Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Halle Berry finally reveals her daughter Nahla Aubry

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I was just questioning why the poster thought that if the baby had two black parents why we wouldn't say/find the baby equally beautiful.
    I, as you, would say if I found that baby equally beautiful. However I don't like people putting words in my mouth or implying things about me.
    Because usually darkskin babies of two black parents don't get the same reaction that Nahla & other light complected babies get. People may say the kid is cute but they wouldn't be so certain that she would be a stunner the way they are with Nahla. I guess people just have higher standards for white and multiracial babies.

Also to the person who said that Nahla is cocoa colored?? Huh? I am black and cocoa colored is Gabrielle Union, Nia Long, Megan Goode, not Nahla. I'm not suprrised that Nahla has light colored eyes, due to her ancestry, it's not unusual for multiracial people to have features like that so I don't get the big deal at all unless you have been stuck in a remote town and have not been exposed to ANY diversity a day in your life

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    So basically you are calling everyone posting a racist? That they only think that she'll be stunning because she is part caucasian?

Nice, I glad I know that now.
    I said no such thing. It was a straight up observation, and not based soley ont he responses here. Anytime I see an 'ethnic' child that has blue or green eyes, some people just get fixated on the eye color as being a central reason for their beauty. What if this kid had brown eyes? Does blue eyes make her cuter because it is more unusual? Lots of people think Shiloh is adorable,too but every post isn't about her blue eyes.....just more general statements about her cuteness all around. now, I wouldn't even call this child black seeing as how her father is all white and her mother is half white making her only a quarter black anyway, but people do always seem to flip out over a black or hispanic or arabic kid with blue eyes. They just do.

Quit being so sensitive.

Thank you explaining JaylaMaria
    I think that there are some stunning single race people out there, and speak as I find.

Crumpet - I wasn't speaking to you - so please take your own advise.

Also to the person who said that Nahla is cocoa colored?? Huh? I am black and cocoa colored is Gabrielle Union, Nia Long, Megan Goode, not Nahla.
    Oh PUHLEEZE! What ever color you'd like to describe her then. Knock yourself out.

it's not unusual for multiracial people to have features like that so I don't get the big deal at all unless you have been stuck in a remote town and have not been exposed to ANY diversity a day in your life
    No duh. I didn't say it was a big deal. I just said it's a beautiful combination.

Chip on your shoulder much? Sad to be you.

WTF?? There are various shades of black... that child is nowhere near COCOA... I am not even COCOA, but I am darker than Nahla!! Shit, my mom is beige and she is darker than Nahla???

I know a lot of black kids who eyes range from green, gray, and blue(a few were kids, and the adults I knew since childhood..so no contacts). My neighbor growing up eye color changed....this was before color contacts. It's not that rare..

Quote Originally Posted by JaylaMaria123 View Post
    I've made the same observation as well. Had the baby been by two black parents I doubt people would be so quick to say she is going to be a certified STUNNER as an adult.

People are a bit too certain that she's going to be gorgeous when she's older. Half of the good looking people in Hollywood come from two average or two ugly looking parents. The same thing for Angelina and Brad's daughter shiloh, any two average or ugly looking people could have produced that kid. It doesn't take drop dead gorgeous people to have a really adorable child.
    All the nurses on the hospital floor I was born on told my mother that, and guess what...they were right!!Two black people can have a beautiful baby who people think will grow up to be a STUNNER!! Like two black people make ugly adults!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

^^^^There are lots of cute white, black, or whatever babies. I do feel that there is some favortism towards the lighter skinned or lighter eyed ones though. Maybe it is just because dark skin and light eyes is exotic/unusual? I don't know.

Maybe it is just because dark skin and light eyes is exotic/unusual?
    But didn't you get the memo Crumpet? You see that combo EVERDAY. That is unless you live in a cave.

WTF?? There are various shades of black... that child is nowhere near COCOA... I am not even COCOA, but I am darker than Nahla!! Shit, my mom is beige and she is darker than Nahla???
    OMG. Whatever.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I said no such thing. It was a straight up observation, and not based soley ont he responses here. Anytime I see an 'ethnic' child that has blue or green eyes, some people just get fixated on the eye color as being a central reason for their beauty. What if this kid had brown eyes? Does blue eyes make her cuter because it is more unusual? Lots of people think Shiloh is adorable,too but every post isn't about her blue eyes.....just more general statements about her cuteness all around. now, I wouldn't even call this child black seeing as how her father is all white and her mother is half white making her only a quarter black anyway, but people do always seem to flip out over a black or hispanic or arabic kid with blue eyes. They just do.

Quit being so sensitive.
    Exactly!

although, I'm not so hung up on eye color , I am more about the shape of the eyes than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post

I know a lot of black kids who eyes range from green, gray, and blue(a few were kids, and the adults I knew since childhood..so no contacts). My neighbor growing up eye color changed....this was before color contacts. It's not that rare..

All the nurses on the hospital floor I was born on told my mother that, and guess what...they were right!!Two black people can have a beautiful baby who people think will grow up to be a STUNNER!! Like two black people make ugly adults!!
    Growing up I had some friends who were from Northern India and their Mum was dark haired, mid-coloured skin and gray eye'd. Apparently its a common thing in the area that she was from (but I can't remember where that is!)

Another friend is Pakisiani and has green eyes...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    ^^^^There are lots of cute white, black, or whatever babies. I do feel that there is some favortism towards the lighter skinned or lighter eyed ones though. Maybe it is just because dark skin and light eyes is exotic/unusual? I don't know.
    but Nahla is not darkskinned. you're talking someone who has a biracial parent, and one white parent. so why would it even be unusual for her to have light colored eyes? Full whites do not have a monoply on light eyes

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    But didn't you get the memo Crumpet? You see that combo EVERDAY. That is unless you live in a cave.

OMG. Whatever.
    What do you mean by the OMG. Whatever??
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Oh My God.

Whatever.

Pretty easy to understand.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    What do you mean by the OMG. Whatever??
    lol Just let it slide. a lot of white people think anything darker than them is "cocoa" without really considering the fact that there are other ethnicities that range into being coal black which makes Nahla FAR from 'cocoa' colored.

All babies are pretty cute imo, but I will say that many mixed race babies seem to have a special kind of beauty. The mix of the features (hair texture, skin color, etc.) can be striking.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I really hope all your kids are biracial cause if not it must suck to have you as a mom/dad

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information