Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Halle Berry finally reveals her daughter Nahla Aubry

Quote Originally Posted by JaylaMaria123 View Post
    That isn't always a reality. You have mothers who favor other babies over her own
    Awww! Did your mommy favor a mixed race baby over you? Is that why your attitude sucks? Has anyone here said only light skinned people are attractive? NO. Stop trying to inject racism into this thread.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    She's lovely! She needs to marry Orion Noth (Chris Noth's Baby) when she's older. He is so divine

Why, do you think that might cheer him up???

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by IheartParis View Post
    Awww! Did your mommy favor a mixed race baby over you? Is that why your attitude sucks? Has anyone here said only light skinned people are attractive? NO. Stop trying to inject racism into this thread.
    It's been implied that they are more attractive.

It's been implied that they are more attractive.
    You will find this implication everywhere because you want to. Ugly people come in every color. So do attractive people.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

She's cute. I do think she looks a little freaky in some pictures and I don't know if she has elf ears or what. I am sure she will be pretty though, she has very girly features.

*whispers*

My daughter is way prettier. And I know it's not just me biased opinion since I everytime we leave the house some random stranger will walk up to me to tell me she is gorgeous- lots of brown hair, big round green eyes, dimples, full lips and a button nose.

That's what I don't get about celebrity babies, there are tons of better looking babies in the grocery store everyday. People went apeshit over Shiloh's looks and there are babies I see daily that are cuter than Shiloh. Don't get me wrong, Shiloh is cute, but she isn't that cute.

I guess it's because there are celebrity babies though, huh?

I think because there is this implication that somehow the spawn of celebrities must be gorgeous. Its really weird. Its not like they look like their parents after PS. Everyone always talks about Rumer Willis like its a monstrosity that she doesn't look like her mother - but even Demi doesn't look like the Demi before plastic surgery. Plus we all know that two pretty people does not necessarily equal a pretty child, and vice versa. Its really strange to me. Personally, I don't find Shiloh pretty at all (although I think Suri is a doll) but there is this constant ogling over her like she is the second coming. Its really odd - most likely she just looks like everyone else on the planet.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I have to admit the kid is really cute!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

ALL kids are lovely, when meticulously rotisseried and accompanied by a nice chianti.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    She's cute. I do think she looks a little freaky in some pictures and I don't know if she has elf ears or what. I am sure she will be pretty though, she has very girly features.

*whispers*

My daughter is way prettier. And I know it's not just me biased opinion since I everytime we leave the house some random stranger will walk up to me to tell me she is gorgeous- lots of brown hair, big round green eyes, dimples, full lips and a button nose.

That's what I don't get about celebrity babies, there are tons of better looking babies in the grocery store everyday. People went apeshit over Shiloh's looks and there are babies I see daily that are cuter than Shiloh. Don't get me wrong, Shiloh is cute, but she isn't that cute.

I guess it's because there are celebrity babies though, huh?
    ITA, but - speaking solely for myself - I usually compare the
    celebs babies to each other. But in the case of the Shiloh
    hysteria I had to bring up the same point as you: not special
    as in gorgeous, but special as in, uhm, different looking
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Elite Member

Well, I'm a hispanic woman and there are all shades of brown in my family, not to mention lots of BLUE and GREEN eyes on my father's side. My father was a Mexican with literally bright lime-green colored eyes and dark hair. He he inherited those eyes from his grandfather. One of my brothers is a light-complected, black haired, hazel-eyed man and one of his daughters has BLUE eyes. I also have quite a few cousins with blue/green/hazel eyes. They could pass as white and yet they're all latino. So all this colored eyes stuff doesn't impress me like wow, it's so special. I've seen all shades of colored eyes and some stand out, others don't. Some are pretty, some aren't. My sister and I have brown eyes. My father's eyes were a beautiful green. My brother's are those hazel eyes that photograph dark and only after you see him close-up do you realize he has light eyes (but after a while), so I don't think his eyes particularly stand out. Yet my niece (my brother's daughter) has piercing blue eyes. So, I don't think it has anything prejudice against race---some people have certain features that appeal to some, but they don't really stand out to others.

Bottom line, if someone compliments my brother's daughter over her beautiful blue eyes, I'm not going to get angry or get some complex over it, like hey, they don't compliment my eyes or my kid's eyes, but they sure do compliment the blue-eyed kid's peepers, you know? I know the child has amazing eyes that stand out and don't blame anyone for noticing. She inherited those eyes from my dad and I'm happy for her. I don't think anyone's racist admiring her eyes either. Black, white, asian, whatever...if anyone's born with a stunning feature, I don't think it's bad to notice it. But I do think these celebrity kids are ridiculously adored. There ARE a lot of cuter kids out there in the street that aren't in the tabloids.

I guess I'm a bit baffled here. Beauty comes in all shapes/colors/sizes/eye colors/etc. Why did this thread become racially charged?
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I really hope all your kids are biracial cause if not it must suck to have you as a mom/dad
    Whoa now..... I have 4 white children and they are all beautiful!

A glorious blend of Italian, Scots Irish, Dutch, Native American, with a little bit of Spanish and Mexican thrown in for good measure.

There is nothing wrong with me saying that bi-racial people are lovely. It does not mean that I think my non bi-racial children are not gorgeous. They get told how pretty and wonderful they are all the time, not only by me, but by many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    When read in context, it's a compliment.

(and I don't understand what is wrong with being described as "unique" - it means that there is only one and therefore even more precious.)
    Thank you, Novice. I definitely meant it as a compliment.

I'm just saying, if she thinks mixed babies are special and unique, I'd hate to have her as a mom if I were a single race baby. She wouldn't think the baby was that beautiful or special
    There are no words to describe how beautiful and special my own children are to me.

Oh, and I can assure you that my babies love having me for a mom!

Elite Member

Someone got offended over the comment over eye color and skin color. That should a kid's eyes be colored in order to be 'pretty'. No, of course not. But when they are, it's not bad to notice. At least I don't get upset over it. Some kids have great eyes, some great hair, some beautiful lips, some super long eyelashes.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Someone got offended over the comment over eye color and skin color. That should a kid's eyes be colored in order to be 'pretty'. No, of course not. But when they are, it's not bad to notice. At least I don't get upset over it. Some kids have great eyes, some great hair, some beautiful lips, some super long eyelashes.
    Thanks PG. And I agree w/everything you just posted here.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Whoa now..... I have 4 white children and they are all beautiful!

A glorious blend of Italian, Scots Irish, Dutch, Native American, with a little bit of Spanish and Mexican thrown in for good measure.

There is nothing wrong with me saying that bi-racial people are lovely. It does not mean that I think my non bi-racial children are not gorgeous. They get told how pretty and wonderful they are all the time, not only by me, but by many people.

Thank you, Novice. I definitely meant it as a compliment.

There are no words to describe how beautiful and special my own children are to me.

Oh, and I can assure you that my babies love having me for a mom!
    Okay, color me confused. I'm 44 and as far as I know, the definition
    of bi-racial has always been at least "consisting of, combining two races.".
    When you're mixed, you're mixed. So, if you're children have Native
    American and Hispanic (Mexican) ancestry, they are included in the
    bi-racial/mix raced category.
    My ancestry is mixed consisting of at least Native American (Cherokee),
    Jewish, Indonesian, Dutch, Irish, Scottish, French, German and Indian.
    Ranging in skin color from medium brown to very pale, hair colors from
    whitish blond to almost black and pretty much every eye color available.
    We have blonds with dark brown eyes, brown skinned relatives with
    light green and grey eyes, but we all, including the ones that look
    Caucasian, know and call ourselves "mixed".
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information