Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Halle Berry finally reveals her daughter Nahla Aubry

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Okay, color me confused. I'm 44 and as far as I know, the definition
    of bi-racial has always been at least "consisting of, combining two races.".
    When you're mixed, you're mixed. So, if you're children have Native
    American and Hispanic (Mexican) ancestry, they are included in the
    bi-racial/mix raced category.
    My ancestry is mixed consisting of at least Native American (Cherokee),
    Jewish, Indonesian, Dutch, Irish, Scottish, French, German and Indian.
    Ranging in skin color from medium brown to very pale, hair colors from
    whitish blond to almost black and pretty much every eye color available.
    We have blonds with dark brown eyes, brown skinned relatives with
    light green and grey eyes, but we all, including the ones that look
    Caucasian, know and call ourselves "mixed".
    Well, just about everyone I know is mixed then.... my kids definitely vary in their coloring. From dark brown eyes and olive skin, to super fair with blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair.

I get asked all the time if I'm Asian, but I'm not. Must be the NA (Creek/Cherokee) part showing?

With bi-racial I was referring to black and white. Maybe I'm just not too good with all this stuff.
    Last edited by sweetness; September 2nd, 2008 at 05:54 PM.

I tire so much where someone (mostly White) assumes any attractive Black woman has to be mixed with something. I recall a thread on a public forum that [when someone brought up Tyra Banks] shouldn't count because she's not "full black". Bullshit. Both her parents are African American. How much you want to bet it's because of her eye color was that bold presumption made? (I don't care if Halle Berry is half white, she still looks like a Black woman and if you didn't know better you wouldn't have thought she was anything else either). He also made a snide remark that "pictures of hot/pretty black women" would not make it past 10 pages. We made another one, and it's currently 100+ pages

Quote Originally Posted by JaylaMaria123 View Post
    Because usually darkskin babies of two black parents don't get the same reaction that Nahla & other light complected babies get. People may say the kid is cute but they wouldn't be so certain that she would be a stunner the way they are with Nahla. I guess people just have higher standards for white and multiracial babies.

Also to the person who said that Nahla is cocoa colored?? Huh? I am black and cocoa colored is Gabrielle Union, Nia Long, Megan Goode, not Nahla. I'm not suprrised that Nahla has light colored eyes, due to her ancestry, it's not unusual for multiracial people to have features like that so I don't get the big deal at all unless you have been stuck in a remote town and have not been exposed to ANY diversity a day in your life
    I consider those light brown skin (with Megan Good being the lightest out of the three you mentioned) not exactly cocoa colored. When I think of cocoa I think of Naomi Campbell, Mai Campbell, Keisha Knight Pulliam (Rudy Huxtable) Stacey Dash, Chilli from TLC, Lark Voorhies, Kenya Moore, Jessica White, Toni Braxton, Tatiana Ali, etc.

lol Just let it slide. a lot of white people think anything darker than them is "cocoa" without really considering the fact that there are other ethnicities that range into being coal black which makes Nahla FAR from 'cocoa' colored.
    LOL!! I remember some guy said he loves dark skin women like Christian Millian. I just said...okay

I'm just saying, if she thinks mixed babies are special and unique, I'd hate to have her as a mom if I were a single race baby. She wouldn't think the baby was that beautiful or special
    Lets not forget the paper bag test era (which still lingers on...) and unfavored children or younger relatives because they came out darker than their siblings, thus not as pretty or disowned. This happens a lot if you're Creole It's [the issue] also prevalent in other races too, like India.

Anyway, beauty comes in all colors. (I cannot stand when black girls on the internets describe their attractiveness by pointing out their other ethnicities; as if black isn't good enough, or another nationality in addition highers their chance of being good looking. I see it on MySpace all the time, it's so annoying).

Halle's daughter could end up looking like Denise Vasi.

Last edited by bychance; September 3rd, 2008 at 05:46 PM.

fgg

eyes are the feature i typically look at first. i absolutely love light eyes whether they are green, blue, hazel, light brown, etc. on people of any race. beautiful eyes (color, shape, long lashes) can overcome lesser features, at least for me.

I am a mute. I have brown eyes but when I was in high school I wore blue contacts, I can't be bothered anymore--I was having a bit of an identity crisis I think all of my friends were Asian but that is another story. I live in Cali so most people seem to think I am Hispanic. I have to agree with what someone said earlier about the juxtaposition of light eyes against darker skin is usually very lovely.

As for HB's baby I find her kind of funny looking, but babies don't really do much for me in the first place, and I find the baby daddy kind of funny looking too.

Quote Originally Posted by bychance View Post
    Anyway, beauty comes in all colors. (I cannot stand when black girls on the internets describe their attractiveness by pointing out their other ethnicities; as if black isn't good enough, or another nationality in addition highers their chance of being good looking. I see it on MySpace all the time, it's so annoying).
    From what I've seen, it's pretty common for most people in America to do this. Regardless of their race.
    They'll point out their heritage and say "i'm 1/4 this and 1/8 that....."

I tire so much where someone (mostly White) assumes any attractive Black woman has to be mixed with something. I recall a thread on a public forum that [when someone brought up Tyra Banks] shouldn't count because she's not "full black". Bullshit. Both her parents are African American. How much you want to bet it's because of her eye color was that bold presumption made? (I don't care if Halle Berry is half white, she still looks like a Black woman and if you didn't know better you wouldn't have thought she was anything else either). He also made a snide remark that "pictures of hot/pretty black women" would not make it past 10 pages. We made another one, and it's currently 100+ pages

I consider those light brown skin (with Megan Good being the lightest out of the three you mentioned) not exactly cocoa colored. When I think of cocoa I think of Naomi Campbell, Mai Campbell, Keisha Knight Pulliam (Rudy Huxtable) Stacey Dash, Chilli from TLC, Lark Voorhies, Kenya Moore, Jessica White, Toni Braxton, Tatiana Ali, etc.

LOL!! I remember some guy said he loves dark skin women like Christian Millian. I just said...okay

Lets not forget the paper bag test era (which still lingers on...) and unfavored children or younger relatives because they came out darker than their siblings, thus not as pretty or disowned. This happens a lot if you're Creole It's [the issue] also prevalent in other races too, like India.

WOW! She is absolutely stunning!

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

Elite Member

Well, I don't think there's any dening that African-American people who have light eyes (green or blue) DO get a lot of attention, because their darker skin makes their eyes stand out more. It's the contrast. But I don't think it's because people think that people that looked 'mixed' are better looking than other African-Americans. It's just that their eyes just plain stand out more.

And as I mentioned before, my brother has hazel eyes (but they were grey when he was an infant) and one of my sisters has huge Jennifer Garner-type dimples. Believe me, when we were growing up, my brother always got complimented on his light eyes and my sister was famous for her dimples. I was the one who didn't have that extra 'oomph'. But I was the first grandchild and spoiled rotten so I think it evened out. I was the first, I got everything I wanted. But, as we all got older, I had the hair (long and pretty thick) and I had the figure. Not like I have some hard-body, but my sister got chunkier as she got older and I got thinner. She's tall and I ended up petite. My brother too, is still handsome, but he looks older than me and I'm 38 and he's 34. So maybe I got lucky in the 'genes' that way. I'm grateful for the little I was blessed with...maybe not stunning eyes or great dimples like my brother or sister, but I guess I aged well because everyone always thinks I'm the younger one and I'm the oldest.

So, Little Nahla Aubry may not have this beautiful face to many people (myself included) right now, but Halle Berry has an amazing figure. That little girl may grow up and have a killer body like her mother. That may be her great feature one day because she looks pretty small and petite to me even now.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Okay, color me confused. I'm 44 and as far as I know, the definition
    of bi-racial has always been at least "consisting of, combining two races.".
    When you're mixed, you're mixed. So, if you're children have Native
    American and Hispanic (Mexican) ancestry, they are included in the
    bi-racial/mix raced category.
    My ancestry is mixed consisting of at least Native American (Cherokee),
    Jewish, Indonesian, Dutch, Irish, Scottish, French, German and Indian.
    Ranging in skin color from medium brown to very pale, hair colors from
    whitish blond to almost black and pretty much every eye color available.
    We have blonds with dark brown eyes, brown skinned relatives with
    light green and grey eyes, but we all, including the ones that look
    Caucasian, know and call ourselves "mixed".
    I think racial identification should be left up to the individual to decide. Some people act like there is a rigid "one drop rule" where anybody with a drop of non-white blood has to identify as mixed. But there are a lot of people who are predominately white, look white and identify as such, even if they may have a small bit of Native American ancestry (as was being discussed in this case.) I think that's their prerogative. If we were strict about the mixed race definition, most African-Americans, Native Americans, etc. would be identified as such as well.

People in Africa would disagree with the Halle Berry looking like a black woman statement. It's all about perspective.

I don't think anyone questions Tyra calling herself black. That's her prerogative. But pretending her lighter colored eyes didn't come from a white ancestor down the line is disingenous.

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post
    I think racial identification should be left up to the individual to decide. Some people act like there is a rigid "one drop rule" where anybody with a drop of non-white blood has to identify as mixed. But there are a lot of people who are predominately white, look white and identify as such, even if they may have a small bit of Native American ancestry (as was being discussed in this case.) I think that's their prerogative. If we were strict about the mixed race definition, most African-Americans, Native Americans, etc. would be identified as such as well.

People in Africa would disagree with the Halle Berry looking like a black woman statement. It's all about perspective.

I don't think anyone questions Tyra calling herself black. That's her prerogative. But pretending her lighter colored eyes didn't come from a white ancestor down the line is disingenous.
    Recessive genes..
    There are Africans who have lighter complexions... Not all Africans have dark skin!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

That kid is damn cute.

OMG, that's one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen!
    I'd never heard of her, is she a model?

Quote Originally Posted by purple rain View Post

I understand, but the fact is that even some of the blondest in our family,
    although married to unmixed Caucasions, had kids who were obviously
    mixed, either with darker hair and skin or eyes, looking like grandparents,
    great aunts or uncles..... One may want to pass for white, but sometimes
    your ancestry catches up with you.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I can't believe this thread. Jayla, get a life.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

She is a cute little baby I think itès very classy that Halle hasnèt pimped out here daughter to any of the gossip mags yet...
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

I thought that this thread was about Halle Berry's baby...why does it have to turn into a race and color thread?
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

She is a beautiful baby.
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread Information