Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Harold Ramis, Chicago actor, writer and director, dead at 69

Aw damn. I can't believe it! RIP
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

This is so sad.

This completely sucks. He should have had a much longer life. Dammit.
    card likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

RIP
    Thank you for your talent Mr. Ramis <3

*cue Ghostbusters theme*
    Bombshell and firebrat1229 like this.

"Hey, we're walking"...

Thanks for the laughs Harold, ..RIP
    gas_chick, Bombshell and Brookie like this.

Harold Ramis was awesome. By the way, he wasn't gay, but he was willing to learn.
    Bombshell likes this.

This is so heartbreaking. His production office was right by my store in Downtown Highland Park before he got so sick. He always remained true to Chicago and shot as many movies/scenes as he could around Chicagoland. He was just a regular guy dropping his son off to school not too long ago. He will be sorely missed. Didn't even realize he was that sick..... RIP Harold.
    tulip likes this.

Elite Member

This makes me so sad.

mjw
    Elite Member

Bill Murray, who worked with Harold Ramis on a half-dozen projects in the 1980s and 1990s, issued this statement to TIME through his lawyer in the wake of Ramis’ death on Monday morning: “Harold Ramis and I together did the National Lampoon Show off Broadway, Meatballs, Stripes, Caddyshack, Ghostbusters and Groundhog Day. He earned his keep on this planet. God bless him.”

Read more: Bill Murray Remembers Harold Ramis | TIME.com Bill Murray Remembers Harold Ramis | TIME.com

^ Released a statement through his lawyer. Sad. Apparently he and Ramis hadn't spoken for over 20 years, after a falling out filming Groundhog Day. Found this from 2004. The entire article is pretty long, so I'm not posting it all but it's an interesting read on Ramis.

Annals of Hollywood: Comedy First : The New Yorker

Offscreen, Ramis and Bill Murray were trapped in a cycle of personal strains. Murray’s marriage was breaking up, and he was behaving erratically—the whirling, unpredictable personality that Dan Aykroyd calls “the Murricane.” Ramis sent Rubin to New York to work with Murray on the script, because he was tired of taking his star’s 2 a.m. calls. Rubin says that when Ramis phoned him to check in, Murray would shake his head and mouth the words “I’m not here.” “They were like two brothers who weren’t getting along,” Rubin says. “And they were pretty far apart on what the movie was about—Bill wanted it to be more philosophical, and Harold kept reminding him it was a comedy.”

“At times, Bill was just really irrationally mean and unavailable; he was constantly late on set,” Ramis says. “What I’d want to say to him is just what we tell our children: ‘You don’t have to throw tantrums to get what you want. Just say what you want.’ ”

After the film wrapped, Murray stopped speaking to Ramis. Some of the pair’s friends believe that Murray resents how large a role Ramis had in creating the Murray persona. Michael Shamberg, a Hollywood producer who has known Ramis since college and who used to let Murray sleep on his couch, says, “Bill owes everything to Harold, and he probably has a thimbleful of gratitude.”

Except for brief exchanges at a wake and a bar mitzvah, the two men haven’t talked in eleven years. “It’s a huge hole in my life,” Ramis says, “but there are so many pride issues about reaching out. Bill would give you his kidney if you needed it, but he wouldn’t necessarily return your phone calls.”

In early March, Ramis prevailed on Brian Doyle-Murray to ask his brother if he would take part in “The Ice Harvest.” Brian reported that Bill said no, thanks. When Ramis asked if Bill had said anything more, anything personal, Brian said that his brother hadn’t mentioned Ramis at all.

At around the same time, I reached Murray, after several attempts, and told him that I was writing about Ramis and would love to talk to him. “Really?” Murray said. It was hard to tell what he meant by that “really.” He suggested that I call back in a week. When I did, he said, “I’ve thought about it, and I really don’t have anything to say.”
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I had no idea he has done all of these projects. He brought me many laughs over the years. Too bad about Bill Murray.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Awww, this gives me a major case of the sads. RIP Harold, you gave me some of my favourite movies, and some great laughs.

gas_chick and firebrat1229 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Gold Member

Loved his movies. I just watched Groundhog Day yesterday (for like the billionth time, lol).

There have been a lot of major Hollywood deaths already this past year.

One of my all time favorites. Loved him in everything he was ever in, and most projects he was involved in, writing, directing, acting or just contributing. Plus, by all accounts, he was a damned nice guy.

*sigh* At least he was immortalized in lego before he died. That had to be a big bucket list item. It would be for me.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information