Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Harrison Ford in near-miss at Orange County airport

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I knew someone that had early onset Alzheimer's, and before her family had her checked out (and this is a long, sad saga), she would leave to go to a store you could literally see from her front yard, drive away, and be lost for hours. More than once she got in fender benders with the car. She would get lost riding her bicycle. Unfortunately, she was surrounded by assholes who finally brought her to the doctor and got her diagnosed, but then continued to allow her to drive all over the place at all times of the day and night. It's terrifying to think she's probably still on the road and still has a driver's license, but they don't even ask you about that kind of stuff when you go to the DMV here. The most you'll get is a super easy eye exam.
    Sounds like her family are a bunch of lazy assholes & didn't want to be inconvenienced to have to drive her around or just even pick up groceries & bring them to her. So they'd rather let her drive around, risking her life & those in her path. Nice. They sound like lovely people.
    Kittylady likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My stepdad is mostly bedbound now after his health has continued to deteriorate following two strokes and recent emergency surgery. He still won't let Ma Kitty get rid of the car because he believes he'll be able to drive it again. But in the interests of it being better to be safe than sorry she's still taken the car keys and locked them away, just in case he somehow manages to get himself up and out, even though the chances of that are slim to none. If someone isn't fit to be on the road but can't accept it then those around them need to step in and do what they can to stop them. It's no different in my mind to confiscating the car keys of someone who has been drinking but still thinks they are good to go - you do it for their own good and the good of anyone who may encounter them.
    holly likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Doesn't look like HF will be getting the cockpit keys back anytime soon...

In newly released audio obtained by TMZ, the Star Wars legend is told his tail number, “Husky Niner Hotel Uniform,” and a personal code of 0214. However, Ford responds by stumbling over his words, telling the control tower that he was flying a helicopter rather than his single-engine plane.
    The 74-year-old actor is also told his radio transmission was made to the wrong tower — rather than switching to the Los Angeles tower, he’s still communicating with the Santa Monica Airport from which he departed
    Nevan, Brookie and Lalasnake like this.

Oh man. Not good.
    Nevan and Lalasnake like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Well shit.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

I know Warren Beatty is giving a lot of wrong answers to questions because he's deaf as shit and still in the denial stage (as was my dad when he started going deaf from old age - I guess it's a men's thing, because all the women in my family were so happy to get hearing aids to get back into the information loop again). But with Harrison, it sounds like it's not a hearing problem, but serious confusion. I hope it's not.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

So he's banned from flying now, right? Even if it's Calista hiding the keys.
    Bombshell, Lalasnake and Kittylady like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

^^Uh-oh...
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I know Warren Beatty is giving a lot of wrong answers to questions because he's deaf as shit and still in the denial stage (as was my dad when he started going deaf from old age - I guess it's a men's thing, because all the women in my family were so happy to get hearing aids to get back into the information loop again). But with Harrison, it sounds like it's not a hearing problem, but serious confusion. I hope it's not.
    This made me LOL because that is SO my dad, too! He's deaf as shit and is pissed about it so if he can't hear you, he gets mad at you.
    HWBL likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    This made me LOL because that is SO my dad, too! He's deaf as shit and is pissed about it so if he can't hear you, he gets mad at you.
    It's men, I tells ya! I had an uncle, married to my oldest aunt on my mom's side of the family. The deafer he got, the louder he'd speak, so everybody ended up yelling at him, and he still wouldn't understand them. And he'd say "Nice girl, but she doesn't articulate very well". We'd be on the floor laughing. One time, another uncle-in-law said "Nothing wrong with their articulation, I think they could understand that in Nova Scotia". About a year or so after that, the deaf uncle FINALLY got a hearing aid, and then he started complaining about other deaf relatives, would decide to have a talk with them and advise them on what hearing aids to get, because by then, he'd really made a study of it and had truly become an expert. It was hysterical.

***** celeb

My dad HAS a hearing aide and won't wear it because then he hears "too much" as he puts it. It makes him nervous. *smh*
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^My dad was like that, too. My mom had 1 ear damaged by a doctor (!) when she was young, so that ear was always weak and later in life (her late seventies until her death at 92) the hearing in that ear was pretty much completely gone. When she was in her early seventies, her good ear was beginning to go, so she got a hearing aid. My dad, who was almost 10 years older, had extremely good hearing (super hearing or "Golden ears", which I inherited from him) and he'd tease her whenever he had to repeat stuff or when she'd give a totally wrong answer. She'd sometimes get mad and tell him "Yes, laugh now, but everybody gets hearing problems as they get older, and you're about 10 years older than me, so your time on your super ears is running out!" Sure enough, when he was in his mid to late eighties, his hearing went, and it went fast, both ears. He, too, in the beginning would take them out, complaining he'd gotten used to the muffled sounds and was enjoying the quiet. The weirdest thing, though, was his last 24 hours, at the hospital. He didn't speak anymore, but understood everything we said and would gesture to us. We'd ask him things and he'd reply with the right gestures, head nods or shakes for yes or no or thumbs up or down. After he died, we found out he didn't have his hearing aids in that last day!!!! They were in drawer of the bedside table! We were completely dumbfounded. I know that the hearing is one of the last things to go when a person is dying, but this was incredible, also because we all spoke in soft tones, being at the hospital and all. Still a mystery to us.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    It's men, I tells ya! I had an uncle, married to my oldest aunt on my mom's side of the family. The deafer he got, the louder he'd speak, so everybody ended up yelling at him, and he still wouldn't understand them. And he'd say "Nice girl, but she doesn't articulate very well". We'd be on the floor laughing. One time, another uncle-in-law said "Nothing wrong with their articulation, I think they could understand that in Nova Scotia". About a year or so after that, the deaf uncle FINALLY got a hearing aid, and then he started complaining about other deaf relatives, would decide to have a talk with them and advise them on what hearing aids to get, because by then, he'd really made a study of it and had truly become an expert. It was hysterical.
    I'm having a flashback to my childhood. Whenever my dad would take us to visit our grandmother in Pittsburgh, he would also take us out to visit our great uncle. The guy was severely hearing impaired, and my dad (who had a super-deep voice) would practically burst our eardrums trying to communicate with the guy. As if it couldn't get any worse, my great uncle had a black and white TV with a failing picture tube and the screen size was effectively about 5 inches diagonally. Imagine trying to watch a football game on THAT.
    HWBL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm having a flashback to my childhood. Whenever my dad would take us to visit our grandmother in Pittsburgh, he would also take us out to visit our great uncle. The guy was severely hearing impaired, and my dad (who had a super-deep voice) would practically burst our eardrums trying to communicate with the guy. As if it couldn't get any worse, my great uncle had a black and white TV with a failing picture tube and the screen size was effectively about 5 inches diagonally. Imagine trying to watch a football game on THAT.
    I'd still watch it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information