Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Harry Connick Jr.'s Teen Daughter Arrested

Bella- it was not meant to be condescending, and I am sorry it came across that way.
    Bellatheball and czb like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    And we wonder why there is such entitlement in our youth. I teach my kids right from wrong and expect they learn what it means to face consequences with the small stuff so they don't falter when it comes to the big stuff. Laws apply to everyone. If you don't like them, work to change them. Teaching kids they can follow the laws they agree with and ignore the rest is ridiculous in my own opinion.
    I understood about laws when I was younger but the thought of the police didn't stop me from getting into trouble - the thought of my mother being pissed at me did. I would think that having a healthy fear of a parent's wrath would do more to stop selfish, entitled, petty bad behaviour in a kid than the law. People need to stop excusing their snowflakes, stop trying to be their friend or taking the easy "they'll grow out of it" attitude and start parenting them with a strong will.
    Charmed Hour and Serendipity like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I understood about laws when I was younger but the thought of the police didn't stop me from getting into trouble - the thought of my mother being pissed at me did. I would think that having a healthy fear of a parent's wrath would do more to stop selfish, entitled, petty bad behaviour in a kid than the law. People need to stop excusing their snowflakes, stop trying to be their friend or taking the easy "they'll grow out of it" attitude and start parenting them with a strong will.
    I totally agree with you. A little fear goes a long way. Many times I thought twice about doing something as I knew if my parents found out I'd get the shit kicked out of me.

I totally agree with you. My kids are far more worried about my wrath than the police. It's not like I'm deferring to the legal system to instill values in my kids.

Bronze Member

I'm in a middle-class/upper-middle class area and this kind of stuff has very stiff penalties around here. My 20 1/2 year-old son got charged with underaged drinking last year and got a year probation (with 2x weekly random drug testing), 4 weekends of community service (8 days, all day outside in January in Michigan), almost $2000 in fines. He can't leave the state, and can't drink until he is 21 1/2. His record will be expunged when his probation is up. This was with a lawyer. He was actually facing jail time! His sentence was the norm around here. They like to make an example of "rich kids" around here, though we are very middle-class.
    Brookie likes this.

^That's a fucking RIDICULOUS punishment.
    sluce and Coffeelover like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information