly Hills for a business breakfast meeting two decades ago.

Judd told the Times she can remember thinking, “How do I get out of the room as fast as possible without alienating Harvey Weinstein?”

She also described feling “panicky” and “trapped” as she rebuffed him.

“I said no, a lot of ways, a lot of times, and he always came back at me with something new,” she said.

“It was all this bargaining, this coercive bargaining.”

Weinstein denied the allegations, saying, “I don’t know anything about that.”

In a statement Thursday to The Post through his attorney, he added, “I came of age in the 60’s and 70’s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. That was the culture then. I have since learned it’s not an excuse, in the office — or out of it. To anyone. I realized some time ago that I needed to be a better person and my interactions with the people I work with have changed. I appreciate the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it.”

Weinstein, who’s notorious in the industry for being tough to work with, said he’s working with therapists and planning to take a leave of absence to “death with this issue head on.”

The scruffy film producer lawyered up ahead of the unflattering Times story – as well as another set to drop in the New Yorker.

His attorney Lisa Bloom said he “denies many of the accusations as patently false” and called him an “old dinosaur learning new ways.”

Bloom said she explained to Weinstein that “due to the power difference between a major studio head like him and most others in the industry, whatever his motives, some of his words and behaviors can be perceived as inappropriate, even intimidating.”

Harvey Weinstein accused of sexual harassment spanning nearly three decades | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fgg

Harvey Weinstein plans to sue New York Times for $50M

Harvey Weinstein says he will sue the New York Times for an estimated $50 million after it published a bombshell report claiming the movie mogul subjected actresses and female staffers to “decades of sexual harassment.”

Weinstein has hired Charles J. Harder — the LA attorney who brought down Gawker after winning a $140 million verdict for Hulk Hogan after the site posted a sex tape — to go after the Times, which posted its blistering expose on the Oscar-winning Hollywood mogul Thursday.

Harder said in a statement on behalf of Weinstein, exclusively given to Page Six, “The New York Times published today a story that is saturated with false and defamatory statements about Harvey Weinstein. It relies on mostly hearsay accounts and a faulty report, apparently stolen from an employee personnel file, which has been debunked by 9 different eyewitnesses. We sent the Times the facts and evidence, but they ignored it and rushed to publish. We are preparing the lawsuit now. All proceeds will be donated to women’s organizations.”

Harder did not say how much they planned to sue for, but sources said Weinstein would go after the publication for as much as $50 million.

Weinstein denies the accounts given by several female former employees to The Times, as well as details given by actress Ashley Judd, who says the mogul lured her up to his hotel room, where she alleged he appeared in a bathrobe and asked her to massage him or watch him shower.

The Times also reported that the powerful co-founder of Miramax negotiated at least eight payouts to women to keep them quiet, by asking them to sign confidentiality agreements barring them from speaking about the alleged harassment.

Among them were a young assistant in New York in 1990, “Charmed” actress Rose McGowan in 1997, an assistant in London in 1998, an Italian model in 2015 and, most recently, Lauren O’Connor, who documented some of the women’s complaints, the Times said.

In a statement Thursday to The Post through his attorney, Weinstein said, “I came of age in the ’60s and ’70s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. That was the culture then. I have since learned it’s not an excuse, in the office — or out of it. To anyone. I realized some time ago that I needed to be a better person and my interactions with the people I work with have changed. I appreciate the way I’ve behaved with colleagues in the past has caused a lot of pain, and I sincerely apologize for it.”

Weinstein added he’s working with therapists and planning to take a leave of absence from his company to “deal with this issue head on.”

Weinstein is also being advised by attorney Lisa Bloom, who is a famed advocate for women.

Harvey Weinstein plans to sue New York Times for $50M | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Elite Member

Now I remember, he's the fat guy with the beautiful designer wife. I never understood why she married him , supposedly her father was rich. So she wasn't starving or trying to escape a conflict area, they why??

czb

sluce, don't leave us again!

I wondered that too. I get that he's very rich and powerful; maybe it was just for her career? I always thought she was so beautiful and he is just a beast.
    Angeli and Wisher like this.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

So he's suing and apologizing at the same time?
    Kittylady, idunno and Wisher like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Harder said in a statement on behalf of Weinstein, exclusively given to Page Six, “The New York Times published today a story that is saturated with false and defamatory statements about Harvey Weinstein. It relies on mostly hearsay accounts and a faulty report, apparently stolen from an employee personnel file, which has been debunked by 9 different eyewitnesses. We sent the Times the facts and evidence, but they ignored it and rushed to publish. We are preparing the lawsuit now. All proceeds will be donated to women’s organizations.”

Harder did not say how much they planned to sue for, but sources said Weinstein would go after the publication for as much as $50 million.
    What the hell is this guy talking about? There are already multiple people on the record talking about him. I thought the first rule of crisis management was that if you are already in a hole, stop digging.

Yea Sluce! Stick around...we missed you!!!
    gas_chick, czb, Kittylady and 3 others like this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

And I thought it was George's twins that would bring Sluce back!!!

Well I can't wait to watch this unfold though I doubt it slows him down that much.
    Bombshell likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

About time he got exposed. About time Sluce was back too! Good to see you!

From popbitch:
    It's a well-known adage in Hollywood that young starlets in Weinstein Productions "don't go through Harvey; Harvey goes through them" – but what we're most interested in is the detail that some of the women prepared to speak out about this are doing so on record.

In particular, we wonder if anyone's put their name to the old story of the famous actress who was a big enough name to be able to refuse to shag Weinstein for a part, but still had to endure Weinstein tugging himself off onto her leg as a compromise?
    Sassiness likes this.

Sluce!

Come on Gwyneth.....
    BrickHouse and idunno like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Fuck this guy. He is a disgusting lecher.

I hope this hurts.
    BrickHouse and Wisher like this.

I always thought the Gwyneth story involved a blow job.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Silver Member

saw this trending on twitter and my first thought was to come here
    sprynkles and twitchy2.0 like this.

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information