Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Aging: "I'd Rather Die Than Study My Face"

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    Can't someone talk to this bitch and tell her how utterly pretentious and obnoxious and hateful she sounds? Like her mother (whom you rarely hear a peep from), her PR firm, SOMEBODY?? I mean, she's been on Most Hated Celebrity lists often. There's a reason for that.
    Her mother was a pretentious, obnoxious entity as well? I didn't know that. Goopy had to have learned that objectionable behaviour somehow, though, it's true.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    She knows, and she doesn't care. By her own account, she was brought up wealthy and can't relate to someone making $25,000 a year.
    God forbid, she should talk to people outside her income range and try to understand their lives.
    Some of us struggling working stiffs are invisible to this bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnT View Post
    Her mother was a pretentious, obnoxious entity as well? I didn't know that. Goopy had to have learned that objectionable behaviour somehow, though, it's true.
    I honestly have never heard Blythe speak down to anyone, but again, you hardly hear a peep from her. If my famous daughter was consistently on the Most Hated Celebrity lists all the time, I'd want to figure out why. But that's me. She did get her pretentiousness from somewhere. I don't think it was her father. And the few times I have seen Blythe Danner do an interview, she was nothing but lovely, so I don't get GOOPy's way over inflated ego.

I don't get why people get riled up at her gift ideas. She's very obviously targeting a super wealthy clientele. That's the world she floats through, that's what she knows and that is the world she is trying to appeal to.

She may or may not give a right fuck about working stiffs, but her website doesn't prove it either way. It simply isn't for us.
    witchcurlgirl and czb like this.

Neiman's cant relate to the poors either, if anyone has ever seen their Xmas catalog you know what i'm talking about, but no one gets all pissy over it. They're selling to their target customer, just like fish sticks.
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I don't get why people get riled up at her gift ideas. She's very obviously targeting a super wealthy clientele. That's the world she floats through, that's what she knows and that is the world she is trying to appeal to.

She may or may not give a right fuck about working stiffs, but her website doesn't prove it either way. It simply isn't for us.
    this.

will someone please explain to me what is so fucking offensive about not pretending to be anyone you're not (she's clearly said she doesn't know what it's like to be poor and isn't going to act like she does) and creating a website that is clearly aimed at a rich clientele and doesn't try to pretend otherwise?
    when a website opens and offers only super discounted bargains, you don't hear rich people whining "but what about the billionaires? where's the chanel???!", so why is it that people feel entitled to force goopy to try to relate to the everyman?
    witchcurlgirl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Because she keeps opening her trap about shit like "it's harder for me to work 8 weeks a year than it is for mothers who work full time and parent full time because I work such long days". If she stuck to shilling her overpriced gift shop without all the words of wisdom she would be cluelessly amusing instead of obnoxiously rage-inducing.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    when a website opens and offers only super discounted bargains, you don't hear rich people whining "but what about the billionaires? where's the chanel???!"?

They want their creme de la mer at a discount and they want it now, dammit!!!
    sputnik likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I honestly have never heard Blythe speak down to anyone, but again, you hardly hear a peep from her. If my famous daughter was consistently on the Most Hated Celebrity lists all the time, I'd want to figure out why. But that's me. She did get her pretentiousness from somewhere. I don't think it was her father. And the few times I have seen Blythe Danner do an interview, she was nothing but lovely, so I don't get GOOPy's way over inflated ego.
    According to Blythe, we just don't get how extraordinary her snow flake is.
    Radar Online | Gwyneth Paltrow’s Mom Says People Are Jealous Of Her Because She Is ‘Extraordinary Accomplished In Every Area’

^^^ Oh, wow, I don't remember that article. That explains it then. "Extraordinary (sic) Accomplished In Every Area" Puh-leeze.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    this.

will someone please explain to me what is so fucking offensive about not pretending to be anyone you're not (she's clearly said she doesn't know what it's like to be poor and isn't going to act like she does) and creating a website that is clearly aimed at a rich clientele and doesn't try to pretend otherwise?
    when a website opens and offers only super discounted bargains, you don't hear rich people whining "but what about the billionaires? where's the chanel???!", so why is it that people feel entitled to force goopy to try to relate to the everyman?
    It's the 1,000% markup that's offensive. A lot of the stuff on that site is unexceptional. It just has this "J. Peterman" description that makes it sounds exotic and exclusive. The people who write the captions are getting kind of lazy, though. If you are going to sell a foosball table for $3,500, at least say it's made from wood salvaged from Pele's childhood home or something.
    stella blue and Kittylady like this.

The markup might be offensive to you but she's not marketing it to you. Her target market wouldn't bat an eye spending 3,500.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    The markup might be offensive to you but she's not marketing it to you. Her target market wouldn't bat an eye spending 3,500.
    I'm sure there are some rich people that have no idea that they are paying gigantic markups, or just overpaying in general, and don't care either. But that is not much of a market. Which is probably why GOOP apparently is not exactly going gang busters in terms of financial performance.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

They want their creme de la mer at a discount and they want it now, dammit!!!
    Nivea with seaweed extract and a pretty white jar.

It's interesting, though, how much shit the rich (and famous) apparently do manage to get for free....

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It's the 1,000% markup that's offensive. A lot of the stuff on that site is unexceptional. It just has this "J. Peterman" description that makes it sounds exotic and exclusive. The people who write the captions are getting kind of lazy, though. If you are going to sell a foosball table for $3,500, at least say it's made from wood salvaged from Pele's childhood home or something.
    ^^I like that!

J. Peterman's schtick had originality. Plus he was weird and kind of funny. Goopy flaunts an entitled, clueless, spoilt princess attitude. FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I'm sure there are some rich people that have no idea that they are paying gigantic markups, or just overpaying in general, and don't care either. But that is not much of a market. Which is probably why GOOP apparently is not exactly going gang busters in terms of financial performance.
    Yep, lest we forget, Goop's in the red. Remove Gwynnie and it might end up doing okay. I mean look at Sundance . They're gradually upping their game and selling thousand dollar purses and multi-thousand dollar diamond jewelry. They could probably go as elite as they wish. But...Robert Redford...Gwynnie the Snot. No contest.

White knighting Goop is challenging shit. I'm gonna need vodka.

Side note: the Walnut Creek Neiman's sucks. The sales staff are actually trashy and rude. WTF, the end times are here.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Elite Member

Oh look put me down for THREE solid Gold Juicers .. i will need a spare or two just in case one breaks down .. haha.

Jessica Simpson is a multi-millionaire because she targeted 'everyday people' with her clothing and accessories lines .. Even that caught Goopy's attention.

Targeting the wealthy elite isn't working for Goop because it is such a small fickle audience.

Both Goop and Kanye West (with his clothing line for men) should look at the 'everyday peeps' .. we purchase clothes and gifts too ya know.. Madam Paltrow and Mr West!

But that little Vase is very pretty.. haha... and the 'Nail' bracelet/bangle is very cool.

This post is just my own humble opinion .. and i really suck at trying to explain what i mean.
    Last edited by *Wookie-Chick*; November 16th, 2014 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something & spelling errors!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information