Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Harrison Ford in near-miss at Orange County airport

Yep. My AZ driver's license was for 20 years back in 90s and i hear its gone up since then.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Silver Member

Makes me wonder what the real reason for having to renew every 6-8 years is if not to generate revenue. All I did was pay $35 and I was renewed for another 8 years. I literally just paid the money and click, click, my license was renewed. The DMV here actually encourages drivers not to renew in person. What a racket.

Oh and I don't think he'll stop flying. Just hope he kills only himself next time. I may rewatch Witness but I wouldn't shed a tear for the guy when that happens.
    Last edited by Appollonia; February 15th, 2017 at 07:11 PM.

Damn, that is insane! How do they keep up to date pics of people in case they need them for a missing/wanted poster? I can't remember when mine expires, but it's probably in a few years and I got it in 2015.

ETA - And it's expensive to get a license renewed here. I think it was $30 or $35 because I kept arguing with crazy people on Facebook who thought all voters should have driver's licenses.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    If you're an experienced pilot, you know the diff between a goddamn taxiway and a runway. And no, that 737 is supposed to be exactly where it is - you're supposed to be somewhere else
    No kidding, runways are clearly marked with all kinds of painted arrows, etc. How the hell did he think that dinky narrow taxiway was a runway? That kind of confusion could have been fatal for way more people than just him.
    Waterslide, Lalasnake and Brookie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Saw this on the World News last night and thought, "Again?!?", too. Plus, he really seems off-kilter and loopy to me lately. Not that I spend much time with the man, but I've seen an interview or two in the past few years and he's seemed not quite there to me. And that would be fine when you're not operating aircraft.

Must have been not quite there when he got that daft earring!
    Waterslide and twitchy2.0 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    2047?!?!? OMG!

That's insane! My last one was issued in 2013 & expires in 2019.
    In some places in Europe, it's good for 100 years.

Harrison has also crashed a helicopter too.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    Must have been not quite there when he got that daft earring!
    That is very true. If that wasn't a cry for help, I don't know what was.

He seems to grow stranger by the year, and I don't know how much of it to chalk up to the ganja.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    2047?!?!? OMG!

That's insane! My last one was issued in 2013 & expires in 2019.
    Issued 2002 and expires 2047. Ha, wtf.
    holly likes this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

That's crazy about the driving licences! Where do the state laws stand when there are medical issues involved? Bloke has to renew his every three years because of health conditions and the renewal is dependent on information obtained from his doctor.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Medical info is private here. Unless a medical condition causes an accident or something, the authorities never know. Then they will probably put you on a limited license or revoke it, though I hear that's very difficult for them to do.
    Waterslide likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Over here you are legally bound to tell the DVLA (Driver Vehicle Licensing Authority) if you are diagnosed with certain conditions, such as diabetes. epilepsy, stroke, degenerative brain/eye conditions etc. The DVLA then requests information from your doctor regarding your suitability to continue driving but you still have to give written authorisation for it to be shared with them.

As aggravating as it can be for Bloke and others like him having to do this every three years I still feel it's better than letting people carry on without anyone taking any notice until they cause an accident.
    Waterslide and panic like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I'll be your driver Harrison.😎

Will take him wherever he wants to go!
    Melyanna, Bombshell and gas_chick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    I'll be your driver Harrison.

Will take him wherever he wants to go!
    I had this cardboard cut out when I was 15. Wish I still had it!

^Pre-earring

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Over here you are legally bound to tell the DVLA (Driver Vehicle Licensing Authority) if you are diagnosed with certain conditions, such as diabetes. epilepsy, stroke, degenerative brain/eye conditions etc. The DVLA then requests information from your doctor regarding your suitability to continue driving but you still have to give written authorisation for it to be shared with them.

As aggravating as it can be for Bloke and others like him having to do this every three years I still feel it's better than letting people carry on without anyone taking any notice until they cause an accident.
    I knew someone that had early onset Alzheimer's, and before her family had her checked out (and this is a long, sad saga), she would leave to go to a store you could literally see from her front yard, drive away, and be lost for hours. More than once she got in fender benders with the car. She would get lost riding her bicycle. Unfortunately, she was surrounded by assholes who finally brought her to the doctor and got her diagnosed, but then continued to allow her to drive all over the place at all times of the day and night. It's terrifying to think she's probably still on the road and still has a driver's license, but they don't even ask you about that kind of stuff when you go to the DMV here. The most you'll get is a super easy eye exam.
    Last edited by Waterslide; February 16th, 2017 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typos!
    Kittylady likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information