Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Like Tree2120Likes

Thread: Harvey Weinstein Lawyers Up for Bombshell New York Times, New Yorker Stories

fgg

Mira Sorvino says Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed her

Actress Mira Sorvino says she was also sexually harassed by Harvey Weinstein — and believes rejecting his advances damaged her career, according to a new bombshell report about the movie mogul.

Weinstein first propositioned the “Mighty Aphrodite” actress in a hotel room in 1995 during the Toronto International Film Festival, Ronan Farrow wrote in his highly-anticipated New Yorker exposé.

“He started massaging my shoulders, which made me very uncomfortable, and then tried to get more physical, sort of chasing me around,” Sorvino said.

The actress said she left after telling the powerful producer she doesn’t date married men.

But a few weeks later, Weinstein called her up after midnight and said he wanted to discuss his marketing ideas for a film. She suggested they talk at a diner, but Weinstein said he was coming over to her apartment, then hung up, Sorvino said.

“I freaked out,” she told Farrow.

Weinstein came over, but left when Sorvino told him her new boyfriend was on his way to her apartment, she said.

At one point, she told a female Miramax employee about the harassment — and the woman was horrified she’d mentioned it, the actress said.

While she went on to act in a few more Weinstein movies, Sorvino believes rejecting him ultimately hurt her career.

“There may have been other factors, but I definitely felt iced out and that my rejection of Harvey had something to do with it,” she told Farrow.

Mira Sorvino says Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed her | Page Six
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    Jesus, it get's worse and worse.
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...social_twitter
    I cannot quote parts of it, because it is all so awful.
    HOLY FUCKBALLS. The more I read, the more angry I get. I've had two incidences where a male boss tried some shit with me. One grabbed my breasts under my shirt. His balls met my Doc Martens and was fired after me going to HR. The second dude tried putting his hands down my pants and I clawed the fuck out of his face. I have ZERO and I do mean ZERO tolerance for this type of bullshit. With all of these stories, I'm super suprized that no one has put a bullet in Weinstein's ass, cuz I surely would have.
    BITTER, sprynkles, Mivvi21 and 9 others like this.
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

I'm sure this will endear Anthony Bourdain even more to Sputnik: (source: Donna Karan "Truly Sorry" for Controversial Harvey Weinstein Comments)

Meanwhile, Bourdain posted an old, suggestiveDonna Karan New York ad campaign and wrote, "To @dkny How many seventeenyear olds have you dressed like they are, in your words, "asking for it"?" (Karan stepped down from her namesake company in 2015 to spendmore time investing in her Urban Zen Foundation.)

And Karan's apology after being blasted by McGowan and Bourdain:

Last night, I was honored at the Cinemoi Fashion Film Awardsin Hollywood and while answering a question on the red carpet I made astatement that unfortunately is not representative of how I feel or what Ibelieve.
    I have spent my life championing women. My life has beendedicated to dressing and addressing the needs of women, empowering them andpromoting equal rights.
    My statements were taken out of context and do not representhow I feel about the current situation concerning Harvey Weinstein.
    I believe that sexual harassment is NOT acceptable and thisis an issue that MUST be addressed once and for all regardless of theindividual.
    I am truly sorry to anyone that I offended and everyone thathas ever been a victim.
    OCD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Mira Sorvino says Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed her

Actress Mira Sorvino says she was also sexually harassed by Harvey Weinstein — and believes rejecting his advances damaged her career, according to a new bombshell report about the movie mogul.

Weinstein first propositioned the “Mighty Aphrodite” actress in a hotel room in 1995 during the Toronto International Film Festival, Ronan Farrow wrote in his highly-anticipated New Yorker exposé.

“He started massaging my shoulders, which made me very uncomfortable, and then tried to get more physical, sort of chasing me around,” Sorvino said.

The actress said she left after telling the powerful producer she doesn’t date married men.

But a few weeks later, Weinstein called her up after midnight and said he wanted to discuss his marketing ideas for a film. She suggested they talk at a diner, but Weinstein said he was coming over to her apartment, then hung up, Sorvino said.

“I freaked out,” she told Farrow.

Weinstein came over, but left when Sorvino told him her new boyfriend was on his way to her apartment, she said.

At one point, she told a female Miramax employee about the harassment — and the woman was horrified she’d mentioned it, the actress said.

While she went on to act in a few more Weinstein movies, Sorvino believes rejecting him ultimately hurt her career.

“There may have been other factors, but I definitely felt iced out and that my rejection of Harvey had something to do with it,” she told Farrow.

Mira Sorvino says Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed her | Page Six

Funny I just saw her yesterday on Project Runway all stars S4 (on demand) as the finale judge
    Its crazy how all that crowd is connected, in Hollywood.

Ive always liked her a lot, what a shame what he did to all these women!

Forgot to add (couldnt edit) Mira sitting right there to Georgina Chapman.
    Theres gotta be some awkward filming moments....
    fgg likes this.

Someone is definitely out to get him...but if he has to go down, I want others to as well. Weinstein is only scratching the surface when it comes to sexual bullying in Hollywood. And for what it's worth, I despise Matt Damon these days...what a phony.
    redcat, OCD, Sarzy and 10 others like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Elite Member

Yeah, I don't think this is happening just because his influence is fading, it has to be more than that.

from Variety: Jennifer Lawrence Condemns Harvey Weinstein: ‘My Heart Goes Out To All of the Women’

By Ramin Setoodeh
    Ramin Setoodeh

CREDIT: BILLY KIDD

Jennifer Lawrence said she never witnessed any inappropriate behavior from Harvey Weinstein, but she nevertheless joined the chorus of actresses who spoke out on Monday about the mogul’s alleged sexual harassment of multiple women over three decades.
    “I was deeply disturbed to hear the news about Harvey Weinstein’s behavior,” Lawrence said in a statement to Variety. “I worked with Harvey five years ago and I did not experience any form of harassment personally, nor did I know about any of these allegations. This kind of abuse is inexcusable and absolutely upsetting.”
    She added, “My heart goes out to all of the women affected by these gross actions. And I want to thank them for their bravery to come forward.”
    Meryl Streep, Judi Dench, Kate Winslet and Glenn Close all voiced their disapproval on Monday of Weinstein’s alleged conduct.

Lawrence won an Oscar in 2013 for “Silver Linings Playbook,” which was produced by Weinstein.
    On Sunday, the board of the indie studio that Weinstein co-founded voted to terminate him with cause. He’s denied parts of a bombshell report published in the New York Times last week that detailed his alleged harassment towards women, including actresses Ashley Judd and Rose McGowan.
    LEAVE A REPLY

and TMZ: Angelina Jolie now claims she too was sexually harassed by Harvey Weinstein ... sources tell TMZ. Our sources say Jolie claims in 1998, when she was doing a junket for Weinstein's movie, "Playing by Heart," she was in a hotel room and he made "an unwanted advance" toward her. She says she was taken aback and declined the advance and he backed off. The movie was made while Weinstein was running Miramax. We're told Jolie says she never complained about Weinstein's alleged move ... until now

Gwyneth and Angelina have both said he harassed them when they were younger. No surprise
    https://t.co/O9xBKp45Ye?amp=1

fgg

People: Georgina Chapman & Harvey Weinstein’s split is ‘inevitable’

I’ve been reading so much about Harvey Weinstein over the past week, I can’t always cite some of the periphery pieces which aren’t always newsworthy. But it’s worth linking to this Variety piece, which came out in the immediate wake of the NYT article and Harvey’s initial statement, lawsuit threat and stupid first interview. Variety’s PR experts are basically like WHOA, Harvey bungled the sh-t out of his own PR. His own crisis response was deplorable at every level. That’s what this People Magazine article reminds me of too – just at a PR level, Georgina Chapman needs better people. She needs to take someone else’s advice. If she doesn’t change her reactions, she’s going to be hit in the press just as hard as her husband. From People Mag:

The future of Harvey Weinstein’s marriage to Georgina Chapman, as well as the future of her fashion label Marchesa, is up in the air after allegations of sexual misconduct were levied against the powerhouse producer last week. Multiple sources confirm to PEOPLE that the movie mogul, 65, and the fashion designer, 41, are together at a hotel in Los Angeles. The duo tied the knot in 2007 and have two children — India Pearl, 7, and Dashiell Max Robert, 4.

As for the future of their marriage, one source tells PEOPLE a split is “inevitable” but not happening right now, while another claims that “Georgina is really mad” but “not even really at Harvey.” Instead, the second source says Chapman is concerned with the impact the scandal might have on her fashion label Marchesa, whose gowns are often worn on red carpets by A-list actresses.

“Georgina is furious and embarrassed,” a third source says. “She is very upset, but not rushing to file for divorce. This doesn’t even seem like an option.” The source adds, “Georgina talks about the incidents like they happened before they were married. Still, it’s very sad and disappointing to Georgina that Harvey has behaved like this. It’s not anything that can just be forgotten, or forgiven. Right now, she seems very focused on Marchesa. Marchesa is her baby too. It’s a family business. She has several friends working for Marchesa and also her brother. She needs to keep business going. She will do what she can to keep her personal life away from Marchesa.”

Despite Chapman’s talent as a designer, the source says success in her industry often comes down to connections. “Georgina didn’t have those connections for Marchesa to be successful, but Harvey did,” says the source. “Georgina is in a tricky situation now. She truly loves her life.”

A television and fashion insider also tells PEOPLE that the future of Marchesa could be in jeopardy. “Harvey is the one with all the friends,” the TV-fashion source says. “It’s going to be a tough time for her and Marchesa.”

[From People]

Yeah, woe is Georgina’s business, have some sympathy for THAT! Dear Georgina: DO BETTER. YOU DO NOT NEED HIM. Stop listening to the people telling you to ride this out by his side. Stop allowing people to try to paint you as sympathetic and long-suffering to People Magazine. It’s not helping. Get better people. Take care of yourself and your children, hire a great divorce lawyer and start with this thought: “I am healthy, capable and free.” So what if Marchesa folds? You can start another fashion line or work somewhere else. No amount of career-saving or marriage-saving is worth this mess, especially when it’s not even a secret that you’ll leave him eventually! Get out while the getting is good, that’s what my mother always said.

Cele|bitchy | People: Georgina Chapman & Harvey Weinstein?s split is ?inevitable?
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    Gwyneth and Angelina have both said he harassed them when they were younger. No surprise
    https://t.co/O9xBKp45Ye?amp=1
    "Hey, how's that NY Times lawsuit going, Harvey? I'm seeing a lot of people on the record right now."
    idunno, Sarzy, Honeythorn and 4 others like this.

I can so see him taking the easy way out and trying to committing suicide or something to that effect. There is no way his wife did not know and I don't buy that those other Hollywood stars did not know. I hope Michael Bay is next.
    idunno, Sarzy, Mivvi21 and 8 others like this.

Elite Member

Wow... the hits keep coming and I don't think it's done just yet. I hope this exposes others in Hollywood too.

His wife is worried about her clothing line?!?!?! Give me a break. She only had that because of him. You should be way more worried about the rape allegations, and a laundry list of other vile stuff he did to women. Divorce him and save face!

He is one ugly looking dude too. Blech..... What a POS to keep telling women to lose weight when he could drop a minimum 100#s himself. Just gross.

If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information