Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow Won't Be Acting as Much While Running Goop

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by WishingWell19 View Post
    Its funny Gwyneth felt the need to announce this. The few films she's done lately have been flops (with the exception of the Iron Man franchise -- but if she's honest with herself she would know she wasn't the box office draw for those films). I forget that she was an actress most of the time.
    I'm sure she was asked why she acts so rarely these days, and rather than say that the harsh truth is, that Hollywood doesn't cast women over 40, even if they are white, blonde, skinny, and well-connected, she blamed Goop.

I would feel sorry for her, thinking that Goop is expensive but harmless, but she has made herself spokesperson for some really harmfull advice.

https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...king-with-you/

Dear Gwyneth Paltrow we’re not f**king with you we’re correcting you, XOXO Science

Dear Ms. Paltrow,

I understand you recently said that anyone who is going to fuck with you better bring their A game.

I’m pretty sure you don’t mean comment on your recipes but rather the growing exasperation from medical professionals and journalists alike at the almost constant debunking of the health “advice” and all around medical bullshit that you and your pals at GOOP promote and sell. No, we don’t have adrenal fatigue we have goopitis.

When I tell you that alcohol is a toxin I am not fucking with you I am being factual. Do you really think everything in the world is a toxin except alcohol and botulinum toxin? You worry so much about toxins that you constantly need to “cleanse,” but if someone were to get inTOXICated at your worried wellness GOOP cash grab in June you’ve got them covered with an intravenous. There are only three ways that wasted wellness fits in with your toxin phobia, you are incapable of understanding the definition of toxin, you are under the mind control of charlatans, or you are willfully spreading misinformation. I’m happy to entertain a fourth if you’ve got one.

From the latest GOOP book, Botox an actual toxin not listed as a toxin.

What do you possibly have to gain by spreading lies to women about bras causing breast cancer? Ever had a breast cancer survivor cry in your office worried that she caused her cancer by wearing bras for 20 years? Probably not. I have. When you give your platform to crackpot theories about bras and breast cancer you are literally fucking with breast cancer survivors. Is this fun for you? Is this your A game? And no, it’s not an “alternative theory” or “backed by research.” This kind of fear mongering causes so much distress that researchers have to do special studies even though the idea is biologically implausible and not supported by the myriad of research already available. I can think of better ways to spend those breast cancer research dollars.

From tampons to tomatoes to toxic lube your website is a scare factory. Literally. It’s either made up (often poorly, but with liberal use of the word toxin) or someone’s hypothesis with little to no supporting data. Tampons are not vaginal death sticks, vegetables with lectins are not killing us, vaginas don’t need steaming, Epstein Barr virus (EBV) does not cause every thyroid disease, and for fuck’s sake no one needs to know their latex farmer what they need to know is that the only thing between them and HIV or gonorrhea is a few millimeters of latex so glove that shit up. Here’s an A game pro tip for you, if you are writing a “sex post” use an expert who actually knows that the WHO has guidelines on lubricants. Your post on lubes is so bad it’s a joke.

You have the gall to tell people like me that we better bring our A game when you bring ghosts and magic to the table. Literally. You promote a ghost whisperer and crystals and of course jade eggs that one recharges with energy from the moon. Really, a dude who talks with ghosts, Naturopaths, and a jade eggthusiast who has a certification from the school she founded is on your A squad?

Crystals absorb information? Uh, yeah. No.

Did you ever wonder why the only medical experts you interview or promote are fear mongers who coincidentally have something to sell? Candida! Lectins! Parasites! I regret that I have to be the one to inform you my dear, but the sky is not falling. Have you ever asked yourself, “Why are my only experts in concierge practices?” or “Why aren’t there any doctors who work at a University who think EBV causes every thyroid disease?” or “Wow, I wonder if there could be something to all this criticism from people with tons of letters after their names and maybe I should at least read up a bit as this is my mission?” or “Why doesn’t Medicaid cover goat milk therapy?” If you commented on my acting or told me how to pose for a headshot I’d listen because you are an expert in those areas.

And ancient therapies? Girl, you love those. This means that you want your medicine from before we understood that bacteria and viruses were a thing, like when people thought tuberculosis was caused by vampires? What about trepanation or drinking Gladiators’ blood? Those are ancient therapies. Are they in your rotation? Honestly, it’s like you and your experts use Horrible Histories as a reference.

Your goopshit bothers me because it affects my patients. They read your crackpot theories and they stop eating tomatoes (side note, if tomatoes are toxic why do Italians have a longer life expectancy than Americans?) or haven’t had a slice of bread for two years, they spend money on organic tampons they don’t need, they ask for unindicted testing for adrenal fatigue (and often pay a lot via copayments or paying out-of-pocket), or they obsess that they have systemic Candida (they don’t). I have a son with thyroid disease and I worry that in a few years he might read the kind of batshit crazy thyroid theories you promote and wonder if he should stop his medication and try to cure the chronic EBV that he doesn’t have. I also worry that science will have to spend more and more resources disproving snake oil as opposed to testing real hypotheses. I worry that you make people worry and that you are lowering the world’s medical I.Q.

It is hard for people to hear that what they are doing medically is a waste of time. Trust me, I have to tell people they can get the same pelvic floor with free Kegel exercises as they can with your $66 jade egg. I have to tell people that they could have eaten bread and had a beer now and then because they don’t have systemic Candida and even if they did that wouldn’t have been how we would treat it. I know it is hard for you to hear that goat milk can’t cure the parasites causing the adrenal fatigue that you don’t have, probably even more so for you because the paranoia pathway and worried wellness pay swell. However, have you ever wondered why a woman (meaning you) who can work out for hours, eats a reportedly healthy diet, lives in a meticulous house, and isn’t overweight is simply so ill with adrenal fatigue, toxins, and parasites? Could it possibly be that you are getting bad medical advice? It is also entirely possible that you are just laughing all the way to the bank.

It does not take my A game to counter the snake oil, biologically implausible theories, incorrect information, and magic that you and GOOP pass off as health advice. Really, I’m not sure it even takes my C game. It might take a game, like Clue, but that’s about it.

We’re not fucking with you we’re correcting you and you know what? We’re not going to stop.

XOXO
    Science

*May 24, 2017: Correction, this post has been updated to reflect the fact that GOOP claims the energy of jade eggs is recharged by the moon and not the sun.

idunno and Mrs P like this.

That red rock should have told her to eat a damn cheeseburger and shut the hell up. Thanks for nothing, red rock. Hey, Gwyneth! The moon, the bear, and the big blue house told me to tell you to stop being a snake oil salesman.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    And now it emerges the true value of Goop and it's contribution to the world: taking Goopy off of our screens.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    I would feel sorry for her, thinking that Goop is expensive but harmless, but she has made herself spokesperson for some really harmfull advice.

https://drjengunter.wordpress.com/20...king-with-you/
    There is a whole movement/culture around blaming the victims/sufferers for their own illness.
    Free Charmed.

I have seen people buy into her crap. I have a friend who insist she has that yeast overgrowth. She won't go to a doctor about it. I told her I believe her because she has been on antibiotics for a year, but that a doctor is going to treat her with actually things that will work. I really think a lot of these people have something wrong with them, but they need to see a doctor. It may take a few visits to find the right one. I worry about the people who will take her crap as gospel and some serious shit will happen to them.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

I am beginning to think she's been blacklisted because a lot of her peers even though they're not huge headliners are getting work like Kidman and her ex bestie Ryder. I don't think she appears in the new Spider-Man movie and the last movie had her being separated with Iron man....
    idunno likes this.

I think you're all just mean and awful!

If you subscribed to Goop you'd already know that hands are the latest and most nutritious organic
    healthy food. Cretins!

fgg

Big-shot ad execs slam Gwyneth Paltrow

CANNES — Top ad execs are slamming “unconstructive” celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow who come to Cannes Lions to promote their own brands and don’t bring anything to the conversation.

Ogilvy’s co-chairman and worldwide chief creative officer Meng Khai Tham, when asked by City AM’s Elliott Haworth what he would do if he was organizing the Festival of Creativity, said, “I think I would like to see some sort of forum or hothouse or session where clients and creatives could get together. I mean like a hackathon to discuss briefs and problems. And get an insight to the challenges each side faces.

“I would love to see the two sides coming together to get some answers before we leave Cannes. It would be mutually beneficial, and a lot more constructive than guest appearances by celebs like Gwyneth Paltrow.”

Unfortunately for Meng, Paltrow is back in Cannes, and spent all day Monday taking meetings at her five-star hotel with possible advertisers and brand partners for her business Goop.

She will also be on a “trailblazers” panel Tuesday morning with NBCUniversal’s Linda Yaccarino, JPMorgan Chase’s Kristin Lemkau and Girls’ Lounge founder Shelley Zalis.

Paltrow also appeared on a Cannes Lions panel Monday exploring brand partnerships hosted by Ketchum CEO Rob Flaherty.

Big-shot ad execs slam Gwyneth Paltrow | Page Six
    idunno and Mrs P like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by ana-mish-ana View Post
    I am beginning to think she's been blacklisted because a lot of her peers even though they're not huge headliners are getting work like Kidman and her ex bestie Ryder. I don't think she appears in the new Spider-Man movie and the last movie had her being separated with Iron man....
    The last movie I saw her in was on Netflix or Amazon Prime. It was a 2012 or 2013 indie movie, Thanks for Sharing. I watched it because Mark Ruffalo was in it and Tim Robbins. He played a sex addict, in recovery, who had been celibate for a while, and met Gwyneth, who was a breast cancer survivor. It was so-so, nothing great. Mark and Tim deserved so much better. I have to say she exuded a certain charm on screen that made me remember why I used to like her in movies back in the day. But her hair was fried. It was so thin that you could kind of see through it.
    ana-mish-ana likes this.

i wasn't real impressed with her jimmy kimmel appearance. she was friendly and laughy but didn't have interesting stories and couldn't really answer with certainty questions kimmel asked her about goopy.
    idunno likes this.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

That's because she's all bullshit and has zero substance. Her life story.

Hmmm,... maybe she and Daniel Day Lewis are planning to run off and not be actors together....

It's easy to see she's not bright. She's got her Annie Hall act down.

I see Gwyneth Paltrow has said something. What’s happened now?
    Gerry, by email
    https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...wyneth-paltrow

Yes, it is my duty to inform you all that Gwyneth hath spake again, this time in an interview with an online magazine. Now, Gwyneth knows people feel this way about her, but, Gwynethly, she doesn’t understand why. Rather, her theory about why she is widely mocked is so unimprovably Gwynethish I’m going to have to quote it in full: “People were fine with me as an [actor], but with Goop it was like, ‘Stay in your lane.’ Women in general get a lot of pushback, especially if you’re successful and attractive.”

Oh, Gwyneth, Gwyneth, Gwyneth: you are truly the gift that keeps on giving. I admire that you – someone who advocates fastings and vaginal steamings – are attempting to harness feminism as your defence, but people don’t dislike you because you’re a pretty actor who does other stuff. If they did, they would hate actor/children’s author Julianne Moore, or actor/entrepreneur Reese Witherspoon, or actor/writer Mindy Kaling, and they don’t – everyone loves those women. No, they mock you because you promote crackpot fasts, barmy pseudoscience and overpriced tat on your website. They mock you because everything you say reeks of blinkered privilege, such as when you said it was “exciting” Donald Trump was elected president because “everything is kind of up in the air” and it is “such an amazing time for entrepreneurship”. Because you talk about yourself as such a hard worker, so “ruthless” and “disciplined”, without ever acknowledging that life was handed to you on a plate, including the moment you “broke” into movies when your godfather, Steven Spielberg, gave you your first film role. Because you are like the human emoji for overprivileged white narcissism.

But you know, maybe we’re all looking at this the wrong way round. Sure, some of us wish Gwyneth would spend less time steaming her vagina and more time taking her head out of it. But perhaps she is actually an extended piece of performance art, warning us all about the dangers of capitalism? Because increasingly I feel like she was a warning satire about the current president, another overly privileged white person who was born on third and thought they hit a triple, and we just didn’t grasp the clues. “Once you get over the idea that you need external reinforcement to feel good, life opens up in an incredible way,” she trills in this interview. Trump could not have put it better.

Gwyneth Paltrow with a $120 watering can. Photograph: Goop
    Kittylady likes this.
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information